Pages:
Author

Topic: Dash Nation Civil War - page 2. (Read 6033 times)

legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259
July 03, 2016, 02:00:31 AM
Keep deleting my posts so that only Troll posts are in here....good one OP, clearly a targetted FUD campaign

Dash is stronger than ever.....

Lamassu ATM integration almost complete, android wallet update with instantSend support, 12.1 evolution is now in testnet and scheduled for mid-july release, Trezor Masternode hardware wallet integration almost complete, Major business integration press release imminent, d10e conference Evan will be speaking with the Dash vending machine!........thats only the tip of the iceburg as I CBF typing the rest, go find the monthly update for a good read.

Yeah sure its dying....LOL - troll harder.....

Sorry...  Can you repeat that for those that didn't catch it the first three times?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
July 03, 2016, 01:52:05 AM
Keep deleting my posts so that only Troll posts are in here....good one OP, clearly a targetted FUD campaign

Dash is stronger than ever.....

Lamassu ATM integration almost complete, android wallet update with instantSend support, 12.1 evolution is now in testnet and scheduled for mid-july release, Trezor Masternode hardware wallet integration almost complete, Major business integration press release imminent, d10e conference Evan will be speaking with the Dash vending machine!........thats only the tip of the iceburg as I CBF typing the rest, go find the monthly update for a good read.

Yeah sure its dying....LOL - troll harder.....
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
July 02, 2016, 09:43:23 PM
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
July 02, 2016, 07:55:01 PM

We just saw 8k of Dash market dumped and 35k of Monero market bought within a couple of hours of each other. 

Has Dashxit 2016 begun? 

The thing about the masternode scheme is that it pays to be the first to panic, which incites further panic and exacerbates the problem.

It's not so much the reward for being first, as it is the penalty for not being first.

In the traditional theater metaphor, you end up dying in a fire if you don't move quickly and quietly towards an exit as soon as you smell smoke.

Dash order books are very thin vs the number of Masternodes that may be liquidated/hacked/seized/etc.

Only need 2% of the 4000 total to get dumped and it's Game Over, Man.

The whale intentionally propping the price up at 0.01 looks like he's almost exhausted...

Anybody else getting a whiff of #DashNation burning?

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
July 02, 2016, 07:48:19 PM

We just saw 8k of Dash market dumped and 35k of Monero market bought within a couple of hours of each other. 

Has Dashxit 2016 begun? 

The thing about the masternode scheme is that it pays to be the first to panic, which incites further panic and exacerbates the problem.

It's not so much the reward for being first, as it is the penalty for not being first.

In the traditional theater metaphor, you end up dying in a fire if you don't move quickly and quietly towards an exit as soon as you smell smoke.

Dash order books are very thin vs the number of Masternodes that may be liquidated/hacked/seized/etc.

Only need 2% of the 4000 total to get dumped and it's Game Over, Man.

The whale intentionally propping the price up at 0.01 looks like he's almost exhausted...

Anybody else getting a whiff of #DashNation burning?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
July 02, 2016, 07:45:29 PM
Not going in the anonymity claims but as far I read its bogus.

Their claims of anonymity aren't "bogus", per se, its more that there is no way to validate their claims. Their 'privacy' system is basically a bolted on tumbler system that allocates part of the block reward to anyone who runs a tumbler. Unfortunately, the people tumbling your coins for you can keep logs, and there is no way of cryptographically/mathematically proving that logs were not kept. This is exacerbated by a high likelihood that an individual (or small group of individuals) collectively control a massive percentage of Dash, which, if that is the case, make the privacy benefit near nil in a large percentage of cases, should those individuals choose / be coerced into keeping logs.

I'll stick with my privacy coin that uses actual cryptography, and gives mathematical proofs as opposed to selling me snakeoil, thanks.

Nor from my recollection has there been any reputable independent 3rd party peer review of the claimed privacy and other features.

July 02, 2016, 07:38:35 PM
Not going in the anonymity claims but as far I read its bogus.

Their claims of anonymity aren't "bogus", per se, its more that there is no way to validate their claims. Their 'privacy' system is basically a bolted on tumbler system that allocates part of the block reward to anyone who runs a tumbler. Unfortunately, the people tumbling your coins for you can keep logs, and there is no way of cryptographically/mathematically proving that logs were not kept. This is exacerbated by a high likelihood that an individual (or small group of individuals) collectively control a massive percentage of Dash, which, if that is the case, make the privacy benefit near nil in a large percentage of cases, should those individuals choose / be coerced into keeping logs.

I'll stick with my privacy coin that uses actual cryptography, and gives mathematical proofs as opposed to selling me snakeoil, thanks.
legendary
July 02, 2016, 07:25:42 PM
I got myself a Monero addy JUST to see how much you really love me.

2 threads about me isn't good enough, put your money where your mouth is! I'll be waiting!

If you're serious then come over to the Monero reddit with you're usual handle.

BTW, I'm an ex-Dash user too.

Apparently, TheDashGuy is too talented, honest, and hardworking to stay in the Evan's Gate cargo cult; he's simply not a good fit for Team Snake Oil's den of vipers.

EG:

TheDashGuy tried to get Dash onto Stack Exchange, but his fellow DashHoles couldn't be bothered to get the proposal over 10%.

Quote from: TheDashGuy
Just wanted to give this thread a much needed bump.

You guys are slacking Dash community, we need ALOT more of you over at stack exchange please. Stop thinking "someone else will do it", what is this, the presidential election?

Granted, it took some time and effort to get Monero all the way to 100%, but Dash's sock-puppeting to 10% and quitting is completely fucking pathetic.

There is no chance DuffCoin will get to 100%, because 90% of its supposed community support is actually+demonstrably useless, ignorant, and/or fake.

Dash is a laughingstock and being openly mocked in its own Area51:

http://discuss.area51.stackexchange.com/questions/23498/where-do-all-these-followers-of-the-proposal-dash-come-from

Quote from: Philipp (top 3% this year)
Proposal: Dash

I have noticed that this proposal gained 37 followers in only 2 days after it was proposed. However, when one looks at the list of followers, almost all of them are new users which registered just before they followed the proposal and have not contributed in any other way to the Stackexchange network.

This is a highly unusual pattern, so I believe that the moderators should investigate if these are maybe sock puppet accounts made to fake interest in this proposal.

I suspect that we see another case here of yet another cryptocurrency going through a pump-and-dump scheme where the creator pre-mines some coins, generates hype around it, sells their coins when they get value and then forgets about it.

#rekt
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 02, 2016, 07:21:12 PM
I don't know why would the community and the team be in conflict

The community and team are in conflict because they are fighting over the same limited sum of Budget Block coins.

There is also additional conflict because if the core team controls ~everything, the project is obviously not decentralized.

Actually Im sort of one of a few black sheeps in Dash ATM due to my loud outspoken methods.

I still hold Dash, but am a little sad these days not gunna lie.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
July 02, 2016, 07:17:31 PM
Even though I personally think it is foolish to invest in dash I do think "Dash will persist, but on life support" well for a few years anyway.
legendary
July 02, 2016, 06:37:24 PM
I don't know why would the community and the team be in conflict

The community and team are in conflict because they are fighting over the same limited sum of Budget Block coins.

There is also additional conflict because if the core team controls ~everything, the project is obviously not decentralized.
July 02, 2016, 05:55:57 PM
I don't know why would the community and the team be in conflict... they have a very nice project and the coin already offes much the same features than Ethreum does...
Dash is very undervalued at this moment. My advice is buy them now, buy them cheap!

Activity: 770
Merit: 504
July 02, 2016, 05:55:40 PM
I could rant for paragraphs about how Dash is fundamentally broken at every level, but I'll simply call it what is it: 

A dishonest pyramid-scheme with broken privacy features. 

Note that in this context we even distinguish between honest pyramid schemes and dishonest ones, and fast mining a Smaug hoard of your own currency firmly puts you in the dishonest range - nevermind the pyramid scheme mechanisms of the masternode system. 

If you want a 10% annual return on mold, simply don't wash your dishes.  But who's gonna want it once you earn it?  If you truly can't see what is so fundamentally flawed with this blockchain and are letting your greed blind you, you deserve what's coming next.  Consider this your canary in the coal mine.
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
July 02, 2016, 05:28:33 PM
I don't know why would the community and the team be in conflict... they have a very nice project and the coin already offes much the same features than Ethreum does...
Dash is very undervalued at this moment. My advice is buy them now, buy them cheap!
July 02, 2016, 03:39:19 PM

Check your wallet, TheDashGuy. You've earned it.

Mind responding to BasilPop here?

What am I supposed to say to him? I'm working on getting back into my Monero wallet, but I didn't save my key thinking I could login with an email/password like normal... shit...

brb.

edit: figured it out finally.

Oh and whos moderating this thread? Stop being a nazi! Let the shit fly! Stop deleting the juicy comments!

Who else is going to pledge me some XMR? I'm broke as a joke after all this drama lately and got no funds left for new projects :[

Still needing some funds to expand my cryptofolio to any lovely moneroers: 43fn9DhL2eoCzuLz6EUwNoGD7KDbWFEwhAPyMCGJ6wxDZd7ULVodh1fKKiAMyzKLxoZSWMwPwz28yWf Str83dWf3HteRq9p

Thanks homies!
July 02, 2016, 03:04:09 PM

Check your wallet, TheDashGuy. You've earned it.

Mind responding to BasilPop here?
July 02, 2016, 02:57:21 PM
For all my Monero Fanbois:

43fn9DhL2eoCzuLz6EUwNoGD7KDbWFEwhAPyMCGJ6wxDZd7ULVodh1fKKiAMyzKLxoZSWMwPwz28yWf Str83dWf3HteRq9p

yea thats right, I got myself a Monero addy JUST to see how much you really love me.

2 threads about me isn't good enough, put your money where your mouth is! I'll be waiting!

This drama is making me want to go long on popcorn futures, but I notice that this is a brand new account. Can we get some verification that this is actually thedashguy, and not someone trying to cash in on the drama? If so, I'll totally donate to the popcorn fund.
July 02, 2016, 02:51:01 PM
For all my Monero Fanbois:

43fn9DhL2eoCzuLz6EUwNoGD7KDbWFEwhAPyMCGJ6wxDZd7ULVodh1fKKiAMyzKLxoZSWMwPwz28yWf Str83dWf3HteRq9p

yea thats right, I got myself a Monero addy JUST to see how much you really love me.

Pages:
Jump to: