Pages:
Author

Topic: Day trading VS long-term hodling - page 2. (Read 411 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
May 17, 2018, 07:29:16 PM
For those who are new to cryptocurrency trading, what would be the best advice to maximize profits: day trading or hodling?

I am also new for this, I would like to ask what is good for me in terms of trading. Please give me an idea what to do and a hint for me to be guided as well. I am new in cryptocurrency trading I am open minded and willing to know what would be the best either day trading or holding for long time. Your suggestion is very well appreciated. Thank you .
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
May 13, 2018, 07:45:04 AM
***EDITED***
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
May 12, 2018, 12:51:17 AM
None is good for cryptocurrency, the mentality should be use it as currency i.e. spend and replace. Long term hodling and day trading don't give any value to the network. With this mentality there won't be cryptocurrency in the future, but cryptoscam.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
May 12, 2018, 12:45:06 AM
For those who are new to cryptocurrency trading, what would be the best advice to maximize profits: day trading or hodling?

I will recommend those starting to invest in cryptocurrency trading buy altcoin with had potential to increase into the market place for long term hold.
Then kearn well how trade for the day trading job because day trade is risky to than long term hold. Need to monitor the flow of chart what is the best potentially coin has become profitable in an hour or day.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
May 12, 2018, 12:38:54 AM

It must be preferable of having a day trading if market are in good trend but if not, it is better if we go into holding. I may say that it only depend on the current situation, of course there is profit both of them but it's getting advantage of having daily profit in doing day trading than of holding.
Activity: 168
May 12, 2018, 12:22:32 AM
I think it depends on the market. And If you have a lot of experience in trading and you have to do day trading to maximize your profit but if you do not know anything about it and then the long term should be the best choice for you. But you must remember also if day trading will be a very high risk as you can lose all your profits in just a few seconds. so you should be more careful in trading.

Activity: 87
May 12, 2018, 12:00:45 AM
For those who have just entered the encrypted currency transaction, my suggestion is to learn a word of professional knowledge first, and to invest in a small amount of money to trade, and to accumulate transaction experience in the process of trading.
Activity: 126
May 11, 2018, 11:54:58 PM
Of course Day Trading are more profitable than hold in long term, but it's too risky and need more knowledge and more experience. Beside long term holding, maybe I more like Short time investment in ICO. You can making your capital double in short time. But it's same, need more knwoledge and experience to avoid from getting loss.
Activity: 145
May 11, 2018, 11:37:44 PM
For beginners, hodling strategy is better. At first, beginners are not familiar with the cryptocurrency market. They better look closely, study the market and learn the crypto industry.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
May 11, 2018, 10:41:26 PM

They require completely different skill sets to be successful at each one. If you are day trading you need to be proficient in technical analyis and reading charts. If you are investing long term you need to be proficient at fundemental analysis. My advice would be to do an assessment of your skills and decide which one you have the most skills in or would be most interested in learning. They also have very different lifestyles attached to them. Day Trading involves large blocks of time when you do nothing else where as investing long term will require that you spend small amounts of time at regular intervals to check on your portfolio.
Activity: 106
May 11, 2018, 10:22:57 PM
For what? for ROI of course long-term holding, for trading practice, of course Day trading
Activity: 78
May 11, 2018, 10:21:53 PM
I like most long-term investment and holding. actually day trading is risky for unskilled person. if you hiding for long-term i think it will be wise decision. another thing is that there is no doubt that trading  is big opportunity to make profit if you are a expert in trading otherwise it is not possible to make money by the trading. I want to say that day trading is much difficult and risky.
copper member
Activity: 224
May 10, 2018, 11:36:45 PM
my brother : for novices , buy some hot coins first  and hold it for a long time . for example , bitcoin , ether , and NEO . then , you can gradually learn trading skills . you'd better practice it starting from a small transaction .
Activity: 138
May 10, 2018, 11:20:25 PM
I think that day trading is too complicated for inexperienced newcomers. Can choose to hold a small amount of long-term, many of the coins are promising, long-term profits will be greater.
Activity: 168
May 10, 2018, 11:11:00 PM

I think today's betting is better because for hodling we do not even get a profit because what I see today the market is experiencing all red and so now you better hold your altcoin until altcoin prices recover

Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Glad to see you
May 10, 2018, 07:20:16 PM

if you open the 2016-2017 altcoins charts you will see that holding(long investment - is most profitable). Of course all depends from the market. But many influential people take long-term investment strategy. More profitable and its better for your health - less emotions.
Activity: 523
YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/
May 10, 2018, 12:39:51 PM

maximizing your profit by choose what suits you. if you like risk, you can go trading because you already know the risk.
it can minimal you from loss.
but if you want more safer, just buy and holding the coins is not a bad decision.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
May 10, 2018, 12:26:22 PM
If you need a good return you need to do  have long term holding. You cant have good return in day trading infact its too risky to lose your investment. Suppose for example if you invest in some coin which is 10 cent even you invest 100 dollar and get 1000 coins you may get 1000 dollar in return.which is not possible in day trading
This is just a example not all coins reach that way.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
May 10, 2018, 12:01:51 PM

If you want to maximize profits then go to day trading since you will most likely seize every opportunity for income every time the market changes. But it will take tremendous effort and skills and I think it is not a very good method for new to cryptocurrency trading so just focus on holding instead and maximize the profit by buying low and selling high.
Activity: 24
May 10, 2018, 11:52:01 AM
If you are not a marketmaker you should hold for sure.
Pages:
Jump to: