Pages:
Author

Topic: Day trading VS long-term hodling - page 3. (Read 411 times)

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
May 10, 2018, 11:50:48 AM
For those who are new to cryptocurrency trading, what would be the best advice to maximize profits: day trading or hodling?

both of them have pros and cons. in trading, you can make incomes quickly but you can lossing quickly too.
but holding is different. it has a slow and steady rate of passive income. maximize your profit by combining both.
Activity: 840
Merit: 128
May 10, 2018, 11:27:02 AM
There is no doubt that trading gives you an opportunity to multiply your money. There is only one problem, you have to know how to trade in order to do it. Not all people are made for trading, and I am not one of them. Day trading is much difficult, you have to be in front of your monitor every day.
Holding is much easier, but if your currency will never double or triple its price, you will never make any money.
Activity: 588
Merit: 257
May 10, 2018, 11:17:23 AM
For those who are new to cryptocurrency trading, what would be the best advice to maximize profits: day trading or hodling

HODL is the best for noobs as well as for the legends who had been into the crypto since very long time. There is no way trading can be beneficial as it takes lot of time to grasp the perfect market situation and in such time hodl can be amazing selection. Crypto currencies are bound to one thing, and thats going upwards ! If they keep doing that then they will keep you blessing with high ROI's over the time. So my advice will also be to hold and try to be stubborn at the time when market is dipping down. I mean we should not panic sell if we are HODLING it. Thats the thumb rule to the success.
Activity: 392
May 10, 2018, 11:16:17 AM
It not advisable for someone without TA skills to day trade, it best for them to hold long term, but any day,  long term hold is good for me
Activity: 532
May 10, 2018, 11:15:40 AM
what do you think its all good when you can make use it, but i prefer to do hold best coins like bitcoin and ethereum and i will hold till end year, im always sure with thats coins will have trends increase in end years like before
Activity: 82
Merit: 0
May 10, 2018, 11:14:36 AM
I would advise always adjust your strategy to actual market conditions , mix of short and longer term trades. As I look back I can assume that most successful were trades for longer term, day trading can be sometimes really similar to gambling especially if you are begginer
Activity: 597
Merit: 250
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
May 10, 2018, 11:14:10 AM
I still prefer day trading because the profit earned when calculated more day trading than longterm, but sometimes longterm any one can beat day trading earnings, so I think it depends on each who live it more comfortable which one.
Activity: 238
Merit: 33
May 10, 2018, 11:13:13 AM
Day trading and long term holding are both profitable but it depends on the person itself a day trading is for experts where in they're going to buy a low price coin and sell it when the price increase to 5% or any % you want to sell it but you need a lot of knowledge about this and experience in trading therefore this kind of investment or trading can be profitable for expert traders.

A long term hodling is a simple strategy yet profitable where in they just hodl the coin for a long time and withdraw it afterwards, this can fit for the newbies because of the simple strategy. But remember not because you invest you're going to earn a profit you may either earn profit or lose profit.
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
May 10, 2018, 11:13:04 AM
I personally prefer long-term holding to day trading, maybe because of my bad experience with day trading,  I lost a lot of money in it.  Day trading is complex and u can lose ur money faster.
I prefer long-term holding because of the high ROI it offers.

I agree. The risk is high in day trading and shouldn't be done by a newbie only. A big percentage of losing all you have invested if you are not professional enough to do such day trading because timing is very significant here and you only have a short period of time to accumulate. I may advise them to just hodl whatever potentially coins they had, and sell them when the right time comes with higher profits.
Activity: 13
May 10, 2018, 11:10:07 AM
I would do both, but with more of my investments in long-term hodling. More like an 90/10 arrangement, where 90% goes into long-term hodling and 20% day trading. If you have prior experience of trading stocks, it does help.

To quickly learn the ins and outs of trading, you should subscribe to this site, masterthecrypto.com, he trains a lot on trading.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
May 10, 2018, 11:05:06 AM
I'm just speaking from personal experience, so it might be that you could have a different experience.
I definitely prefer to invest over the long term as opposed to day trading. I just think it carries less risk and allows me to diversify in a pretty safe way.

I even go so far as to put some coins into a timelock, just so they can't be spent for a certain amount of time Tongue
Activity: 77
May 10, 2018, 11:04:33 AM
For people who have just entered the encrypted market, it is necessary to know more about the community and the news of the industry every day. Try not to go to exchange trading as often as possible. The first ten coins in the investment market are what you have to consider, and buy it in your wallet and forget it.
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
May 10, 2018, 11:03:22 AM
Long terms holding needs experience for making profits. You need to know that the coin will be higher price after a certain period while day trading doesn't require experiences. You just need to buy and sell just after get a little profit. Newbies in cryptocurrency should go for day trading while they can hold BTC, ETH, LTC for long-term purpose.
Activity: 144
May 10, 2018, 10:57:52 AM
For those who are new to cryptocurrency trading, what would be the best advice to maximize profits: day trading or hodling?

I think if you just know crypto better hold a coin or investment, do not trade before understanding crypto, because you could lose your money.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
May 10, 2018, 10:57:29 AM

I personally think holding cryptocurrency is the best option for me than day trading because holding does not require extra efforts. If you can be patience to wait for a certain period of time before selling your coin it might be very profitable.  Day trading requires some skills which are not too easy to learn in a short run.
Activity: 313
Merit: 11
May 10, 2018, 10:54:41 AM

to be a day trading you need to have a experience and knowledge on chart day trading is very risky for someone who dont know about crypto market if you are newbie to crypto hodling  a good is the best choice.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
May 10, 2018, 10:52:42 AM
Don't overdo it, you know, long-term holding is the best way to do it.
I've seen a lot of people who have been in the long term make a lot of money, but I don't see the people who do it very often make a lot of money.
Activity: 484
May 10, 2018, 10:50:02 AM

For newbies, I recommend that you use 80% for long-term investments (hodling). The remaining 20% or day trading, which can help you earn a profit every day but it can also make you lose money every day. So choose breeding if you are afraid of losing money.
Activity: 228
Merit: 10
May 10, 2018, 10:49:13 AM
For those, who are new here, the best advice I think will depend on what they are going to do here, if trading if holding - advices will be different
Activity: 685
Merit: 14
May 10, 2018, 10:46:58 AM

Day trading is little risk so long term holding is the best way to protect our investment. But many peoples are looking to quick profit so I don't suggest to both day trading and holding because we must gain some knowledge in Crypto platform then only it will supporting to our journey.
Pages:
Jump to: