Pages:
Author

Topic: DCA: the power of little beginning - page 3. (Read 1140 times)

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
March 29, 2024, 03:23:25 PM
People who keep on missing bitcoin opportunities are probably not aware about DCA. Or they really are aware but the fear to take the risk is high because they have no substantial amount of knowledge in the first place. I have been fearing bitcoin investment way back then and so I end up procrastinating most often, but I realized I won’t achieve something if I keep doing the same thing and keep the same attitude.

Thankful to have learned about DCA. That idea lessen my fear and started taking small steps in bitcoin investment. Now, from a humble beginning, I can say that I am hodling a good amount of bitcoin already. DCA is the key, and of course having a good mindset and a positive attitude towards bitcoin is also a great factor for success.

The real advantage of the DCA is that you will never miss out on a train if it leaves the station. The reason is that you will buy the bitcoin at the current price with some percentage of your portfolio. Now if the price pumps, you always have the bitcoin with you and you will never regret that you did not buy in the first place.
In the opposite scenario, if the bitcoin price dumps, it will give you an opportunity to buy more at a cheaper price and buy more if it dumps more. This way you will have a good cheaper average bitcoin buying price. For sure, you need to hold these bitcoin accumulations till the time you know that bitcoin is near the peak of the bull cycle and you may sell in parts too during that time period.

The DCA can be done not only with Bitcoin but with any cryptocurrencies however keep in mind that the project should be a good one in which you do the DCA other you will keep holding the bag of that coin if it's a scam coin and may never pump again.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
March 29, 2024, 02:43:31 PM
I totally agree with you and I am also doing the DCA method of buying bitcoin. Maybe right now the amount is still relatively small but I'm sure one day it will be worth a lot. This method is very helpful for managing market risk by investing small amounts regularly. I believe bitcoin has a very good future, so I don't hesitate to use the DCA method. This method can help you have discipline because it ensures you are not too exposed when buying at high prices, while on the other hand it helps when the market recovers, because it has to buy when the market experiences a correction. By not depending on time, DCA can minimize the effect of market ups and downs on the portfolio because the average acquisition price will not be too high or too low.

I'm still thinking about using the DCA method on altcoins, because I think there's still a bit of doubt about altcoins in the long term so I think they have risks. Even if I use it on altcoins, maybe only on ethereum.
Activity: 882
Merit: 540
March 29, 2024, 01:41:30 PM
DCA method has been found very worthy of adopting, this strategy helps every investor, it doesn't matter if you are wealthy or not, applying this method allows an investor to continuously invest with ease, it doesn't make you invest more than what you have but you can increase your investment that's if you desire but makes you comfortable as an investor to be free from any pressure, it is not demanding, it allows you to invest what you can afford to lose, this strategy gives equal opportunity to all bitcoin investors to invest what they feel that's they can afford continuously in a period.

DCA is suitable specially for those people who don't have enough money for lump sum investment. If you see bitcoin price and DCA then it's very much clear that DCA has given good return if executed properly. With DCA you don't need to see Bitcoin price everyday rather keep accumulating every week or month and you are all set for good ROI. There are tools available that gives you idea about why DCA is best way to accumulate Bitcoin. 
Try this https://dcabtc.com/   
Activity: 182
Merit: 152
Never give up
March 29, 2024, 01:23:18 PM
DCA method has been found very worthy of adopting, this strategy helps every investor, it doesn't matter if you are wealthy or not, applying this method allows an investor to continuously invest with ease, it doesn't make you invest more than what you have but you can increase your investment that's if you desire but makes you comfortable as an investor to be free from any pressure, it is not demanding, it allows you to invest what you can afford to lose, this strategy gives equal opportunity to all bitcoin investors to invest what they feel that's they can afford continuously in a period.
DCAing strategy is an easy method for accounting Bitcoin on the long run, DCAing strategy doesn't need you to obtain 1000 dollars before you invest. With low as $30 you can invest for the long run if you buy constantly. The whole concept of investing for long terms seats on your hands, if you are ready to own good Bitcoin. Just make sure to have a source of income that generates money that can be used for buying Bitcoin. Also get ready to increase your Bitcoin amount when you gets more money.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 714
March 29, 2024, 11:16:05 AM
Today I am a proud Bitcoin investor, with a portfolio that I can call an achievement even though it may not be something too big for some people. I am not making this post because of Bitcoin is rising in price, my focus is on the quantity of Bitcoin and not necessarily the dollar value. Besides, the DCA method has molded me to appreciate bear markets because that is the opportunity to collect more Bitcoin at lower prices.

I am sure there are many people with similar thing to say about the DCA method because I have engaged in many discussions where a good number of forum users confirmed to be using the DCA method, so I expect they will also be proud of what they have achieved through it.
Everyone has a different level of happiness when they achieve success and the measure of a person's success cannot be measured in numbers. There are many people who don't have the money to invest, which makes them limited in doing so. Luckily, you are in the right condition because even though you don't have a lot of money, you can still invest using DCA. I believe there are many people who have successfully used the DCA pattern and now they are getting results from the strategy.

Almost most people who have small incomes do the DCA pattern in investment and this is done for nothing more than to get binding investment capabilities. If someone consistently carries it out then I am sure we will get a decent profit from this pattern. But unfortunately not many people want to confirm and are willing to carry out this pattern because they don't understand how.
Activity: 378
Merit: 182
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
March 29, 2024, 11:05:26 AM
Activity: 798
Merit: 723
March 11, 2024, 11:00:40 AM
I am sure there are many people with similar thing to say about the DCA method because I have engaged in many discussions where a good number of forum users confirmed to be using the DCA method, so I expect they will also be proud of what they have achieved through it.
The DCA method remains the best method I've ever seen for assisting investors of various financial categories in accumulating a reasonable number of Bitcoin over time and without the stress of looking for large sums of money to begin investing or taking out a loan to invest in Bitcoin, provided you have a small source of income.
Through the DCA approach, I have acquired a specific amount of Bitcoin through my weekly signature payment, and I am extremely pleased with the return I have already received since the market is growing in a positive manner.
Activity: 756
Merit: 701
March 11, 2024, 10:48:38 AM
It was when I started being active in this forum I noticed that there is something called Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) that enable someone buy Bitcoin even with small amount of money on a regular basis. I embraced it and it has changed my life!
DCA makes the process of investing easier and without DCA method many investors will not be able to accumulate enough bitcoins like they do before from single large deposits. Many solo investors outside of forum may not be aware of the method of growing their bitcoin portfolio by little deposits made occasionally. DCA will make accumulating and increasing the bitcoins you have easier and will make investment less of a burden. With DCA method too, the risk of losing money just invested and never wanting to invest again is put in check because an investor via DCA will be able to control and reduces looses from investment.
If we can use the DCA method to invest, of course we will be able to easily invest in Bitcoin and it will be very possible for us to collect the amount of money we have and buy it gradually to be able to get a profit from the investment we make, because if we waiting to collect money first and then buying it in large quantities, we could miss out on the profits that we could get and we can see that in recent days the price of Bitcoin has continued to increase. If we had collected it yesterday, it could have been a few moments later that we would have made a profit and also the method This will be easily understood by anyone, even if they are new to Bitcoin, they can easily use the DCA method in their investments.
that's right and DCA is the easiest, safest strategy, anyone can do it and much better than any strategy both beginners and someone who has been investing in bitcoin for a long time, the average value of money that we share to make purchases is a process of patience and clear goals within a certain time span and again the most fundamental in investing in bitcoin is a very fast price fluctuation, and it will give a boost of panic and fomo at the moment times, well with DCA it will be better controlled so that a bitcoin investor will be much safer and can build his bitcoin portfolio healthily.

The investment needs to be made with a certain strategy. Many people may have different investment methods, but the general majority use the same method. Perhaps the most used of these methods is DCA. Even if the investment amount is small, after a while the total investment amount increases and the goals can be achieved.

The DCA method also brings order to the investor. If the investor follows this method, he will make his investment smoothly and regularly.
Activity: 406
Merit: 262
March 11, 2024, 09:13:35 AM

The strategy I plan to utilize is slightly modified.

Price is presumed low (personal bias) => buy more.
Price is on the high side (but in a "dip") => buy little.

The concerns with DCA is that if you keep buying higher, the value you got at lower prices gets diluted to the point your average buy-in becomes too high. If done with leverage, worse because you can get liquidated faster.
Your strategy will work, but it will require a lot time dedication to the market.
You will be forced to be monitoring market movements always like a crypto trader, instead of allocating some certain money to buy your bitcoin either weekly in monthly depending on your will.

This method you are about to try will make you spend out of budget because you will be willing to buy when you see the price dump, and if you don’t have money it will be another problem that will affect the plan that is why DCA is the best because you only allocated the money you are willing to save for Bitcoin investment in a particular duration of time irrespective of the price.
Activity: 686
Merit: 403
March 11, 2024, 08:04:45 AM
I have come to understand and appreciate the saying that "little drops of water make a mighty ocean", the DCA method of buying Bitcoin brought me to that understanding. I have had this poor mindset of making huge profits from trading thereafter, invest part of it into Bitcoin holding as a hedge to my trading. This mindset have held me moving round the same cycle of profits and losses for over two years with no progress despite the pains and psychological torture that comes with losing streak in trading. Little did I know that buying little by little would have made me achieve even bigger results than I was targeting through trading. It was when I started being active in this forum I noticed that there is something called Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) that enable someone buy Bitcoin even with small amount of money on a regular basis. I embraced it and it has changed my life!

Today I am a proud Bitcoin investor, with a portfolio that I can call an achievement even though it may not be something too big for some people. I am not making this post because of Bitcoin is rising in price, my focus is on the quantity of Bitcoin and not necessarily the dollar value. Besides, the DCA method has molded me to appreciate bear markets because that is the opportunity to collect more Bitcoin at lower prices.

To those who really helped in sharing their wealth of knowledge free of charge in this forum like @JayJuanGee, @Wind_FURY, @tranthidung and many others, you are all highly appreciated.

It's my father's favorite quote too, he believes in savings and he is old school but he evolved very quickly, he knew savings his old and he even recommended investing in new assets, today, savings aren't bad but investment just makes things more easier for you than savings.

A little drop of water thus makes a mighty ocean, only if you believe, many people see savings or slow growth as a waste of time but it's not, and in this crypto space, you need to use the DCA method because it has better accumulation advantage, since bitcoin value isn't waiting for anyone, buying bit by bit is the best buying strategy after all.

Practice makes perfect, and a little drop of water makes a mighty ocean, these two lesson quotes goes well together, growing slowly makes you stronger, your foundation will be as hard as rock but may people lacks the patience, they want to make money very quickly, that's why many are not even into Bitcoin investment today, and they are missing out big.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
March 10, 2024, 01:07:54 PM
It was when I started being active in this forum I noticed that there is something called Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) that enable someone buy Bitcoin even with small amount of money on a regular basis. I embraced it and it has changed my life!
DCA makes the process of investing easier and without DCA method many investors will not be able to accumulate enough bitcoins like they do before from single large deposits. Many solo investors outside of forum may not be aware of the method of growing their bitcoin portfolio by little deposits made occasionally. DCA will make accumulating and increasing the bitcoins you have easier and will make investment less of a burden. With DCA method too, the risk of losing money just invested and never wanting to invest again is put in check because an investor via DCA will be able to control and reduces looses from investment.
If we can use the DCA method to invest, of course we will be able to easily invest in Bitcoin and it will be very possible for us to collect the amount of money we have and buy it gradually to be able to get a profit from the investment we make, because if we waiting to collect money first and then buying it in large quantities, we could miss out on the profits that we could get and we can see that in recent days the price of Bitcoin has continued to increase. If we had collected it yesterday, it could have been a few moments later that we would have made a profit and also the method This will be easily understood by anyone, even if they are new to Bitcoin, they can easily use the DCA method in their investments.
that's right and DCA is the easiest, safest strategy, anyone can do it and much better than any strategy both beginners and someone who has been investing in bitcoin for a long time, the average value of money that we share to make purchases is a process of patience and clear goals within a certain time span and again the most fundamental in investing in bitcoin is a very fast price fluctuation, and it will give a boost of panic and fomo at the moment times, well with DCA it will be better controlled so that a bitcoin investor will be much safer and can build his bitcoin portfolio healthily.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 208
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 10, 2024, 12:35:24 PM
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1071
March 09, 2024, 07:04:40 PM
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1290
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
March 09, 2024, 06:59:52 PM
DCA can actually be used anywhere. The principle is so simple, and some people use it without even knowing the definition of the entire abbreviation. Leave 10 percent of your regular earnings. The American dream of becoming a millionaire and having a million also meant saving a few percent of any profits. Knowing about Bitcoin today, anyone who can earn their income and limit themselves to some part for holding can become an investor. There were many surveys on the topic: if your salary is enough for you, then can you live without one of its ten parts? Many of the responses were positive. All that remains is to make the right and necessary decisions.
You’re right there mate. With bitcoin, it’s always possible to start an investment even with a little amount of income, DCA is the key. Learn to manage your expenses and stick to your budgeting, and when there is extra money left, investing in bitcoin is always the right option. Do it in a regular basis regardless of bitcoin price, you will be amazed after years of doing DCA when you see how much have you got with your bitcoin accumulation.

Not only when it comes to investing, but most likely in saving as well. You can’t save without doing DCA, because just by putting a small amount on your bank account gradually, that will cost even a million when you continuously save without setting limits when to stop. DCA is actually useful in a lot of way, unfortunately only few smart people have realized it.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
March 09, 2024, 06:53:02 PM
-snip-
People who keep on missing bitcoin opportunities are probably not aware about DCA. Or they really are aware but the fear to take the risk is high because they have no substantial amount of knowledge in the first place. I have been fearing bitcoin investment way back then and so I end up procrastinating most often, but I realized I won’t achieve something if I keep doing the same thing and keep the same attitude.

Thankful to have learned about DCA. That idea lessen my fear and started taking small steps in bitcoin investment. Now, from a humble beginning, I can say that I am hodling a good amount of bitcoin already. DCA is the key, and of course having a good mindset and a positive attitude towards bitcoin is also a great factor for success.
Fear of losing money due to price volatility tends to be a more reasonable reason than not knowing an investment strategy. We know that not everyone has a good financial condition where they do not receive wages commensurate with their work in the real world - it makes a person's mindset narrow when they are faced with the risk of losing more money.

They don't want to lose money when earning money is so difficult – but some of them are also willing to take risks and start learning how to make money. It may be difficult at first - but when they start to learn and know how the markets work, on average they prefer risky investments to safe investments.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 789
Top Crypto Casino
March 09, 2024, 06:50:26 PM
Congratulations to OP on your portfolio achievement. As someone who haven't tried a DCA strategy of my own but have seen it reward people in real time (especially those who DCA in Bitcoin on every dip — market goes down, they buy). I'm willing to try out the strategy myself.

The strategy I plan to utilize is slightly modified.

Price is presumed low (personal bias) => buy more.
Price is on the high side (but in a "dip") => buy little.

The concerns with DCA is that if you keep buying higher, the value you got at lower prices gets diluted to the point your average buy-in becomes too high. If done with leverage, worse because you can get liquidated faster.
Activity: 224
Merit: 195
March 09, 2024, 06:40:21 PM
I won't be saying much about my personal experience with DCA but it's a good strategy to accumulate bitcoin if you are not very rich or have enough capital to lump sum at once.

DCA can also have a bad side, if you end up buying too much at very high price like during the bull and you end up with a higher buying average for lesser coins, so it's also nice you mix up your dca with other strategies to keep you well ahed in your investment.

The DCA strategy is absolute unique, being applied with no chances of affecting one's cost of living. Much is not expected to be wholesomely invested, it goes with little fractions that later on builds into bigger portion of what becomes in our portfolio. Maybe not just the DCA alone I have also learnt a few other strategies that can aswell be compiled with the DCA method to achieve greater results.
Investing in DCA method seems to me to be a simple and recommended strategy. There are many of us who cannot afford to buy a large amount of bitcoins at once but buy bitcoins in fractions through this method. Those of us who invest in the Dollar Cost Averaging method have a specific goal in mind which is to invest in Bitcoin with whatever money we have left over excluding our necessary expenses, be it monthly or weekly. There are many investors or members who regularly invest in DCA method. By investing in this way we can grow our investment portfolio if we do it patiently for a long period of time.

You seem to be mis understanding DCA, it has nothing to do with if your rich or poor, its major purpose is to reduce the impact of marker volatility on your asset since you would be buying continously at different markets prices.

Your right when you said DCA is a good strategy to accumulate bitcoin for a long term cause you can end up accumulating more bitcoin at a lesser price than someone who lumpsum often, let's say you've got 100k to invest in bitcoin and you lump sum right away, you would be buying your bitcoin at a fixed price and your profits woudl only come when the trend is bullish from there, if a bear comes you would be at more loss. But if I am using DCA then I'll split the money into equal parts, maybe for 4 buys, 8 buys or even 10 buys and I'll be buying at different market price and if its bullish from my first buy and bearish later I would still be buying bitcoin at those different market trends but where its bad is when you buy at the highest points of the market and then you stop buying when the price starts retracing down you would end up with ahigher buying average.

So the DCA is only best for continous buying and not for buying only for a short period of time, cause the DCA strategy can only reduce the impact of volatility as long as you continue using it.
When talking about DCA, many might think using other strategies alongside DCA is not ideal but we have to understand the market and apply the most efficient method to maximize our profits. There are times when the market requires buying DIPs, by doing so doesn't or should not affect once DCAING, it's all about taking advantage of the market to suit our investment.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
March 09, 2024, 05:58:56 PM
If what its going to require from us to at least have a beginning in making investment in bitcoin is to start by the pattern of DCA, then its fine and good and we should not got ourselves discouraged in that because it is more better starting such way than doing nothing at all, many people already have procrastinated their investment from years back to this present days and never concluded on making determination to invest and stop the procrastination they have been used to over time.

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 09, 2024, 01:52:43 PM
Congratulations, op! Patience is truly a virtue and it is something we need to have the most when it comes with DCA method. Some people might get frustrated and would want to buy huge amounts of bitcoin already and then end up with nothing. A few satoshis is better than nothing. Of course we  should always aim for more but sometimes we have to accept what we are capable of right now and just take the long road.

May you serve as an inspiration to others!

Using DCA is actually useful, and I don't see anything wrong with it. But what if the crypto you're doing with DCA is the wrong coin that can't really give you earnings? Can it be called paringuseful?

I just thought of this question. Although I know that many communities in the crypto space are actually using it, until now, which is in the bull run, it is still used by most of the crypto communities in this field industry.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
March 09, 2024, 11:00:25 AM
I won't be saying much about my personal experience with DCA but it's a good strategy to accumulate bitcoin if you are not very rich or have enough capital to lump sum at once.

DCA can also have a bad side, if you end up buying too much at very high price like during the bull and you end up with a higher buying average for lesser coins, so it's also nice you mix up your dca with other strategies to keep you well ahed in your investment.

The DCA strategy is absolute unique, being applied with no chances of affecting one's cost of living. Much is not expected to be wholesomely invested, it goes with little fractions that later on builds into bigger portion of what becomes in our portfolio. Maybe not just the DCA alone I have also learnt a few other strategies that can aswell be compiled with the DCA method to achieve greater results.
Investing in DCA method seems to me to be a simple and recommended strategy. There are many of us who cannot afford to buy a large amount of bitcoins at once but buy bitcoins in fractions through this method. Those of us who invest in the Dollar Cost Averaging method have a specific goal in mind which is to invest in Bitcoin with whatever money we have left over excluding our necessary expenses, be it monthly or weekly. There are many investors or members who regularly invest in DCA method. By investing in this way we can grow our investment portfolio if we do it patiently for a long period of time.

You seem to be mis understanding DCA, it has nothing to do with if your rich or poor, its major purpose is to reduce the impact of marker volatility on your asset since you would be buying continously at different markets prices.

Your right when you said DCA is a good strategy to accumulate bitcoin for a long term cause you can end up accumulating more bitcoin at a lesser price than someone who lumpsum often, let's say you've got 100k to invest in bitcoin and you lump sum right away, you would be buying your bitcoin at a fixed price and your profits woudl only come when the trend is bullish from there, if a bear comes you would be at more loss. But if I am using DCA then I'll split the money into equal parts, maybe for 4 buys, 8 buys or even 10 buys and I'll be buying at different market price and if its bullish from my first buy and bearish later I would still be buying bitcoin at those different market trends but where its bad is when you buy at the highest points of the market and then you stop buying when the price starts retracing down you would end up with ahigher buying average.

So the DCA is only best for continous buying and not for buying only for a short period of time, cause the DCA strategy can only reduce the impact of volatility as long as you continue using it.
Pages:
Jump to: