Pages:
Author

Topic: DCA: the power of little beginning - page 2. (Read 1140 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 172
April 02, 2024, 08:49:25 AM
I agree with you and I can't stress the importance of employing techniques like Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) to build your investment in bitcoin. I have been in the cryptocurrency scene since September 2014, so nearing 10 years soon and there has been many years where I didn't touch Bitcoin at all. I watched the price increase to $1000, $10,000, $25,000 and $50,000 thinking every time that I couldn't afford to buy a whole Bitcoin.
Many people had this problem at some point in their Bitcoin investment process and some followed your path while others were able to break that procrastination and invested in Bitcoin. Even till date there are still people that are saying that Bitcoin have gone too high therefore not too safe or profitable to invest in again, instead they go for other low cap coins and often lose their money looking for fast and big profits. Maybe it is a natural greed in people that they learn to put under control from terrible experiences such as can be caused by huge losses.

There was also a lot of paralysis and fear, "what if the price goes down tomorrow, and I can get more Bitcoin for the same amount?".
People who express this fear of price going down are not much that use the DCA method. They are mostly traders that monitor the market for short term investment and quick gains. The DCA method seems to make one think long term because the period it will take an investor to accumulate sizeable amount of Bitcoin, up to his target, might be long and within this period the investor is thinking more buys than sell.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 209
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 02, 2024, 06:38:40 AM

I have been in the cryptocurrency scene since September 2014, so nearing 10 years soon and there has been many years where I didn't touch Bitcoin at all.

Many regrets having been exposed to crypto early on but not doing anything about it. Especially when you compare the price now to back then when it was a lot cheaper to buy and own 1 bitcoin.

This is why I prefer crypto as an investment compared to others. It is much accessible and you can buy in small amounts.

I just hope that you decided to do the DCA method not long after 2014.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
April 02, 2024, 06:32:16 AM
Investing in DCA method always increases the willingness to invest and helps in raising funds. You start collecting bitcoins regularly with DCA method and surely you will get success. But whenever you are deprived of the regular DCA procedure, and may lose your hold. So you can safely add long term investment in DC method surely you can accumulate more bitcoins.
You invest in Bitcoin or altcoins, not invest in DCA method.

DCA is a method for you and other investors to make investment plan and how to spend capital for investment to reduce risk and maximize profit. DCA is a helpful method for all investors because it brings many good things.

No need to find top or bottom of market. Don't have to spend too much time to watch the market, price chart. An investor with DCA method can simply work to get money, use part of it as investment capital, then DCA for Bitcoin accumulation with time.

To exit, take profit, see this.

[ANN] JJG Sustainable Bitcoin Withdrawal Strategy
https://bitcoindata.science/withdrawal-strategy
Activity: 378
Merit: 113
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 02, 2024, 04:36:04 AM
I have come to understand and appreciate the saying that "little drops of water make a mighty ocean", the DCA method of buying Bitcoin brought me to that understanding. I have had this poor mindset of making huge profits from trading thereafter, invest part of it into Bitcoin holding as a hedge to my trading. This mindset have held me moving round the same cycle of profits and losses for over two years with no progress despite the pains and psychological torture that comes with losing streak in trading. Little did I know that buying little by little would have made me achieve even bigger results than I was targeting through trading. It was when I started being active in this forum I noticed that there is something called Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) that enable someone buy Bitcoin even with small amount of money on a regular basis. I embraced it and it has changed my life!

Investing in DCA method always increases the willingness to invest and helps in raising funds. You start collecting bitcoins regularly with DCA method and surely you will get success. But whenever you are deprived of the regular DCA procedure, and may lose your hold. So you can safely add long term investment in DC method surely you can accumulate more bitcoins.
Activity: 28
Merit: 5
April 01, 2024, 09:39:52 PM
I agree with you and I can't stress the importance of employing techniques like Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) to build your investment in bitcoin. I have been in the cryptocurrency scene since September 2014, so nearing 10 years soon and there has been many years where I didn't touch Bitcoin at all. I watched the price increase to $1000, $10,000, $25,000 and $50,000 thinking every time that I couldn't afford to buy a whole Bitcoin.

There was also a lot of paralysis and fear, "what if the price goes down tomorrow, and I can get more Bitcoin for the same amount?".

Now I don't need to worry about that. By DCA'ing every day, the changes in price of Bitcoin is simply a short term weather pattern in a season, the days go on, and I feel no anxiety that I am going to miss out on an opportunity, I simply buy every single day. I don't even check the price, and I use automation on exchanges to do this for me, withdrawing all Bitcoin to my cold wallet on a defined frequency.
Activity: 728
Merit: 698
April 01, 2024, 07:20:13 PM
Are you discouraged with the amount you have to start your investment dca is the answer,  are you scared of volatility dca is the answer, are you scared you don't know much about Bitcoin investment dca is the answer you can learn on your way up, are you worried about the market dca is the answer, dca has so much benefits that are too numerous to mention.
Not everyone understands the journey of bitcoin so they have difficulty determining investments. Even though DCA has advantages, if someone does not have knowledge about investment, it will make it difficult for them to carry out this strategy. Bitcoin is volatile and may be one of the reasons why people are so worried about running it. But if they fully understand bitcoin then investing in bitcoin will not have a much greater risk impact.

DCA is still a good strategy to implement and maybe people can try to accumulate responsibly by paying attention to their monthly and daily income. So that when carrying out investment activities using DCA they can make purchasing adjustments to the finances they have.

DCA method is one of the most applied methods. An investor does not need to make much effort to learn and apply this method. The DCA method allows making a continuous and regular investment with a simple method.

Many factors such as volatility and negative news in the market can push investors away from the market. An investor who decides to apply the DCA method may ignore these negative factors in the market.
Activity: 882
Merit: 540
March 31, 2024, 12:23:19 PM
If you invest by adopting DCA strategy in volatile market, you can keep pace with the volatile market, and if you invest the rest of the money by calculating income and daily expenses, it works like savings. and the biggest advantage of DCA is that it minimizes the risk and reduces the investor's risk a lot. Professional investors understand market movements so they can invest large amounts in one go and profit, but DCA is definitely an important method for new investors.

If you have a huge money for investment and you can hodl for long duration then go for it. Most investors don't have huge money for lump sum investment and for such people DCA is best option to go with. I think DCA is not only for new investors but  for experienced investors its also good option. The risk is there but with DCA it's distributed over a longer duration. DCA is tested and trusted method of accumulating Bitcoins, so one can go for it without any doubts.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 714
March 31, 2024, 10:56:26 AM
Are you discouraged with the amount you have to start your investment dca is the answer,  are you scared of volatility dca is the answer, are you scared you don't know much about Bitcoin investment dca is the answer you can learn on your way up, are you worried about the market dca is the answer, dca has so much benefits that are too numerous to mention.
Not everyone understands the journey of bitcoin so they have difficulty determining investments. Even though DCA has advantages, if someone does not have knowledge about investment, it will make it difficult for them to carry out this strategy. Bitcoin is volatile and may be one of the reasons why people are so worried about running it. But if they fully understand bitcoin then investing in bitcoin will not have a much greater risk impact.

DCA is still a good strategy to implement and maybe people can try to accumulate responsibly by paying attention to their monthly and daily income. So that when carrying out investment activities using DCA they can make purchasing adjustments to the finances they have.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 158
March 30, 2024, 07:31:35 PM
Before now, I have underrated the DCA method just because I thought it was only meant for bitcoin. It was when I read a documentary about DCA as the most effective and stressed free way of being wealthy. I have had little/no respect for DCA but it is the most peaceable way to invest in bitcoin.

DCA is not necessary only for low income earners. It is also used by the wealthy and other experienced traders or investors when the market is not so certain.
You are right that anyone rich or poor investing a portion of his income every week or month in DCA can be the best decision. It can be a universal system that is evident in its management. Regularly depositing any amount based on your income can give you a lot of hope in the long run. If you for some reason went to zero bitcoins for one month but later you were able to replenish as much as you could. In this you can take your portfolio far stress free.
If you invest by adopting DCA strategy in volatile market, you can keep pace with the volatile market, and if you invest the rest of the money by calculating income and daily expenses, it works like savings. and the biggest advantage of DCA is that it minimizes the risk and reduces the investor's risk a lot. Professional investors understand market movements so they can invest large amounts in one go and profit, but DCA is definitely an important method for new investors.

And much of all? You don't need to stress out yourself when to time the market best! Because if your are new to this game, there's a lot of methodology to know when is the best time to buy, and what level is it and at the end after all of those analysis you can still be wrong. So why bother stressing out yourself from timing the market when you can DCA. That is a gift! JUst DCA consistently and the fruits of your labor will show years from now when your expected value of a project becomes real.
Activity: 140
Merit: 92
March 30, 2024, 03:38:54 PM
I have come to understand and appreciate the saying that "little drops of water make a mighty ocean", the DCA method of buying Bitcoin brought me to that understanding. I have had this poor mindset of making huge profits from trading thereafter, invest part of it into Bitcoin holding as a hedge to my trading. This mindset have held me moving round the same cycle of profits and losses for over two years with no progress despite the pains and psychological torture that comes with losing streak in trading. Little did I know that buying little by little would have made me achieve even bigger results than I was targeting through trading. It was when I started being active in this forum I noticed that there is something called Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) that enable someone buy Bitcoin even with small amount of money on a regular basis. I embraced it and it has changed my life!

Today I am a proud Bitcoin investor, with a portfolio that I can call an achievement even though it may not be something too big for some people. I am not making this post because of Bitcoin is rising in price, my focus is on the quantity of Bitcoin and not necessarily the dollar value. Besides, the DCA method has molded me to appreciate bear markets because that is the opportunity to collect more Bitcoin at lower prices.

I am sure there are many people with similar thing to say about the DCA method because I have engaged in many discussions where a good number of forum users confirmed to be using the DCA method, so I expect they will also be proud of what they have achieved through it.

To those who really helped in sharing their wealth of knowledge free of charge in this forum like @JayJuanGee, @Wind_FURY, @tranthidung and many others, you are all highly appreciated.

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
March 30, 2024, 03:36:16 PM
Before now, I have underrated the DCA method just because I thought it was only meant for bitcoin. It was when I read a documentary about DCA as the most effective and stressed free way of being wealthy. I have had little/no respect for DCA but it is the most peaceable way to invest in bitcoin.

DCA is not necessary only for low income earners. It is also used by the wealthy and other experienced traders or investors when the market is not so certain.
You are right that anyone rich or poor investing a portion of his income every week or month in DCA can be the best decision. It can be a universal system that is evident in its management. Regularly depositing any amount based on your income can give you a lot of hope in the long run. If you for some reason went to zero bitcoins for one month but later you were able to replenish as much as you could. In this you can take your portfolio far stress free.
The reason why DCA should not be underrated. It could make you rich in the process as long as you do it more consistently and patiently. Regardless of the condition of the market, never stop from doing DCA but always stick on the basic as always, invest only at an amount you can afford to lose. That way, bitcoin or altcoins, you are not just lessening the risk from losses, you are also increasing the chances to gain massive profits in the future and become eventually rich while focusing on DCA.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 419
Cashback 15%
March 30, 2024, 02:46:06 PM
I started doing Dollar Cost Averaging after I sold my Bitcoin in the last bull run, I did really make a good amount of profit in the past Bullrun, plus invested on some altcoins that actually give a fair profit with a little investments, starting over again was not really a great feeling after selling all of my Bitcoin holdings, the market price drop and enter the bear market dropping it to I think around 15k$ as the lowest as far as I could remember.

Seems difficult at the start, but I really think that it is a good idea to bough Bitcoin based on my experience of investing in the Bitcoin cycle, when the market is so low it is actually a huge opportunity, so even though there was no huge buy I started as low as 10$ I think most of the time since my salary wasn't really that great at the time, I was just starting my first job I think and its only minimum salary, but I did have the opportunity to join the signature campaign here in the forum since it was helping me a lot in gaining knowledge, plus I'm earning as well, looking at the market price, all of my salary on signature campaigns are going straight to my wallet and I didn't do anything on it just invested in weekly, even though there are times that there were no campaigns that are paying me, I still continue my DCA using my salary as well.

So far it doesn't disappoint it was actually easier to HODL since you only putting a small amount of money, and overtime I could easily see my wallet and portfolio grow to thousands of dollars right now, as long as I'm going to sell at the top it is going to be a guaranteed profit for me, not to mention it was way easier to hold this because I just set my lower salary then use it to buy Bitcoin, so that I still have enough money in able to survive the month. No question ask it is the best strategy that you could make since you cant actually predict the market, using DCA you could lower that risk since your buying whatever the price is.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 847
March 30, 2024, 02:33:05 PM

Today I am a proud Bitcoin investor, with a portfolio that I can call an achievement even though it may not be something too big for some people. I am not making this post because of Bitcoin is rising in price, my focus is on the quantity of Bitcoin and not necessarily the dollar value. Besides, the DCA method has molded me to appreciate bear markets because that is the opportunity to collect more Bitcoin at lower prices.

I am sure there are many people with similar thing to say about the DCA method because I have engaged in many discussions where a good number of forum users confirmed to be using the DCA method, so I expect they will also be proud of what they have achieved through it.

To those who really helped in sharing their wealth of knowledge free of charge in this forum like @JayJuanGee, @Wind_FURY, @tranthidung and many others, you are all highly appreciated.

I'm very happy to see this success story and I have to completely agree with your approach. The Dollar Cost Averaging method is a better way for financial success than trading because first of all it's not for beginners and secondly it's so stressful that it slowly kills your soul.
By the way, my personal approach still remains to trade only when there is the best moment for it and also my trading secret is to work on increasing value in Bitcoins, not in fiat. When you move on this approach, you will significantly see the difference. I always try to catch the best moments. This is risky, requires huge patience and self-control but it works but to my mind DCA is one of the best approach for many beginners. I wish you more success.
Activity: 476
Merit: 16
March 30, 2024, 02:25:31 PM
     The DCA method is actually an instrument for us to do something that others think we can't do, but eventually, when it increases, it turns out to have a high value in the market.

DCA is also not only applicable to Bitcoin because there are also many other top cryptos on the market that can also give us big profits in the future, as long as we don't give up but instead be strong and patient.
Activity: 67
Merit: 5
Chainjoes.com
March 30, 2024, 01:54:09 PM
From my childhood I have learned from my family that keep studying little by little and you will finish all your studies before the exam.  This is the same thing I said with @JayJuanGee's Buy the DIP, and HODL! I also learned from Thered. Although there is no specific time in life like our daily exam that your success will come at that exact time. Even this small investment can be considered to be by your side at that special moment of your life, and we humans live with this hope. By doing DCA many small investors today are on the golden pinnacle of success. I will also be depositing bitcoin via DCA very soon.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 390
March 30, 2024, 01:15:03 PM

Activity: 308
Merit: 197
March 30, 2024, 12:37:37 PM
Well since you are using dca and you are not putting
huge money in one big purchase, you can observe the market
and see whether you are about to have some losses
in which in some cases you should sell your coins already

but if it is bitcoin we are talking about i think that is a question
you shouldn’t have to ask
  As a still volatile asset, cryptocurrencies are prone to sharp rises and declines over time which therefore makes DCA the best strategy to use when investing. Simply put, Dollar Cost Averaging is the splitting of your monetary investment periodically instead of a large buy-in. These periodic purchases are not affected by the price of the crypto asset and it helps investors stay free of the craze of trying to predict the market and enables them to maximize their potential returns and reduce the risk of losing their entire capital if there is a sharp drop in the crypto asset. helps reduce the impact of crypto asset volatility and serves as a hedge against price fluctuations. It also allows the investor to buy the asset at cheaper prices since they will have capital to re-enter the market when the price drops.
  A successful application of DCA depends on knowledge and understanding of the market. If used correctly, this strategy can reduce the risks of losses while increasing profit potential along the way. It’s worth remembering that the successful application of DCA depends on numerous factors. For this reason, it’s best to make your own calculations based on your investing goals before getting started. It is the best approach for individuals who are not professional investors. It can save an investor a lot of effort trying to time the market in order to get the best prices. It is a tool for investing slowly and consistently and it aims to protect against the human tendency of wanting to gain all at once.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 555
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
March 30, 2024, 09:13:47 AM
People who keep on missing bitcoin opportunities are probably not aware about DCA. Or they really are aware but the fear to take the risk is high because they have no substantial amount of knowledge in the first place. I have been fearing bitcoin investment way back then and so I end up procrastinating most often, but I realized I won’t achieve something if I keep doing the same thing and keep the same attitude.

Thankful to have learned about DCA. That idea lessen my fear and started taking small steps in bitcoin investment. Now, from a humble beginning, I can say that I am hodling a good amount of bitcoin already. DCA is the key, and of course having a good mindset and a positive attitude towards bitcoin is also a great factor for success.

The real advantage of the DCA is that you will never miss out on a train if it leaves the station. The reason is that you will buy the bitcoin at the current price with some percentage of your portfolio. Now if the price pumps, you always have the bitcoin with you and you will never regret that you did not buy in the first place.
In the opposite scenario, if the bitcoin price dumps, it will give you an opportunity to buy more at a cheaper price and buy more if it dumps more. This way you will have a good cheaper average bitcoin buying price. For sure, you need to hold these bitcoin accumulations till the time you know that bitcoin is near the peak of the bull cycle and you may sell in parts too during that time period.

The DCA can be done not only with Bitcoin but with any cryptocurrencies however keep in mind that the project should be a good one in which you do the DCA other you will keep holding the bag of that coin if it's a scam coin and may never pump again.
DCA is your failsafe in bull and bear markets. This genius keeps you in the game, no FOMO. Price rises, great. Price drops? Nice, more Bitcoin on sale. Everybody wins.

I understand that crypto's huge swings are alarming. DCA fixes that. Kind of like a subtle reminder to be patient. Be confident and sell high when the moment is right.

Research and invest in worthwhile projects. Bitcoin is very exceptional. A legend. Revolution. Instead of purchasing hype, DCA investors make long-term investments. That distinguishes smart money.
Activity: 56
Merit: 3
March 30, 2024, 07:49:44 AM

Activity: 2772
Merit: 357
March 30, 2024, 06:40:05 AM
Congratulations, op! Patience is truly a virtue and it is something we need to have the most when it comes with DCA method. Some people might get frustrated and would want to buy huge amounts of bitcoin already and then end up with nothing. A few satoshis is better than nothing. Of course we  should always aim for more but sometimes we have to accept what we are capable of right now and just take the long road.

May you serve as an inspiration to others!

Using DCA is actually useful, and I don't see anything wrong with it. But what if the crypto you're doing with DCA is the wrong coin that can't really give you earnings? Can it be called paringuseful?

I just thought of this question. Although I know that many communities in the crypto space are actually using it, until now, which is in the bull run, it is still used by most of the crypto communities in this field industry.

Well since you are using dca and you are not putting
huge money in one big purchase, you can observe the market
and see whether you are about to have some losses
in which in some cases you should sell your coins already

but if it is bitcoin we are talking about i think that is a question
you shouldn’t have to ask
Pages:
Jump to: