Pages:
Author

Topic: DDoS'er admits to being paid to attack classic nodes... - page 3. (Read 2272 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
Interesting Post  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I'm not even surprised by this. It was just about time, now the next step is for him to say that it was Blockstream or Core. People are so easy to manipulate these days.

I recently converted my node to a classic node
You've joined the dark side.

whoever is doing it! Cheesy
The people making baseless accusations should take a look in the mirror. The chances of a supporter from either side to be behind the DDoS are equal.

bitcoin politics being lot more intresting this days similar to country politics
They're stalling progress and wasting our time.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
bitcoin politics being lot more intresting this days similar to country politics. Can't get the point to pay ddos'er to down classic nodes. Roll Eyes
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Yup. My response is to run more nodes.

I hope it's worth your money, whoever is doing it! Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
I recently converted my node to a classic node and I have received a total of 4 alerts from my hosting provider advising me that I was getting DDOS'ed and that they are taking measures to prevent the attacks from reaching my VPS. This is while my classic node was still synching and was at roughly block 250k.

edit: 5 alerts and am at Huh block while (most likely still) syncing.
Activity: 682
Merit: 269
In b4 it's a false flag being run by classic supporters.

that's one likely explaination
legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000
Just another day in the life.

https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin_Classic/comments/47zglz/ddos_started_again_have_a_nice_day_guys/

In his own words:

"Just paid, I'm professional ddoser lol. Don't know why someone want to bring it down. Maybe increasing block size will decrease miners profit? I'm using bitcoin a lot but don't care about it's politics too much, XT had too fast block size grow rate which looks unrealistic to me. I think BIP100 is okay since it allows voting and also bitcoin unlimited also seems like good idea and looks simpler for me. If classic will fork to 2mb blocksize and it would be not enough then what? Next hard fork? I think protocol should support miner voting by design."

In b4 it's a false flag being run by classic supporters.

Also I'd love to know how much he's getting paid. Botnets can't be cheap.
Pages:
Jump to: