Pages:
Author

Topic: DECENTRALIZED OR CENTRALIZED? - page 12. (Read 3883 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 273
July 17, 2018, 05:40:18 PM
Although there is tremendous potential in e-commerce, the real potential is held within the blockchain itself. This technology is beneficial to all business, including large corporations in which it is already being utilized.
For example, NASDAQ unveiled it's use of blockchain technology when they launched its "Nasdaq Linq blockchain ledger technology", which is used to successfully complete and record private securities transactions for Chain.com—the inaugural Nasdaq Linq client.

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/how-stock-exchanges-are-experimenting-with-blockchain-technology-cm801802

It is the ability of the blockchain technology to create a ledger on all bitcoin-using platforms that shines light on the many possibilities that a decentralized marketplace has for businesses and e-commerce.
When it comes to funds, it is the goal of every business to seek security, as well as efficiency, two aspects that are more evident in a decentralized marketplace rather than one that is centralized.
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
July 17, 2018, 04:41:16 PM

Many individuals agree and have the same opinion about bitcoin as decentralized digital asset, a system without a central bank or single administrator is more favourable.
   But somehow, numerous citizens want also the bitcoin to be centralized, because others believes it can remove barricades and walls to allow more easily reached and democratized financial and economic infrastructure.
   For you what is your own perspective regarding this matter?

It is important for us to preserve the decentralized nature precisely in bitcoin as the first and the main crypto-alaite. Let the states create their centralized coins, let them walk parallel to each other. It will be a good healthy competition. However, bitcoin should remain decentralized.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
July 17, 2018, 03:56:47 PM
It is decentralized in nature and if anyone wants it to be centralized, it won't really happen. They can't remove or freeze anything inside the blockchain.
Activity: 539
Merit: 100
July 17, 2018, 03:01:30 PM
bitcoin is decentralized yet, but if 51% of all bitcoins fall into one hand, it will automatically become centralized.

Bitcoin is getting near to a 51% control in network hashrate by a single mining entity called Bitmain. This is very bad, because if Bitmain's monopoly over ASIC hardware expands, then it would have complete control over the Bitcoin network. At any moment, China could force Bitmain to shut down all its mining operations, severely affecting Bitcoin's security and long-term sustainability. On the other hand, China could force Bitmain to perform a 51% attack on the Bitcoin network to disrupt it and turn it into a useless chain.

As such, any possibility could exist for Bitcoin to become centralized because of its current PoW algorithm. If Bitcoin were like other decentralized coins in the market today, which have implemented ASIC-resistant algorithms, then it wouldn't have the risk of a 51% attack since the hashrate would be spread out by people around the world with access to CPUs or GPUs. However, the way Bitcoin is leading to, is towards centralization unfortunately, as big mining pools (mainly operated by Bitmain) have the most dominance on the Bitcoin network.

Therefore, what once started as a decentralized cryptocurrency, could turn out to become centralized in the future if the developers and the community don't do something about it. This is like the internet where it once started as a decentralized system, but now it's highly centralized controlled by big corporations like Google, Microsoft, and Facebook. Just my thoughts Grin

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I agree with you. This is very bad, I hope this does not happen
Activity: 177
July 14, 2018, 02:12:45 AM
if only so centralized maybe Bitcoin will lose its indigo because Bitcoin's basic nature does not want to be set by others or set by Bank and Financial Institution.

Bitcoin has also been centralized when entering the Exchange to trade with Altcoins, so the Exchange was in lieu of a conventional Bank.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
July 13, 2018, 05:29:09 PM
Decentralize is better and butin the future it is not famouse more because there are some faliures of decentralizing such as it may be hacked some times. But this peer to peer transaction method is better and easier. it should be developed in the future.
Activity: 667
Merit: 1
July 13, 2018, 05:16:20 PM
The main aim of cryptocurrency is decentralization, personally I think  bitcoin is decentralized and I think centralization is going to defeat its purpose as it will allow for enhanced manipulation and capable controlling it . so its more better and fulfilling for decentralization is the future of peer to peer transaction.
Activity: 132
Merit: 12
July 13, 2018, 04:52:44 PM
Perhaps, indeed, Bitcoin's centralization would break some barriers that are bothering at the moment, but it seems to me that the decentralized form of Bitcoin is much better. Decentralization ensures that everyone is equal to the blockchain and that no fraud or theft is usually possible. Furthermore, Bitcoin's decentralization defends us against a 51% attack that would violate all of the mechanics and deprive a lot of people around the world.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 13, 2018, 03:08:21 PM
bitcoin is decentralized yet, but if 51% of all bitcoins fall into one hand, it will automatically become centralized.

Bitcoin is getting near to a 51% control in network hashrate by a single mining entity called Bitmain. This is very bad, because if Bitmain's monopoly over ASIC hardware expands, then it would have complete control over the Bitcoin network. At any moment, China could force Bitmain to shut down all its mining operations, severely affecting Bitcoin's security and long-term sustainability. On the other hand, China could force Bitmain to perform a 51% attack on the Bitcoin network to disrupt it and turn it into a useless chain.

As such, any possibility could exist for Bitcoin to become centralized because of its current PoW algorithm. If Bitcoin were like other decentralized coins in the market today, which have implemented ASIC-resistant algorithms, then it wouldn't have the risk of a 51% attack since the hashrate would be spread out by people around the world with access to CPUs or GPUs. However, the way Bitcoin is leading to, is towards centralization unfortunately, as big mining pools (mainly operated by Bitmain) have the most dominance on the Bitcoin network.

Therefore, what once started as a decentralized cryptocurrency, could turn out to become centralized in the future if the developers and the community don't do something about it. This is like the internet where it once started as a decentralized system, but now it's highly centralized controlled by big corporations like Google, Microsoft, and Facebook. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 387
July 12, 2018, 07:31:47 PM
Yes it is much better to be decentralized and leave it thatvway,  by that,  the other parties may not be able to control it.

Maybe the payment system,  it should be centralized to make it more useful.
Activity: 506
Merit: 101
1 & 0 😏
July 12, 2018, 07:07:33 PM

Many individuals agree and have the same opinion about bitcoin as decentralized digital asset, a system without a central bank or single administrator is more favourable.
   But somehow, numerous citizens want also the bitcoin to be centralized, because others believes it can remove barricades and walls to allow more easily reached and democratized financial and economic infrastructure.

The one of the basic reason of Blockchain system is there is not need middle man, this is the decentralized system. It gives people their freedom in digital money. I don't understand why developers gave millions of dollars to the centralized exchanges.
Activity: 132
July 12, 2018, 06:45:07 PM

I don't want bitcoin to be controlled by institutions or individuals because it would defeat the purpose on why bitcoin is being created. We only want exchanges to be regulated to control scams and fraud brought about by those exchanges.
Activity: 250
Merit: 105
July 12, 2018, 06:31:16 PM
What has made Bitcoin gain so much popularity is the fact that it is decentralized. This is what makes it unique. If you take away that uniqueness, Bitcoin may well be dead and dumped. I want it to remain decentralized so that every holder will continue to be in full control of his/her resources.
Yes I chose it to be decentralized than centralized. Even centralized has a possiblity to have regulation that will make it more organized I was afraid that the government will not manage it or become greed unlike when it was decentralized no one can control it even the rich people in the world.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
July 12, 2018, 06:27:00 PM
Bitcoin is not centralized unless that you are using some websites in where they need your data in order to be able to move your coins, in that case, bitcoin would be centralized. But no, the ideal thing of bitcoin was to be fully decentralized.
Activity: 196
July 12, 2018, 06:21:26 PM
What has made Bitcoin gain so much popularity is the fact that it is decentralized. This is what makes it unique. If you take away that uniqueness, Bitcoin may well be dead and dumped. I want it to remain decentralized so that every holder will continue to be in full control of his/her resources.
Activity: 224
July 12, 2018, 06:12:35 PM

Bitcoin is Decentralized, No single institution controls the bitcoin network.It is maintained by a group of volunteer coders, and run by an open network of dedicated computers spread around the world. This also attract individuals and groups that uncomfortable that are uncomfortable with the control that banks or government institutions have over their money
Activity: 336
July 12, 2018, 04:10:02 PM
We like bitcoin in light of the fact that it is a decentralized unrest. In my view, I think the decentralized framework is far superior to Centralized. Incorporated means it is controlled by a group or somebody can control that by their need. Yet, in decentralized, anybody can carry out their activity without authorization. I think, in this crypto, the vast majority of the general population love the decentralized framework. On the off chance that I look at in the crypto trade amongst concentrated and decentrali9ed trade at that point, numerous individuals love a unified trade for their security and decentralized has a dread of programmers.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
July 12, 2018, 02:30:28 PM
   I believe that it is necessary to centralize bitcoins, so that through it do not washed money and do not buy prohibited substances or items. If it is centralized, then a lot of people will believe in it and really start to break the walls of distrust.
Depending on where you live, centralized currency can not solve all the problems involving money laundering and other criminal acts. Fiat currency (cash) is good for those kind of things too. At the end people will always find a way to do their business.
Also large part of community that supports bitcoin, supports it because its decentralized. If you take away that, many would leave and probably everything would go to waste.
Activity: 98
July 12, 2018, 01:26:07 AM
I prefer to be Decentralized. Why? Because it is broad, because of the barriers of communication and oversea connection we probably having a hard time to sight what's happening on the world, good thing this decentralized projects enters the market that allows to reach others by the use of technology.
Activity: 546
Merit: 102
July 11, 2018, 04:59:56 PM
i prefer decentralized
because i do not want people to know who i am and how much money i have
i want to remain anonymous
Pages:
Jump to: