Pages:
Author

Topic: DEEP ONION SCAM!!!! - page 4. (Read 2365 times)

Activity: 120
Merit: 10
November 06, 2017, 09:24:20 AM
I've just signed up at the official website of the onion, very much like the onion design, and now it's so anonymous, I think the onion will have a good future.

Perfect example relevant to my comment above. 3 posts, all garbage.

yeah signing up for the sake of spamming BCT with DO trash.
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
November 06, 2017, 04:29:08 AM
I've just signed up at the official website of the onion, very much like the onion design, and now it's so anonymous, I think the onion will have a good future.

Perfect example relevant to my comment above. 3 posts, all garbage.
Activity: 113
Merit: 0
November 06, 2017, 02:35:50 AM
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
November 06, 2017, 02:11:50 AM
sometimes airdrop are a good things  Wink

but this airdrop rules are weird ..

airdrop are free and dont required more rules or task bu deep onion airdrop is not really an airdrop because they have so many strict rules and users are required to post a certain amount of qouta per week in order to recieve a  stake. though i think its not really a scam because they are still paying thier participants if they are qualified and reach the minimum post per week. yet some exchanges that supports this coin are closing down like nova echange.
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
November 06, 2017, 02:06:53 AM
DeepOnion is slowing down the process of humanity from accounts inflating Bitcointalk with useless content.
Activity: 92
November 06, 2017, 01:47:39 AM
sometimes airdrop are a good things  Wink

yeah why they have some idiot rule for airdrop. Just an airdrop and no one get scam.
November 05, 2017, 11:53:23 PM
The team isn't currently visible on the website https://deeponion.org/

It's a red flag to me if I can't research the team.

Apparently the whitepaper hasn't been created yet because the devs don't have the time!!??? Oh yeah but they have time to design silly onion posters, avatars etc.

Wtf, does that even sound legit? Why would you miss out on potential gains from this.

Coz they are focused on pumping and dumping the coins every week. And the entire forum they have is a big joke. Too many blindfolded followers hoping to get a few bucks from their drops. What they don't realize is that they are being played by the devs to market their coin for free.
Activity: 238
November 05, 2017, 09:27:49 PM
That is ridiculous that they are requiring people to purchase onion coins so that they can join the airdrop.  This seems like a way to pump the coin up so that the value will increase just in time for the whales to dump their coins to make a big profit.  If it smells and walks like a scam, more than likely it is a scam.
Activity: 238
November 05, 2017, 09:26:58 PM
Actually, new members don't have to buy 100 onions, from last week there is another airdrop, totally 25000 (10% of weekly airdrop quota) coins are distributed based on DeepPoint. You can earn DP if you post, get likes or replies. Just for example, last week 1 DP equals around 2500 coins. I knows guys who received more coins than they got in the "real" airdrop. Have to buy 100 coins to be qualified for the airdrop, NOPE!

I don't wanna argue if it's scam or not. Time will tell.
Activity: 41
November 05, 2017, 09:20:26 PM
Honestly, i'm hoping and HODLing. This coin could have huge potential if the team focused, reduced the rules and further decentralized it. Personally i've been using DeepOnion within a week of it's initial release and i love the coin, i'm trying my best to support the community. Anyway back to the point, i think there are some fishy elements to the rules and systems they have, moreso now they have the new drop rules. I feel like they kicked 70% of people out and left them no entry back, no chances back. Which i think is wrong for a new coin needing growth. So as a total, i suggest to newcomers. Be wary, and question everything.
Activity: 167
November 05, 2017, 08:04:39 PM
I think personally they made a mistake by asking new members to buy before they receive - now it looks like a scam.

What the new members will receive is vastly disproportionate to the old members (who will have accrued thousands and never spent one single penny and continue to receive huge amounts of tokens each airdrop based on their holdings).

So a member from the start might have 16 airdrops x 900 tokens = 14,400 tokens - rough calculation to give an example - each new airdrop will give this dude 7.5% extra = 1080 extra tokens

New member buys 100 tokens - costs $70 - able to join airdrop - receives roughly 7.5% of his holdings as tokens from airdrop = 7.5 extra tokens

To say this is disparity is an understatement in terms of token distribution.

I'll be watching it closely to see how it pans out - I hope it is successful and I am proved wrong but there's something fishy going with deeponion imho lol

Activity: 494
Merit: 104
homt.net
November 05, 2017, 06:29:41 PM
What a shame, it looked like it had real potential. Will be staying well away from it. Thanks for the info.

Yeah me too. This is my first into the crypto scene and my friend told me to start with airdrops if I don't have a capital yet and Deep Onion was supposed to be what i was joining. Unfortunately this didn't turn out as it's supposed to be.
yeah unfortunatelly about this project, in first timei look the dev premined more than 20% from total supply (CMIIW) but good luck for any participant.
Activity: 336
November 05, 2017, 05:04:22 PM

Apparently the whitepaper hasn't been created yet because the devs don't have the time!!??? Oh yeah but they have time to design silly onion posters, avatars etc.

Wtf, does that even sound legit? Why would you miss out on potential gains from this.
Activity: 14
November 05, 2017, 04:55:32 PM

Activity: 434
November 05, 2017, 04:40:55 PM
If you think that is a scam, stay away for us. Do your own way.

But if you are saying these things, seems like you are angry because you have not received you tokens.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
November 05, 2017, 04:38:06 PM
I visited their forum and got to understanding it's a scam. Almost all posters had an avatar of different onion pictures. That was really weird and looks like a joke. In addition to that, you have to download some app and install it onto your computer. Suspicious!
Activity: 1078
Merit: 340
November 05, 2017, 04:33:02 PM
sometimes airdrop are a good things  Wink

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
November 05, 2017, 04:29:34 PM
quite a few people were upset with the new airdrops rules .More then likely they do some changes for the next few ones .
Activity: 1820
Merit: 418
Telegram: @worldofcoinss
November 05, 2017, 04:22:16 PM
That's kind of hilarious in a sad way.

But then again, I'd advise staying away from all airdrops. You never know how many coins the "dev" team holds because it's easy and cheap to buy hundreds of sockpuppet accounts to redeem airdrops and manipulate the coin. And they have too much control anyway... just look at Onion.

I actually believe this is happening with this coins and others, how long this forum has been in operation?  for only newbies and jr members to be interested in these alt coins.  Im seeing alot of activity like this, Also maybe I am wrong, maybe not enough exp members not joining these air drops due to them being burnt by these kinds of events.  
November 05, 2017, 04:21:18 PM
The airdrop is fair, it has certain rules. Newbies aren't welcome, because then, everyone would be making 10 accounts and getting x10 ONIONS.
There are new rules now and they're much softer. Previously you had to keep 90% of coins in your wallet, now that rule is gone.

A "softer" approach or a dumping machine for the large bagholders? They can just dump you the coins they get from the airdrops with each new buy-ins from the participants that get the 100 onions requirement. Rinse and repeat. I don't know why you guys still don't see that.
Pages:
Jump to: