Pages:
Author

Topic: Deep Web Drug Market Disappeared Overnight, $12 Million in Bitcoin Missing - page 2. (Read 2370 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
This could be resolved with a multi sig wallet I would think. Hopefully someone with more technical knowledge of multi sig wallets can chime in on this. My rule of thumb is that if something requires you to trust someone with your currency don't do it. 
According to the article they did have a multi sig wallet (at least thats what they described) But they could have just been lying about that I guess.

Who cares more darknets dye hopefully less will pop up. Just sucks that there isn't even any honor among thieves these days with bitcoins

I would actually like to see more darkness markets. I am not a drug user and don't own any weapons but I do think it takes power away from the cartels which is never a bad thing. I would also rather people get their drugs etc. from a UPS package than out on the streets. Silk Road and other dark market users seemed to provide a safer product as well because even in a place like that reputation was important.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
So the criminals turned out to be criminals. I for one am shocked.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
Multi sig is pointless if you're not one of the parties involved. If the owners are saying they all have multi sig on the funds then you're still just trusting them that they're all not going to conspire to run off with the funds together so it's meaningless really.
Yes of course, a real multiSig address should involve 2 or more "person". If one person (like the admin of evolution) know all the private keys of the address then in that case it is very useless to have a multiSig address (just my opinion).

According to the article they did have a multi sig wallet (at least thats what they described) But they could have just been lying about that I guess.

Who cares more darknets dye hopefully less will pop up. Just sucks that there isn't even any honor among thieves these days with bitcoins

There is not any honor in a Darkweb marketplace, that is selling illega stuff (this is obvious) or am I wrong?
JJB
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
This could be resolved with a multi sig wallet I would think. Hopefully someone with more technical knowledge of multi sig wallets can chime in on this. My rule of thumb is that if something requires you to trust someone with your currency don't do it. 

And/or decentralized exchanges.

Multi sig is pointless if you're not one of the parties involved. If the owners are saying they all have multi sig on the funds then you're still just trusting them that they're all not going to conspire to run off with the funds together so it's meaningless really.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Run a Full Node-Just Do It!

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
This is a dark side of the Bitcoin economy  No one would ever handing over their your btc to anonymous strangers.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
Wow some people have short memories, using a centralized "escrow" system, still, will people not learn.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
clear and nothing more.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
The big issue has always been "how do you move that much BTC without raising a red flag?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/03/18/evolution-market-a-scam-says-site-pr/

You mix the coins a few times and it's done...
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
because is an affair of (trust) and drug.
big balls win ...
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
The big issue has always been "how do you move that much BTC without raising a red flag?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/03/18/evolution-market-a-scam-says-site-pr/
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Yet another exit scam, the list of major heists is getting bigger and bigger and this isn't going to stop any time soon, people simply like to give money to stranger and anonymous people on the Internet.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
BTC: 1CkoxfdqCZEreLec8gcdWjKJh1VSqyn4Cz
Evolution -- The largest Deep Web drugs marketplace, disappeared suddenly overnight from the Internet. But unlike Silk Road, there is no indication that the law enforcement took down the Evolution marketplace.
The Darknet’s most popular markets for drugs and bespoke carjacking services is mysteriously offline Wednesday with rumours circulating over the Internet that its own administrators may have just scammed its huge user base and stole $12 Millions in Bitcoin.
The Evolution black marketplace opened in January 2014, and gained popularity after the shutdown of Silk ​Road and arrest of its unassuming founder, Ross U​lbricht, with a promise of less fraud.
Like Silk Road, Evolution also dealt in drugs, as well as illegal weapons, counterfeit goods, stolen credit cards and guides to committing fraud.
Evolution was only accessible through anonymity Tor network. At the time of its apparent vanish, Evolution was home to nearly 20,000 drug sales, far more than Silk Road or Silk Road 2.
In order to buy or sell goods, a user just need to registering an account for free. Once registered, users could browse thousands of user-submitted list of illicit goods -- from weapons like guns, tasers hidden in fake cigarette packets to plenty of other fraud material -- and buy products with digital currency Bitcoin.
Evolution was also slicker, faster and more professional than other dark web marketplaces. It also promises greater trust to its customers due to its centralized "escrow" system, the supposedly security feature that actually allowed the site’s admins to make off with its users’ Bitcoin.
Evolution holds the vendors’ Bitcoin funds in the site’s centralized "escrow" system before Evolution’s administrators and the two of the parties involved in a transaction signed off on transactions.

Read More: http://thehackernews.com/2015/03/evolution-drug-market-bitcoin.html
Pages:
Jump to: