Pages:
Author

Topic: DeepOnion is free or a Scam? You judge - page 2. (Read 873 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
November 23, 2017, 10:51:22 AM
I do not know about you, but I'm sure of a 90 percent coin. The developers have already shown that they know how to work as a team. the news is coming out, the guys are working and the idea is very promising. I see no reason to worry so much.

Lol

The "devs" haven't done anything other than run an airdrop on a clonecoin. There's zero reason to believe they are even capable of developing anything.
Well, I think this will be enough to recognize that the chances of success for the project in the future are very small, and it's better not to wrap yourself up and find another project and forget about everything. From the side and from what I found on the Internet, everything looks sad.
Activity: 167
November 22, 2017, 08:06:43 PM
never trust to rules changers while game is continuning.  and looks like they have a dictator and he does whatever he wants. i wouldnt trust them.

this
Activity: 252
November 22, 2017, 07:45:18 PM
never trust to rules changers while game is continuning.  and looks like they have a dictator and he does whatever he wants. i wouldnt trust them.
November 22, 2017, 07:39:10 PM
I do not know about you, but I'm sure of a 90 percent coin. The developers have already shown that they know how to work as a team. the news is coming out, the guys are working and the idea is very promising. I see no reason to worry so much.

wtf is a 90 percent coin?

you trust them so much that your signature has nothing to do with deeponion - am i right?
November 22, 2017, 07:36:28 PM
I remember when deeponion was first starting up, it seemed obvious to me that it had a pyramid/ponzi scheme structure.
Now with the reward structure how can people not see this as strange?

The first thing you need to ask yourself, in any situation not just crypto, is why would someone give you something for free?
if the answer to that is some storybook fairytale answer (because they want to give back, help out others, build communities, believe in unicorns) than you are just being ignorant and naive and deserve to be scammed.

The "don't have to buy 100" argument is a powerful deflector in that it makes it seem like you have nothing to lose.  This is a common tactic in ponzi schemes.
But look at the big picture, who is actually benefitting the most?
You can rationalize that it's ok because you technically "don't lose anything" but enabling others to benefit greatly over this is you giving away power to others to do what they want with you.

Here's an idea, stay away from these projects even if they dangle "free" in front of you.

lol m8 - some storybook fairytale answer - i lol'd
Activity: 210
November 22, 2017, 07:30:07 PM
everyone checkout the deeponion official ann thread here - just dive through the last few pages - full of people going 'yeah screw you fudders our community is so strong we can beat you guys'

- absolute rolling on floor laughing

'all the haters you will regret not buying deeponion'

I mean who the fuck goes on like that at all in any walk of life?

Scammers and sock puppets.
November 22, 2017, 07:26:35 PM
everyone checkout the deeponion official ann thread here - just dive through the last few pages - full of people going 'yeah screw you fudders our community is so strong we can beat you guys'

- absolute rolling on floor laughing

'all the haters you will regret not buying deeponion'

I mean who the fuck goes on like that at all in any walk of life?
November 22, 2017, 06:55:06 PM

Lol

The "devs" haven't done anything other than run an airdrop on a clonecoin. There's zero reason to believe they are even capable of developing anything.
November 22, 2017, 06:53:18 PM
yet again i am forced to give this one detail that everyone is either not willing to say or forget.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY 100 COINS TO BE A PART OF THE AIRDROP.
 you simply have to have a minimum of 100 coins in your airdrop wallet. you can get these a number of free ways. free giveaways,competitions, bounties, and of course the new sunday airdrop where your deeppoints from the form get converted to deeponions. the more active you are the more you get. i got 415 deeponions last sunday for my forum activity which had nothing to do with my wallet holdings. so to sum up, you do NOT have to invest ANY money into this so how the fuck can it be a ponzi?HuhHuh?

STOP LISTENING TO THE FUDDERS AND MAKE YOUR OWN MINDS UP .YOU ARE ALL MISSING OUT OF THIS BY JUST TAKING THE WORD OF A FEW . LOOK AT HOW MANY ARE FOLLOWING THIS

That's right, the "second airdrop" where you get free coins for the official forum activity looks good and allows anybody to get quite a few coins (tens to hudreds) easily just for forum activity. Nobody is forced to buy any coins to get in the airdrop.

Nobody is forced to buy anything. But the people who do buy, buy in on the hype made by all the people who are getting the coin for free.
And they are not hyping it for the coin but for their own profit. It's just a nasty little vicious circle.

That's like saying Bitcoin is unfair b/c early members were able to mine it in seconds for a fraction of a penny in electricity.  Or that NEM is unfair b/c the early signup members got their stake for free and now you have to pay half a million to acquire the same stake. 

I can tell you that I got in on the first DO airdrop and I am no insider.  I dont know dev and had no special conditions.  In fact almost everyone who met the initial requirements were instantly accepted.  Yes there was a period that was hard to get accepted into airdrop but that was b/c it was found out that people were buying and hacking BCT accounts and accuring alot of coins to dump.  After Devs found that out they went through everyting with a fine toothed comb.  Granted it became very slow to get approved, but let's be realisitic.  The team was only like 4 people with 0 ICO funds and sorting through hundreds of application as day.

There were 288 people in the airdrop for most of it, and they rejected almost everyone that applied. That completely centralized the coin, and they're doing it even more now.

November 22, 2017, 06:34:36 PM
Activity: 294
November 22, 2017, 05:54:42 PM
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
November 22, 2017, 05:36:09 PM
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
November 22, 2017, 05:35:43 PM
I remember when deeponion was first starting up, it seemed obvious to me that it had a pyramid/ponzi scheme structure.
Now with the reward structure how can people not see this as strange?

The first thing you need to ask yourself, in any situation not just crypto, is why would someone give you something for free?
if the answer to that is some storybook fairytale answer (because they want to give back, help out others, build communities, believe in unicorns) than you are just being ignorant and naive and deserve to be scammed.

The "don't have to buy 100" argument is a powerful deflector in that it makes it seem like you have nothing to lose.  This is a common tactic in ponzi schemes.
But look at the big picture, who is actually benefitting the most?
You can rationalize that it's ok because you technically "don't lose anything" but enabling others to benefit greatly over this is you giving away power to others to do what they want with you.

Here's an idea, stay away from these projects even if they dangle "free" in front of you.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 22, 2017, 05:25:00 PM
Heard a lot about this coin in recent times and I do not agree with the op in many ways. Firstly, I am not a DeepOnion airdrop participant which is why I am not advertising in any way. Couple of my friends signed up for this airdrop when it was initially launched and received a great stack of onions which they sold for a high profit and earned some good money. Its all about being in the right place at the right time. The early adopters were simply lucky, but that does not make them guilty.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
November 22, 2017, 04:14:53 PM
yet again i am forced to give this one detail that everyone is either not willing to say or forget.

you simply have to have a minimum of 100 coins in your airdrop wallet. you can get these a number of free ways. free giveaways,competitions, bounties, and of course the new sunday airdrop where your deeppoints from the form get converted to deeponions. the more active you are the more you get. i got 415 deeponions last sunday for my forum activity which had nothing to do with my wallet holdings. so to sum up, you do NOT have to invest ANY money into this so how the fuck can it be a ponzi?HuhHuh?

STOP LISTENING TO THE FUDDERS AND MAKE YOUR OWN MINDS UP .YOU ARE ALL MISSING OUT OF THIS BY JUST TAKING THE WORD OF A FEW . LOOK AT HOW MANY ARE FOLLOWING THIS

That's right, the "second airdrop" where you get free coins for the official forum activity looks good and allows anybody to get quite a few coins (tens to hudreds) easily just for forum activity. Nobody is forced to buy any coins to get in the airdrop.

Nobody is forced to buy anything. But the people who do buy, buy in on the hype made by all the people who are getting the coin for free.
And they are not hyping it for the coin but for their own profit. It's just a nasty little vicious circle.

That's like saying Bitcoin is unfair b/c early members were able to mine it in seconds for a fraction of a penny in electricity.  Or that NEM is unfair b/c the early signup members got their stake for free and now you have to pay half a million to acquire the same stake. 

I can tell you that I got in on the first DO airdrop and I am no insider.  I dont know dev and had no special conditions.  In fact almost everyone who met the initial requirements were instantly accepted.  Yes there was a period that was hard to get accepted into airdrop but that was b/c it was found out that people were buying and hacking BCT accounts and accuring alot of coins to dump.  After Devs found that out they went through everyting with a fine toothed comb.  Granted it became very slow to get approved, but let's be realisitic.  The team was only like 4 people with 0 ICO funds and sorting through hundreds of application as day.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
November 10, 2017, 02:29:28 PM

The investment (if you elect not to pay for 100 coins) is time and effort. To get 100 coins through non-investment means requires dozens of hours participating on the forums and advertising DO to the masses. This plays the role of broadcasting DeepOnion to new investors to participate in the scheme. Not to mention 7% weekly returns is only marginally above current rate of inflation (which is above 6%). So while you may receive 7 onions/100 your real earnings are less than 1.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
November 10, 2017, 12:47:39 PM
I think the new distribution model is favourable to bagholders but ou too can join them by buying more on exchange, I don't have anything against this project because it is airdropped and anyone can join
QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 10, 2017, 12:46:23 PM

legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
November 10, 2017, 12:38:05 PM

thankjyou, it's nice to see someone who is not in the main airdrop agreeing. you can get thousands of these over the course of the airdrop and not pay one penny for them
Activity: 169
November 10, 2017, 12:27:29 PM

Pages:
Jump to: