Pages:
Author

Topic: Delete - page 6. (Read 8051 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
January 16, 2017, 01:47:37 AM
 This thread will give confusion to any member in the forum. I would suggest to the community here not to entertain this questioners to the member. It is only just a copy cat to the original one, you know what I mean.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 15, 2017, 08:58:59 PM
I suspect duplication....am I right?
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
January 15, 2017, 03:36:51 PM
Nobody is going to use it....face it

Be nice dude wow.

My goodness! It's a carbon copy of bitcointalk.org
The interface is nice though, and you will need to do some rigorous advertisements for months to get it started.
Wish you the best, good work.

Because it is simple machine forum.

Merit: 521
January 13, 2017, 05:26:13 PM
That is good it looks like you have taken a serious step. I was just curious that how is your planning about the forum as there are thousands of people who start forum and leave it dead for bots to take over.

Can you tell me which Mod is you using for preventing the bot to enter the site. with my forum the bigger problem is the entrance of bots. 
I am using cloudflare for primary protection. And there are some mods such as CleanTalk, anti-spam, Login/Register captcha etc... But a question, how do you detect that "this is bot" and "this is human"?!! Roll Eyes

It is not difficult to detect any bot in any forum. the bot is those users who only post without knowing the language of the forum and they do not consider that which country the forum belong. The clear thing is that a bot is that which start positing continuously one thing again and again without any rule and without knowing about the traffic of the forum.
Activity: 1078
January 13, 2017, 10:53:33 AM
After looking at the signature campaign thread a suggestion came to my mind. The suggestion is that as your forum is a new forum and do not have much users on the forum so none of the person will start a signature campaign for on your forum and the activity will remain lower so if you start a self sponsored signature campaign on the forum then some of the members will come and will start discussion on the forum. That will be a good start for you.
wow...!!! really great idea man!!! thanks a lot... I will keep your idea in my mind... Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
|| Web developer ||
January 12, 2017, 07:22:18 PM
Forum built on Simple Machines as I think, Good start but you should at least display SMF logo or "Powered by SMF" as our bitcointalk forum
do  Roll Eyes. Anyway I think you should work on design more, and as special content that users will found exceptionally in your Forum

Good Luck
Activity: 770
January 12, 2017, 05:04:37 PM
bitcointalk is so well established that i dont think any new forum has any chances to thrive no matter how good it is. people are so used to come here and everyone is here already.
It only need the support and some investment from the owner of the site/forum to give it the success. You are right that bitcointalk is the most famous for the crypto discussion it is because of their early struggle for bitcoin and its forum.
Activity: 13
January 08, 2017, 08:42:14 PM
bitcointalk is so well established that i dont think any new forum has any chances to thrive no matter how good it is. people are so used to come here and everyone is here already.
Activity: 798
January 08, 2017, 05:47:55 PM
After looking at the signature campaign thread a suggestion came to my mind. The suggestion is that as your forum is a new forum and do not have much users on the forum so none of the person will start a signature campaign for on your forum and the activity will remain lower so if you start a self sponsored signature campaign on the forum then some of the members will come and will start discussion on the forum. That will be a good start for you.
January 08, 2017, 07:42:46 AM
Its actually not that bad for a forum. Just needs more users and some marketing and it could really take off.
yeah... you are right...
Activity: 34
January 08, 2017, 02:32:41 AM
Its actually not that bad for a forum. Just needs more users and some marketing and it could really take off.
January 07, 2017, 04:46:27 PM
That is good it looks like you have taken a serious step. I was just curious that how is your planning about the forum as there are thousands of people who start forum and leave it dead for bots to take over.

Can you tell me which Mod is you using for preventing the bot to enter the site. with my forum the bigger problem is the entrance of bots. 
I am using cloudflare for primary protection. And there are some mods such as CleanTalk, anti-spam, Login/Register captcha etc... But a question, how do you detect that "this is bot" and "this is human"?!! Roll Eyes

Looks good, because it could be an alternative forum besides bitcointalk.
Which is important to manage it well. Hopefully it can continue to perform and can last forever.
Thank you so much for your words. And, this site will be continued for forever. I will never let it to expire or lose. Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 615
January 07, 2017, 11:11:38 AM
Looks good, because it could be an alternative forum besides bitcointalk.
Which is important to manage it well. Hopefully it can continue to perform and can last forever.
January 07, 2017, 10:55:07 AM
@FLoving and @Colt22
It's true that I don't have the plugin for the activity system like bitcointalk... but, my forum is not good place for spammers... For spamming, there are 0 tolerance... So, no one can increase their ranking by spamming... They will loose his account, all topics and posts made by them if they do spam... Smiley
will you make this strictness from the start? If you will make it from the start then you know it will be much hard for you to get the traffic to your forum. In the start you will have to be a polite.
I have already started this strictness from the begging. I have also taken action for 3/4 users. If people do spamming continuously and I do nothing, then who will come to my forum to see some spamming posts? And I am not worried about traffic. I don't want any spammers traffic.

@FLoving and @Colt22
It's true that I don't have the plugin for the activity system like bitcointalk... but, my forum is not good place for spammers... For spamming, there are 0 tolerance... So, no one can increase their ranking by spamming... They will loose his account, all topics and posts made by them if they do spam... Smiley
will you make this strictness from the start? If you will make it from the start then you know it will be much hard for you to get the traffic to your forum. In the start you will have to be a polite.

I think it is good and important to set good foundation of rules in the early stage, so when the forum grow bigger, it will be easier to maintain, if the moderator let it loose, then when the forum grow bigger, it is going to consume a lot of time to find the spammer
Hmm, you're right.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

January 06, 2017, 11:40:46 PM
@FLoving and @Colt22
I have already started this strictness from the begging. I have also taken action for 3/4 users. If people do spamming continuously and I do nothing, then who will come to my forum to see some spamming posts? And I am not worried about traffic. I don't want any spammers traffic.

@FLoving and @Colt22

I think it is good and important to set good foundation of rules in the early stage, so when the forum grow bigger, it will be easier to maintain, if the moderator let it loose, then when the forum grow bigger, it is going to consume a lot of time to find the spammer
Hmm, you're right.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
January 06, 2017, 08:23:54 PM
@FLoving and @Colt22

January 06, 2017, 07:32:31 PM
@FLoving and @Colt22
January 06, 2017, 03:40:36 AM
@HelpTheDogs
Okay, I will be very happy if you check... And the interface is same because most plugins don't support other themes... Sad
Activity: 34
January 06, 2017, 03:00:15 AM
January 06, 2017, 02:58:52 AM
@FLoving and @Colt22
Hello op nice to hear about the new bitcoin forum, I have one question: new user and ranked user have the same privilege'? Like there? Use an avatar or signature? Thanks '

Hi, thank you.
There are almost same privileges for new and ranked users, I don't want to make restrictions like bitcointalk. Everyone can use avatar and signature with many BBCodes.
Pages:
Jump to: