Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 3. (Read 7505 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
December 16, 2013, 07:59:10 PM
Now I haven't always been the biggest Cryptsy fan, the bugs and glitches at times were enough to make my blood boil.  When you stop and think about it though, anyone heavily involved in the alt-scene should be on their knees thanking Big Vern.  The alt-scene simply would not be what it is today without Cryptsy (for better or for worse).

The only people who have room to complain about "Cryptsy costing them money" are newbies who just jumped into the scene with this recent rise.  If you are a GPU miner and/or got into the alt-scene last spring, Cryptsy almost certainly made you WAY more coin than it ever cost you.

I owe Cryptsy for allowing me to vastly improve my financial situation and life over the past 6 months with just 7 7950s.  I am forever grateful for Cryptsy.

So thanks for ruining it for the rest of us OP just because you are pissy about 63 BTC that'll eventually go right back up in value again anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000
December 16, 2013, 07:31:23 PM
yawn
Activity: 458
December 16, 2013, 07:27:08 PM
Bitcoin and all alts are still experimental as stated in the software! And from what I have seen, Cryptsy have responded with due diligence to the recent problems. We agree to their terms of service before using them. Feels like the OP may have acted unfairly by escalating their complaint so quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1148
December 16, 2013, 07:04:31 PM
I see audits for all you Florida folks coming soon!!! thanks OP, didn't have to fuck over every current and future cryptsy user.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 16, 2013, 06:51:43 PM
Some people want wild west profits with FDIC bank risk.

Cryptsy has been known to have problems for a long time but some people who apparently can't tolerate the risk of something going wrong with their Crytpsy account at an inconvenient time still can't resist the urge to trade and keep funds there. I'm guessing that's because Cryptsy generally has better prices, tighter spreads, and more volume on most alts than other exchanges do. Assume Crypsty (and every other crypto service) is going to break when you need it most (peak volume times particularly) if you want to be safe. But you don't want to be safe; you want to be rich.

No.

Cryptsy isn't AN option... it is the ONLY option.

And the volatility of the market means that all time/every time (every second) is when you "need it the most"

Cryptsy doesn't just 'break' during peak volume times, it always fucks up

Cryptsy isn't a utility or even a bank. It's a mom and pop startup operating on the fringe (lesser alt coins) of a fringe (Bitcoin) market. Nobody goes there except to try to make money off the most speculative alt coins (which include everything beyond litecoin really). Their unreliability pisses me off but that's the price of playing in lesser alt coins. No other alt exchange could just step in and pick up the slack if Cryptsy disappeared without even worse problems. Look at what has been happening with coinex for example. If you want reliability above all else then stick to BTC and LTC exclusively since there are larger and more reliable exchanges that deal in those, or better yet stick to established investment vehicles. This is still the wild west with all the positives and negatives that entails.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 16, 2013, 06:10:41 PM
OP seriously you are such a loser, who cares about your fucking 63 BTC?
I had my coins back creating a simple ticket and waiting 10 hours, as everybody else.
Exchange engine is still shit and deposit are late but hey I use it because I want to.
Please cash out as soon as possible and disappear
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
December 16, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
Activity: 113
December 16, 2013, 05:32:04 PM

Cryptsy has been known to have problems for a long time but some people who apparently can't tolerate the risk of something going wrong with their Crytpsy account at an inconvenient time still can't resist the urge to trade and keep funds there. I'm guessing that's because Cryptsy generally has better prices, tighter spreads, and more volume on most alts than other exchanges do. Assume Crypsty (and every other crypto service) is going to break when you need it most (peak volume times particularly) if you want to be safe. But you don't want to be safe; you want to be rich.

No.

Cryptsy isn't AN option... it is the ONLY option.

And the volatility of the market means that all time/every time (every second) is when you "need it the most"

Cryptsy doesn't just 'break' during peak volume times, it always fucks up

December 16, 2013, 04:31:38 PM

Activity: 980
Merit: 500
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
December 16, 2013, 03:59:50 PM
By the way. OP is somewhat right in his proceedings. It's just so many people are sucking on cryptsy's big wrinkly tit, they would hate to see it go, even if they are being ripped off, does not matter.

The amount of rage/butthurt in this thread = overwhelming. It would be so satisfying to see them cry when this exchanges goes down.

I personally do not want it to go down. I've done some profits there, and despite the awful waiting time on deposits and horrible trade lag, it was a worthwhile experience. I had a feeling that exchange operators are screwing with me, but it does not matter. As long as you distribute your wealth over multiple exchanges/wallets/services = you are safe.
Activity: 113
December 16, 2013, 03:52:29 PM
Wanted to liquidate all my shit before Monday morning hit..

Cryptsy still holding onto my pending withdraw from 3 days ago and won't let me withdraw anything else

Can't even move my shit to BTC-e for USD

This is probably the 5th time cryptsy has cost me again.. Like literally cost me
Da fuck!!!!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1358
December 16, 2013, 03:47:50 PM
Activity: 302
December 16, 2013, 03:36:26 PM
I'd be excited to if i was with the IRS and it wouldnt be for finding out about cryptsy.

Here comes the audit for OP.  Grin
Activity: 420
December 16, 2013, 03:17:10 PM
OP, you're a loooooooooser!

Give they guy a break, his site is not easy to maintain nor it it easy to put up with us cryptocoiners.

my advise to you is:

SHUT THE FUCK UP, you have a choice to use his site, you can choose not to as well. NOBODY is forcing you to use cryptsy.

+1
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0
December 16, 2013, 03:11:44 PM
it seems a little silly that...op took the anonymous out of bitcoin trade.. whats the taxes due on 63 BTC? and other previous undeclared earnings..

Seems funny to walk into a place... and show them a whole bunch of your undeclared earnings... your trade history.. etc.. anyone with a comp can sign into/onto cryptsy and anyone calculate 1 BTC = $1000, but showing them your trade history... makes the whole thing silly.

I'd be excited to if i was with the IRS and it wouldnt be for finding out about cryptsy.
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
December 16, 2013, 02:55:18 PM
OP really ought to move home if he manages to get SEC to shut Cryptsy

lots of pissed off peeps

thin ice indeed
Activity: 302
December 16, 2013, 01:48:06 PM
How about reading terms before using any service?

Without prejudice to any other terms of this Agreement, relating to the limitation of liability and provision of indemnities, the following clauses shall apply to our Electronic Services.

j. System errors

We shall have no liability to you for damage which you may suffer as a result of transmission errors, technical faults, malfunctions, illegal intervention in network equipment, network overloads, malicious blocking of access by third parties, internet malfunctions, interruptions or other deficiencies on the part of internet service providers. You acknowledge that access to Electronic Services may be limited or unavailable due to such system errors, and that we reserve the right upon notice to suspend access to Electronic Services for this reason.

k. Delays

Neither we nor any third party software provider accepts any liability in respect of any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any data provided to you in connection with an Electronic Service.
We do not accept any liability in respect of any delays, inaccuracies or errors in prices quoted to you if these delays, inaccuracies or errors are caused by third party service providers with which we may collaborate.
We shall not be obliged to execute any instruction which has been identified that is based on errors caused by delays of the system to update prices provided by the system price feeder or the third party service providers. We do not accept any liability towards executed trades that have been based and have been the result of delays as described above.
Activity: 812
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
December 16, 2013, 01:42:50 PM
bullshit Tongue
So you tried to get out your hundreds of btc and cryptsy could not deliver? Evidence or gtfo plz.

@ hypostatization: What's really destabilizing the markets are people like you spreading panic, making elephants out of mosquitos. Cryptsy is great and will become perfect.
Activity: 350
December 16, 2013, 01:41:22 PM
I wish this did not happen. In the above text, you have made bold claims about what has occurred behind the scenes at Cryptsy---without providing supporting evidence. I do believe fraud or gross negligence are clear, but there is no concrete evidence (yet) that Cryptsy borrowed from deposits.

All of that being said: Cryptsy is the clear problem here and the source of this issue. Its initial operational failures may be understandable, but all failures past that point belong to Cryptsy. They span a wide range. Cryptsy has unabashedly driven all fallout in this situation, and jeopardized the alt market at large. They have had ample opportunity to respond, correct the situation, and even turn this into a major PR win.

Instead, the message is clear: last week's 148.55 BTC revenue is more important than the financial welfare of its users and broader stability of the alt market. Not only did Cryptsy choose not to suspend trading and deposits---in order to correct known and escalating issues---they also chose to divert resources to opening additional markets. Every moment counts during a crisis like this. BigVern made it count toward his ability to collect fees.

Further, what scant information we have received from Cryptsy has encouraged usage, despite no clear ability to resolve fundamental issues affecting countless users. Incompetence or worse.

Cryptsy chose to operate as a legally registered entity, to identify its owner, leading to countless assurances throughout the community that this somehow makes Cryptsy more trustworthy. Ultimately, they offered users and investors assurance by clearly identifying themselves as subject to the law.

If cryptocurrencies will succeed at large---then that will mean confronting the law, and all of the pain that process entails. Entities like Cryptsy make that inevitable.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
December 16, 2013, 01:40:02 PM
Few days ago I wrote on Quark topic:

and we back to 4th. my coffee really nice.  Grin
Wait 5 hours, until Americans wake up and dump.
I'd recommend u to sell fast

Sooner and more they sell, sooner you will buy much more Smiley

I already bought over 100btc worth, but of prices are going down, then i'm in for another 100 btc worth.  Cool

What will you do if it happens Bitcoin fall of 50% for example?

Maybe Cryptsy owners read me Smiley

Btw, trend is up generally.

Pages:
Jump to: