Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 3. (Read 5126 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
August 21, 2014, 01:40:46 PM
For the same reason, a semi-moderated Alternative CryptoCurrency section should be under BitcoinTalk  CryptoCurrencyTalk
FTFY
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
August 21, 2014, 01:05:11 PM
I'm now on board for nuking the whole forum.

Way more damage than good coming out of this place in general now, nobody cares, so why not nuke the whole thing?
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
August 21, 2014, 12:53:26 PM
Just remove the altcoin board altogether. It's nothing but a cesspool of shit.
Not the first time that I would have said much the same.
+1
+1
I think it's been a waste of space for a long time, and it's definitely grown to be much worse.
Here is another +1 ,sadly it won't help with the removal of the section.
+1

Honestly, I think we have enough support to remove it completely. I really need to finish my altcoin forum project to at least send the legit players somewhere, ya know?

I'll talk to my partner about jump starting the project...

+1 nuke that place
And add some mods if you really think altcoin threads will pop all over the forum

I beg to disagree with all of U. Alt Coin section is the wild west of BitcoinTalk. It adds an extra flavour to it. How many forum u get on the internet where u see a million dollar+ is being raised in front of your eye ? This clearly shows that the people on BitcoinTalk have money and it attracts the advertisers. This is a known space, where SCAM takes place. Just Enter in your own Risk. Its better to leave this place semi-moderated.

Statutory Disclaimer: Except for Bitcoin, I only hold some Stellar and have an interest in holding some Ether too.

So as long as a subject is "wild west", adds extra flavor, brings millions+ dollars users and brings advertisers then it should have a sub-forum in bitcointalk?

Great, I can't wait for the weapons and drugs subforums

Weapons & Drugs dont fall under CryptoCurrency. May be they find a sub-section under machine manufacturing and chemical forum respectively. The same reason Black Hat SEO & Negative SEO find sub-section under several SEO forum. Those are the wild west for those categories. For the same reason, a semi-moderated Alternative CryptoCurrency section should be under BitcoinTalk.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
August 21, 2014, 12:36:14 PM
Is it possible all that needs to be done is split the major altcoins into their own section then have the other section be the free for all?

Who decides what is a "major" altcoin? On what criteria? When is a free for all altcoin deemed to be promoted to the major section? And conversely, when does a major altcoin deserve a demotion to the FFA?

+1 on the alt subforum demolition.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
August 21, 2014, 10:55:34 AM
Does it really need a nuke though?

Is it possible all that needs to be done is split the major altcoins into their own section then have the other section be the free for all?

What about limiting newbies to a few posts per day in altcoin section or something similar?

I thought newbies were only allowed to post in beginner section for the first 2 weeks right? I know that was changed but I don't see how that has helped? I feel like that made things worse everywhere.

Maybe if they post in another section they can only do it a few times per day instead of every 6 minutes?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
August 21, 2014, 09:10:40 AM
Indeed, the gun-running, drug smuggling, slave trading, terrorist arms, paedophile forums of choice!
That subforum already exists - it's called "Legal".

It's dedicated to the most successful group of gun-running, drug smuggling, slave trading, terrorist-arming pedophiles on the entire planet.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
August 21, 2014, 05:56:01 AM
So as long as a subject is "wild west", adds extra flavor, brings millions+ dollars users and brings advertisers then it should have a sub-forum in bitcointalk?

Indeed, the gun-running, drug smuggling, slave trading, terrorist arms, paedophile forums of choice!
legendary
August 21, 2014, 04:14:20 AM
+1
+1
I think it's been a waste of space for a long time, and it's definitely grown to be much worse.
+1

Honestly, I think we have enough support to remove it completely. I really need to finish my altcoin forum project to at least send the legit players somewhere, ya know?

+1 nuke that place
And add some mods if you really think altcoin threads will pop all over the forum

I beg to disagree with all of U. Alt Coin section is the wild west of BitcoinTalk. It adds an extra flavour to it. How many forum u get on the internet where u see a million dollar+ is being raised in front of your eye ? This clearly shows that the people on BitcoinTalk have money and it attracts the advertisers. This is a known space, where SCAM takes place. Just Enter in your own Risk. Its better to leave this place semi-moderated.

Statutory Disclaimer: Except for Bitcoin, I only hold some Stellar and have an interest in holding some Ether too.

legendary
August 21, 2014, 03:52:04 AM
+1
+1
+1

+1 nuke that place

funny stellar and ether are not even minable coins....!!!   Roll Eyes

I'm not a miner. So minability is not a criteria for me. I look for availability & usability.

- Stellar was available for free and now getting scarce.

- Ether pitches a great usability idea. But I wonder whether they'll be able to materialize that idea.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!
August 20, 2014, 12:19:22 PM
+1
+1
+1

+1 nuke that place

funny stellar and ether are not even minable coins....!!!   Roll Eyes
legendary
August 20, 2014, 11:12:46 AM
+1
+1
+1

+1 nuke that place

legendary
August 20, 2014, 05:31:35 AM
+1
+1
+1

+1 nuke that place
legendary
August 20, 2014, 04:44:32 AM
I'd suggest that if this forum does go the route of removing the alt-coin section, there should be an early announcement to allow some time for people to make some decisions.  My guess is that removal of these boards would have a very significant impact on the alt-coin markets and therefore will affect the investments of many.

Uh oh... Well I guess what I had in mind was more of a surgical removal of the ANN section, or else aggressive moderation in that subsection in general. I mean, that place is kind of its own Wall Street. Minus any sort of rules.

It gets far more traffic than the Alt main forum and its evident that the same people are running scams over and over, giving cryptocurrency a bad name in general.

There is some truly amazing innovation taking place there as well, but let's face it, most new coin developers are more interested in a payout than contributing to society as what I hope was bitcoin's original intention.

So I would kindly ask you to consider not slashing the whole Alternative Cryptocurrencies section in general for the sake of fostering advancement and growth in this budding science but perhaps allocate more resources towards investigating abuses being committed in the ANN subsection.

Just a suggestion from an avid fraud investigator. Aloha.
legendary
August 20, 2014, 04:38:01 AM
I've banned quite a few, they just reregister, pay their little fee to bypass the ip ban, and come right back. In theory it works because it increases, but that's dependent on being banned repeatedly, and I got better shit to do than ban the same guy for the same stuff over and over. Particularly when there's hundreds more just like him.

A quick question for clarification. Do we have the rule of IP ban only for spamming or also for scamming ?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
August 20, 2014, 04:17:23 AM
I'd suggest that if this forum does go the route of removing the alt-coin section, there should be an early announcement to allow some time for people to make some decisions.  My guess is that removal of these boards would have a very significant impact on the alt-coin markets and therefore will affect the investments of many.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
August 20, 2014, 04:10:44 AM
It is just easier to add the altcoin subforum to the 'ignore' list by going into your profile settings.

That way altcoin users get to keep their discussions going and Bitcoin fans don't have to see it anymore.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
August 20, 2014, 04:10:41 AM
+1
+1
+1

legendary
August 20, 2014, 02:53:52 AM
Hey this was a good thread.. What happened to this idea?

Coin collecting consumes my nonwork-life and I weigh 10 lbs more now than I did 4 months ago, right before I got consumed by the crypto bug. I just wonder what would have happened if the ideas in this thread were implemented in a parallel universe somewhere, would I be up or down, or banned there by now?

In any case, its weird that the problem was "out of control" then, because I don't know what you'd call it now, short of "a nightmare."

I dunno, maybe its natural selection at work and a redistribution of wealth of sorts. I await the implementation of scammer detector algorithms. Don't hold back on declaring which current coins are scams for data collection purposes -- there's hundred for you to sort through.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
March 29, 2014, 02:13:10 PM
I don't know why, but suggestions to delete the alt cryptocurrency never go anywhere.

Maybe a suitable alternative would be to add this forum area to the ignore list of all new account. That way they have to opt in to seeing that section by going to their profile and removing the ignore.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
March 29, 2014, 10:31:25 AM
+1
+1
Pages:
Jump to: