Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 14. (Read 113446 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
March 29, 2014, 07:01:29 PM
The reason why people like GPU/and Scrypt (at least before these next round of ASICs is coming out) for the last year, is that it seemed harder to centralize Scrypt, than SHA256 ASIC farms.  Because of the decentralized nature of GPUs distributions.. and that theory is absolutely still true today..(ahead of ASICs that are just about to come out for Scrypt).

In all discussions of GPUs/ASICS/decentralization remember that in a year or two ASICS will be the price of GPUS and everybody will have a few in their garage/basement.

GPUs will be the CPUs, ASICS will be the GPUs and quantum computing will solve the hard crypto-algo problems and render it all a pile of dodo overnight.

Use of malicious negative trust to suppress free speech brings discredit to the bitcoin community
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
March 29, 2014, 06:17:18 PM
You shouldve add PoS to your coin to prevent 51 percent attack.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
March 29, 2014, 06:14:49 PM
Understanding the actual issue with 51% attacks of PoW: The problem/solution is not "how much hash power the network has"...  But rather it is "how decentralized is the hash power".  Even if a network had 100 Th/s nethash.. if that's all controlled by 1 body/pool.. you are screwed anyways.  

So this has nothing to do with one algo or another, but rather how many independent solo mining operations are happening around the world that has adopted one protocol over another.  Bitcoins history itself was close at one point to having all the hash power centralized.  And through self moderation eliminated the risk.

The reason why people like GPU/and Scrypt (at least before these next round of ASICs is coming out) for the last year, is that it seemed harder to centralize Scrypt, than SHA256 ASIC farms.  Because of the decentralized nature of GPUs distributions.. and that theory is absolutely still true today..(ahead of ASICs that are just about to come out for Scrypt).

GPUs have limited supply, and more more distributed than any other type of processing available, whether it be ASIC or CPUs...

Please do not mistaken total nethash rate with distributed nethash rate.  Those are related, but different issues.

PoW part of bitcoin is just a lottery system.. so the question of security is not how much hash power any protocol can do.. but rather how decentralized a particular a PoW technology/algo.  In that sense GPUs will always win out (at least today), in terms of decentralization.

How many GPUs do you need to make solo mining of e.g. litecoin or DOGE worthwhile?

As everyone who has not enough tends to join a centralised pool.

So thousands of people who all have too few GPUs to feel solo mining to be worthwhile end up all flocking to a very few pools, often not even seeming to care that the pool they chose has dangerously high percentage of the hash power.

Do more GPU miners solo mine than ASIC miners who solo mine?

Maybe another way to compare would be how many litecoin p2pool nodes are there and how many bitcoin p2pool nodes are there?

-MarkM-
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
March 29, 2014, 06:01:42 PM
It will need some time for you evangelists to learn that bitcoin is digital gold and not digital money.

Fyrstikken (cryptorush) would call it a commodity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q9DvydzAsY

Quote: "Bitcoin worshipers will never go to heaven " LOL

Price trending to the cost of mining it.

Use of malicious negative feedback to suppress free speech brings shame on the bitcoin community.

Frystikken is an idiot.

But that doesnt disprove my point. Its simply plain logic, that a hard cap coin can not be a currency. It IS a ponzi and risky investment.
Money works totally different from Bitcoins. As said, it is not wrong to invest in bitcoins, but what's wrong is to confuse gold and money.

So gold is a ponzi scheme? I'm confused. I'm also confused about what happened here. Auroracoin is dead now? Was it actually a scam or did somebody just destroy it for kicks and giggles or for their own personal motives? Also, how was it so easy to kill the coin? Doesn't this mean every other low hashrate scrypt coin is vulnerable? What about scrypt-N and PoS coins? Thanks in advance for helpful replies, I'm just looking for information and trying to understand how things are shaping up in this dark world of cryptocurrencies.

Reposting, hoping for a reply.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 29, 2014, 05:52:02 PM
Understanding the actual issue with 51% attacks of PoW: The problem/solution is not "how much hash power the network has"...  But rather it is "how decentralized is the hash power".  Even if a network had 100 Th/s nethash.. if that's all controlled by 1 body/pool.. you are screwed anyways.  

So this has nothing to do with one algo or another, but rather how many independent solo mining operations are happening around the world that has adopted one protocol over another.  Bitcoins history itself was close at one point to having all the hash power centralized.  And through self moderation eliminated the risk.

GPUs have limited supply, and more more distributed than any other type of processing available, whether it be ASIC or CPUs...

Please do not mistaken total nethash rate with distributed nethash rate.  Those are related, but different issues.

PoW part of bitcoin is just a lottery system.. so the question of security is not how much hash power any protocol can do.. but rather how decentralized a particular a PoW technology/algo.  In that sense GPUs will always win out (at least today), in terms of decentralization.
legendary
Activity: 1246
March 29, 2014, 05:51:32 PM

Show me the section of criminal code corresponding to the country holding the forked block chain that shows forking is illegal.

Show me the section of criminal code that making a lazy clone coin and trying to profit it off it is criminal either but it doesn't stop you all from calling them scammers or crooks.
Activity: 336
March 29, 2014, 05:25:06 PM
So, better some blackhats fuck you up and force you to fix your weak spots than some gov does it when it really thinks it has to.

Sorry but I don't believe in this logic. You can't go before a court of law and declare, "Your honor, I am entitled to this stolen property because John Doe left their front door unlocked", it doesn't excuse the criminal behavior in itself.

It doesnt excuse criminal behaviour. But the latest events have shown, that your gov. will not obey their own laws and use criminal behaviour to get what they want.

I heard back in about 2007 a Black Hat hackers conference in L.A. USA a seminar about how to hack routers using WEP for internet access..
Put on by the FBI lol
They posted a video presentation and showed how it was done and then provided links to the tools for reference.

Anyway is that a crime ?

Show me the section of criminal code corresponding to the country holding the forked block chain that shows forking is illegal.

Put up or shut up ? lol ..i'm going to sit here and wait holding my breath, i know any second you will have proof  Roll Eyes

edit:
PS: Ponzi schemes ARE illegal ask Berni Madoff

and by the way consider your ass owned Wink

Spoetnik I wish you would have invested in AUR when I told you so. YOu might have been on different side of fence now.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
March 29, 2014, 05:22:22 PM
So, better some blackhats fuck you up and force you to fix your weak spots than some gov does it when it really thinks it has to.

Sorry but I don't believe in this logic. You can't go before a court of law and declare, "Your honor, I am entitled to this stolen property because John Doe left their front door unlocked", it doesn't excuse the criminal behavior in itself.

It doesnt excuse criminal behaviour. But the latest events have shown, that your gov. will not obey their own laws and use criminal behaviour to get what they want.

I heard back in about 2007 a Black Hat hackers conference in L.A. USA a seminar about how to hack routers using WEP for internet access..
Put on by the FBI lol
They posted a video presentation and showe how it was done and then provided links to the tools for reference.

Anyway is that a crime ?

Put up or shut up ? lol ..i'm going to sit here and wait holding my breath, i know any second you will have proof  Roll Eyes

they built their entire house of cards on this one single argument. of course you'll get no response, but you're correct.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
March 29, 2014, 05:20:46 PM

Put on by the FBI lol
They posted a video presentation and showed how it was done and then provided links to the tools for reference.

Anyway is that a crime ?

Put up or shut up ? lol ..i'm going to sit here and wait holding my breath, i know any second you will have proof  Roll Eyes

edit:
PS: Ponzi schemes ARE illegal ask Berni Madoff

and by the way consider your ass owned Wink
legendary
Activity: 882
March 29, 2014, 05:14:02 PM
It will need some time for you evangelists to learn that bitcoin is digital gold and not digital money.

Fyrstikken (cryptorush) would call it a commodity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q9DvydzAsY

Use of malicious negative feedback to suppress free speech brings shame on the bitcoin community.

Frystikken is an idiot.

But that doesnt disprove my point. Its simply plain logic, that a hard cap coin can not be a currency. It IS a ponzi and risky investment.
Money works totally different from Bitcoins. As said, it is not wrong to invest in bitcoins, but what's wrong is to confuse gold and money.

let me walk you through economics 101

1) what is money?
2) how do we define the value of money
3) why are Dollars not money?
4) why is bitcoin a better expression of value than dollars or any other gov controlled fiat currency?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
March 29, 2014, 05:12:19 PM
Any CPU, GPU or even FPGA coin is insanely vulnerable.

Even with scrypt ASICs the mentality of scrypt miners might be such that no scrypt coin will be secure, since scrypt miners seem mostly to be scammers looking not to secure any blockchains but, rather, to jump around in a kind of bait-and-switch scam, fooling investors into imagining this that or the other scrypt coin is secure (due to its seeming to have hashing power securing it) while really none of that hashing power actually intends to secure the chain at all, rather it is basically eliciting bribes "how much will you pay me to abandon this chain and go mine your latest scam" kind of thing...

Maybe though if litecoin and DOGE adapt so as to be able to be merged together, one or both might manage to retain enough of the scrypt hashing power to eventually become secure?

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
March 29, 2014, 05:11:46 PM
oh man, this takes me back to the days when bcx was threatening to 51 litecoin.  good times.

it takes me back to when BCX, the man, was destroying SolidCoin.  that thing had to go too.
Activity: 868
March 29, 2014, 05:06:26 PM

Frystikken is an idiot.

So gold is a ponzi scheme? I'm confused. I'm also confused about what happened here. Auroracoin is dead now? Was it actually a scam or did somebody just destroy it for kicks and giggles or for their own personal motives? Also, how was it so easy to kill the coin? Doesn't this mean every other low hashrate scrypt coin is vulnerable? What about scrypt-N and PoS coins? Thanks in advance for helpful replies, I'm just looking for information and trying to understand how things are shaping up in this dark world of cryptocurrencies.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
March 29, 2014, 05:00:29 PM

lol. that guy cracks me up!
Activity: 476
March 29, 2014, 04:56:17 PM

Frystikken is an idiot.

Activity: 476
March 29, 2014, 04:52:20 PM

legendary
Activity: 1232
Monero Evangelist
March 29, 2014, 04:46:56 PM
Are you defending LTC?
Activity: 154
March 29, 2014, 04:45:13 PM
It was known long ago that scrypt was not secure. Better approaches have long been known.

That's simply an incorrect statement.. scrypt algo itself is just fine.  Maybe you mean there's not enough hash power to secure it.. which I will also have to disagree with.

The ONLY reason to deliberately create yet another scamcoin is as a scam. Pretending not to know you are creating a scam is bullshit

Sorry, but .. logical leap. (http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1211705)

Activity: 140
March 29, 2014, 04:44:57 PM
hmm so how much hash did this person just dump on this coin ?

what was the hash before the jump to 32GH? .... so this attack had to be over 16GH min... or could have been way more?  Who has that much scrypt hash already? it essential means most scrypt coins are totally vulnerable really. That is rather scary. Only doge and ltc and perhaps a few others are safe.

If this coin had been POW+POS would that have stopped this attack?

More than the total. Narrowing it down will be hard though unless you guys track it down which will be hard

You're all underestimating how many people have farms large enough to do it. Lots of money has been made by a lot of people

so 1.2 GH to over 32GH?  are we saying then someone has 30GH of scrypt available to them? i can not bare to believe there are many people with that much hash. It must be an alliance of some kind. A single farm of 30GH is kind of HUGE.  Must be a GIANT botnet or collaboration. Maybe knc testing out the new super titans?  everyone just got upgraded from 250MH to 1GH each perhaps.
whyle the

http://wafflepool.com/miner/14t8yB3PDGfZT3VppxMY4J9xiBaXUcZvKp
3/27 look @ btc payouts
legendary
Activity: 1540
FUD Philanthropist™
March 29, 2014, 04:43:11 PM
The Bitcoin mafia will never let any altcoin succeed.

Let's brainwash them with naivettes like "Do you want NSA Coin, Fed Coin, fiat/goverment money?" No here, suck on my bitcoin tit and buy it for a grand. The others are not secure. If they were to become secure one day, we will make sure to unsecure it.

There is a reason Satoshi left the scene. He didn't want mining companies to produce bitcoins so laymen buy it like they buy gold. The idea was for a decentralized p2p currency. He saw greedy maggots take over in the name of being anti-establishment.

Maybe Dogecoin does need to win out.

I think AUR was the biggest premine in history of ALT's and a new low for clone coins with it's scammy citizens coins angle..
So yeah lets MAFIA this bitch up lol
congrats to the forkerer Smiley
do more scummy shit coin scams please

Great News and Great day Smiley

Whiny brats cry abut their scam being taken down.. figures ahaha

oh and hey dicks.. remember posting about 50 times in the last week "How many coins have you guys taken down ? ..your all talk"
eat it scammers Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: