Author

Topic: delete - page 104. (Read 165521 times)

legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024
September 23, 2014, 02:09:07 AM
BCX, was that you in the polo chat under a different name?

For the record I did not DDOS Poloniex.

If I did I promise you I would have told you.

I have nothing against Poloniex.

As was pointed out by a few other posters, this is not my style.

More than likely some poser that was going to try and get some coins out of you.

Believe what you want to believe but anybody that has been here for any time knows, that wasn't me.

~BCX~

It seems it was the same account as the one that you proved you used yesterday

Not from the screen caps that was just sent to me.

The person was blatantly a non English speaker and couldn't verify here in this forum when asked by the mod.

~BCX~
Activity: 432
Merit: 251
September 23, 2014, 02:08:27 AM
I only said I didn't DDOS Poloniex  Wink

Having a functioning exchange is vital for the plan.

~BCX~

So... you want cheap coins
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
September 23, 2014, 02:06:37 AM

More than likely some poser that was going to try and get some coins out of you.

Believe what you want to believe but anybody that has been here for any time knows, that wasn't me.

~BCX~

It seems it was the same account as the one that you proved you used yesterday
legendary
September 23, 2014, 02:04:49 AM

~BCX~

Should we still sell our xmr?  Is that still ur advice?

I only said I didn't DDOS Poloniex  Wink

Having a functioning exchange is vital for the plan.

~BCX~
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 23, 2014, 01:58:41 AM

~BCX~

Should we still sell our xmr?  Is that still ur advice?
legendary
September 23, 2014, 01:55:57 AM

~BCX~
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
September 23, 2014, 01:48:56 AM

There has already been injury. Poloniex's business was interrupted for a few minutes. Small perhaps, but real.

Exactly.

And for those saying "well BitchClownExpress might not be in the US or UK or whatnot..."

Poloniex is in the US, they are the victim, so the US authorities can reach out and touch some BtchX wherever his bitch ass is.

Realistically though, this is just not a big deal compared to the other cyberterrorism incidents, so unlikely to get a lot of attention.

But here's the thing with making enemies, you never know who those enemies are, what their resources might be, or what unexpected decisions they might make. Monero has supporters as well as attackers. Neither he nor the attackers know who all of them are or what they are capable of.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 23, 2014, 01:47:09 AM
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
September 23, 2014, 01:35:51 AM

There has already been injury. Poloniex's business was interrupted for a few minutes. Small perhaps, but real.

Exactly.

And for those saying "well BitchClownExpress might not be in the US or UK or whatnot..."

Poloniex is in the US, they are the victim, so the US authorities can reach out and touch some BtchX wherever his bitch ass is.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
September 23, 2014, 01:33:26 AM
Guess what?
It is a crime in many jurisdictions, the US and UK included, to engage in DDOoS and related attacks of a computer system.
Doesn't matter what type of business Poloniex engages in, so the talk of crypto being nascent and so it isn't specifically named in regulations does not matter.

Just a real quick goog and and found this http://blog.cps.gov.uk/2012/12/christopher-weatherhead-convicted-of-conspiracy-to-hack-computers-.html, which details the successful prosecution of some Anonymous hacks for DDoSing credit card companies.

All there has to be is some type of injury, be it monetary, etc and it is a crime.

Activity: 532
September 23, 2014, 01:33:15 AM
so any eta till BCX attack?

http://itsalmo.st/#timetokillxmr

15 hours  40 minutes  9 seconds and counting

This is a rough estimate of a pending attack.  It is not an exact countdown to the exact second he pulls the trigger.
If he 'pulls the trigger' at all.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
September 23, 2014, 01:29:18 AM
Guess what?
It is a crime in many jurisdictions, the US and UK included, to engage in DDOoS and related attacks of a computer system.
Doesn't matter what type of business Poloniex engages in, so the talk of crypto being nascent and so it isn't specifically named in regulations does not matter.

Just a real quick goog and and found this http://blog.cps.gov.uk/2012/12/christopher-weatherhead-convicted-of-conspiracy-to-hack-computers-.html, which details the successful prosecution of some Anonymous hacks for DDoSing credit card companies.

All there has to be is some type of injury, be it monetary, etc and it is a crime.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 23, 2014, 01:26:50 AM
Got my popcorn ready.  I thought it would be solved by now.  But this late in the game I guess BCX has to attack now or he will lose all his credibility.  There are lots of big players on BTC watching this.  

Ya ... I don't think he is backing down ... I was afraid he would.  It's like the fucking Olympics of trolls meet giants in rome and battle to the death

I am actually for the peaceful ending and no attack.  I think as a whole this kind of business just gives us all a bad name.  (but if it happens, I will definitely be watching pretty closely)

I agree.  My suggestion for a peaceful solution:

(1) BCX needs to provide proof, in a non-malicious way. that he can do what he claims he can do.  This can be done confidentially.
(2) Upon providing such proof, the devs and/or the community can work out an arrangement for him to fairly compensate him for finding whatever weakness he claims to have found.  And that could mean doing very little if he can't do anything too damaging.
(3) We all live happily ever after.

Just a thought, but come on, be better than this.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
September 23, 2014, 01:21:23 AM

Somebody said 24 hours to go here.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8931144

I guess that makes it about 16 hours
September 23, 2014, 01:21:17 AM
Got my popcorn ready.  I thought it would be solved by now.  But this late in the game I guess BCX has to attack now or he will lose all his credibility.  There are lots of big players on BTC watching this.  

Ya ... I don't think he is backing down ... I was afraid he would.  It's like the fucking Olympics of trolls meet giants in rome and battle to the death

I am actually for the peaceful ending and no attack.  I think as a whole this kind of business just gives us all a bad name.  (but if it happens, I will definitely be watching pretty closely)

No shit like this is the only reason crypto is worth jack
legendary
mining is so 2012-2013
September 23, 2014, 01:18:58 AM

Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
September 23, 2014, 01:17:56 AM
legendary
mining is so 2012-2013
September 23, 2014, 01:17:35 AM
I hope that BCX does nothing
because the first thing you will do after
the attack
is to report to the FBI
the situation
because remember that the coin on its wallett
are money
so it's a robbery
then they will require ip from bitcointalk
and poloniex
also examine his whole account of bitcointalk to find
all this hoping that BCX not find it before any investor in Monero
who has lost a lot of money
and that does not kill him with a gun
This can also happen
think about it

ps
sorry but I'm not English
I'm using google translator

Crytpocurrencies are still a very grey area in the United States.  Most crimes have a law that specifically states, "If ......... does......... then they will go to jail for ............ or pay ........... fine".  But as far as crypto goes, there just isn't any laws in the books about that (yet).  And if BCX is not based in the US, he definitely won't care.  
September 23, 2014, 01:17:19 AM
Got my popcorn ready.  I thought it would be solved by now.  But this late in the game I guess BCX has to attack now or he will lose all his credibility.  There are lots of big players on BTC watching this. 

Ya ... I don't think he is backing down ... I was afraid he would.  It's like the fucking Olympics of trolls meet giants in rome and battle to the death
legendary
mining is so 2012-2013
September 23, 2014, 01:14:00 AM
Got my popcorn ready.  I thought it would be solved by now.  But this late in the game I guess BCX has to attack now or he will lose all his credibility.  There are lots of big players on BTC watching this. 
Jump to: