Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 91. (Read 165521 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 23, 2014, 05:03:48 PM
Seems BCX decided he needs an additional 4 hours at least, he has extended his deadline (or maybe he is just bad at math, don't know which):

Hey retard,

I said start in 72 hours, which is still ~5 hours away.

~BCX~
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bcx-monero-attack-failed-xmr-price-climbing-794079

Could he have changed the time because of the new checkpoints?
Or perhaps he is lying about his intended time frame?

Could be the checkpoints, now the exchange (poloniex) also has frozen deposit and withdraws for 24 hours, perhaps that will force him to delay even further.

Judging from his reply to TFM I got the impression that he would load up on XMR using TW then dump them on the exchange for BTC. In that case his plan failed (for now).

If BCX is really kickass, they will need to keep it frozen forever (or eventually accede to defeat and let BCX keep his coins which can't be identified) because everything will get so thoroughly mixed that it can't unwound. But I have no idea if that is feasible. Freezing the deposits and withdrawals doesn't stop the exchange transactions from accumulating on the mixed up chains.

BCX would need to have some really kickass technical guys working for him.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The Buck Stops Here.
September 23, 2014, 05:01:54 PM
Seems BCX decided he needs an additional 4 hours at least, he has extended his deadline (or maybe he is just bad at math, don't know which):

Hey retard,

~BCX~
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bcx-monero-attack-failed-xmr-price-climbing-794079

Could be the checkpoints, now the exchange (poloniex) also has frozen deposit and withdraws for 24 hours, perhaps that will force him to delay even further.

Judging from his reply to TFM I got the impression that he would load up on XMR using TW then dump them on the exchange for BTC. In that case his plan failed (for now).

Poloneix isn't the only exchange though.
September 23, 2014, 05:00:36 PM
Cross-posting...

Central (Samar) and southern Philippines (Davao) are making big waves in crypto.  Cool

P.S. I had no affiliation with BCX other than messages on this forum past 2 days.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
September 23, 2014, 04:54:53 PM

Hey retard,

~BCX~

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
September 23, 2014, 04:54:03 PM
Come join my workers and mine on small pool:

xmr.cryptograben.com
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
September 23, 2014, 04:51:33 PM
Was this thread about how I should go on a free for all when buying Monero?
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
September 23, 2014, 04:50:54 PM
In 30min, as a precaution against the attack threat, XMR deposits and withdrawals will be frozen for 24hrs and all funds put in cold storage (polo tweet)
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
September 23, 2014, 04:48:50 PM
only 12 minutes until nothing happens!!!

4 hours, keep up
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
September 23, 2014, 04:48:21 PM
only 12 minutes until nothing happens!!!
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
September 23, 2014, 04:45:31 PM
OMG  Grin
This thread reads like a script from a Mexican soap opera on meth Cheesy
"yo mama is a hooooa!!"
"wuut??? I saw you having sex with sheep!!"

Isn't this whole story supposed to be about currency, technology and shit like that?
Makes Monero look bad, IMO

There's nothing Monero can do about an unmoderated thread, so... your argument is invalid.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
September 23, 2014, 04:45:25 PM
prolly just veryfing in his sandbox he said he had with the new checkpoints

source?

Github
Activity: 10
September 23, 2014, 04:40:45 PM

source?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 23, 2014, 04:36:52 PM
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
September 23, 2014, 04:35:34 PM

Hey retard,

~BCX~

Activity: 14
September 23, 2014, 04:23:13 PM
Checkpoints would require a TW attack to start after the CP, and is a manual intervention.  The devs probably did it to help restore calm more than anything else.

I wasn't disagreeing with you in my prior post (hadn't even read your post yet), because I meant the TW attack could intermix the legitimate and attack chains from the CPs forward.

I like disagreements.  It often means I am about to learn something, which generally makes my day.

I think you have the concept accurately.  Any miners with current code (that include the CP) will not honor a chain having a block at the height of the CP that doesn't match the CP hash, but from there forward, it is open season once again.

I think we need a community started for Monero Miners to share their CP, to be sure they all have the legitimate copies.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
September 23, 2014, 04:20:58 PM

Hey retard,

~BCX~
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
September 23, 2014, 04:15:45 PM
Checkpoints would require a TW attack to start after the CP, and is a manual intervention.  The devs probably did it to help restore calm more than anything else.

I wasn't disagreeing with you in my prior post (hadn't even read your post yet), because I meant the TW attack could intermix the legitimate and attack chains from the CPs forward.

I like disagreements.  It often means I am about to learn something, which generally makes my day.

I think you have the concept accurately.  Any miners with current code (that include the CP) will not honor a chain having a block at the height of the CP that doesn't match the CP hash, but from there forward, it is open season once again.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
September 23, 2014, 04:14:36 PM
The difference could be the degree to which the core or official personalities are all over the place.

Also the degree to which n00bs have been induced to invest at very early stage, where they are not knowledgeable about the technology.

The core members have been pretty restrained in my opinion and the n00bs have no clue, true, but that is rpietila's doing.

I think that fluffy, david, taco and the others have been pretty good sports over the lifetime of Monero.

I admit I have gone overboard, and the Monero whale group is a bit too vocal, but at least you can sleep easy knowing that we aren't in any way apart of the actual Monero team.
September 23, 2014, 04:09:46 PM

This. A good coin doesn't require cheerleading squads and pumper bands beating the drum 24/7. A good coin is quiet and sells itself.

This is about the most truthful statement I have read on these forums in a while, and sadly it will most likely be ignored.

The question really is: no matter how good the coin it'll eventually attract hoards of people, some to invest, some to troll, etc...

I doubt you could make a good coin that remained silent, it'll be magnetic, and attract everyone for better or for worse.

All the coins with potential ended up attracting all sorts of people.

The difference could be the degree to which the core or official personalities are all over the place.

Also the degree to which n00bs have been induced to invest at very early stage, where they are not knowledgeable about the technology.

Just saying. Don't know if I could do it better. Easier for me to talk and pontificate than walk the shoes of others.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
September 23, 2014, 04:07:46 PM

This. A good coin doesn't require cheerleading squads and pumper bands beating the drum 24/7. A good coin is quiet and sells itself.

This is about the most truthful statement I have read on these forums in a while, and sadly it will most likely be ignored.

The question really is: no matter how good the coin it'll eventually attract hoards of people, some to invest, some to troll, etc...

I doubt you could make a good coin that remained silent, it'll be magnetic, and attract everyone for better or for worse.

All the coins with potential ended up attracting all sorts of people.
Pages:
Jump to: