Pages:
Author

Topic: deleted - page 2. (Read 14527 times)

Activity: 341
Merit: 250
July 28, 2012, 01:42:20 AM
yeah i was thinking fireworks and thunder and bcx being all smug and gloating.  This attack fails imo.
Activity: 366
#RIP freemoney
July 28, 2012, 01:34:10 AM
I'm also bored...

Did I miss something ?
Activity: 322
July 28, 2012, 01:20:34 AM
Well this is boring.  I actually thought I'd see something.  At least a pool ddosing.  Nothing!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
July 28, 2012, 01:18:30 AM
price is already dropping  Lips sealed

Spoken like a true "little girl".  Cheesy
July 28, 2012, 01:17:59 AM

It's been holding steady for a little while.  There was an initial dump, nothing major, yet.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002
July 28, 2012, 01:15:20 AM
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
July 28, 2012, 12:56:28 AM
My original time line stated the second fork would be merged Late Fri/Early Sat and its still Friday evening here depending on how soon I could get the herders lines up to take out the pools. I gave you guys three days warning and still as you can see by the hash rate chart, a large majority of you are on the pools exposing LTC to a 51% attack.

http://pool-x.eu/net

Simply amazing, everyone is depending on everyone else to solo mine and keep them safe.

Pathetic actually.

*All pools will be taken out in the next few hours followed by merging the forks.

Yeah okay.
Activity: 462
I heart thebaron
July 28, 2012, 12:52:55 AM

I will start the second fork in about 11 hours 45 minutes beginning at 11:59am GMT.

So you have about 12 hours 3 Days to do what you want, so get busy.

~BlowHardEXpress~

How is your phantom Fork coming along anyway ?

Are you still fighting the good fight, like the Soldier Girl that you sometimes pretend to be ?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
July 28, 2012, 12:26:30 AM
I gave you guys three days warning and still as you can see by the hash rate chart, a large majority of you are on the pools exposing LTC to a 51% attack.

Simply amazing, everyone is depending on everyone else to solo mine and keep them safe.

Pathetic actually.

*All pools will be taken out in the next few hours followed by merging the forks.

I have been trying to explain the seriousness of this attack to the boys on the shout box for three days now...They just don't get it, and they don't want to here it. I guess ignorance IS bliss.

Then BTC-e is just shooting themselves in the foot by allowing three days worth of mined coins to enter the market. There are going to be a LOT of pissed off people after this.

Though,I do believe that LTC will live on.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 28, 2012, 12:17:01 AM
My original time line stated the second fork would be merged Late Fri/Early Sat and its still Friday evening here depending on how soon I could get the herders lines up to take out the pools. I gave you guys three days warning and still as you can see by the hash rate chart, a large majority of you are on the pools exposing LTC to a 51% attack.

Pathetic actually.

You should tell that to 66% of bitcoin node Wink
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Common_Vulnerabilities_and_Exposures
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 28, 2012, 12:09:27 AM
July 28, 2012, 12:04:56 AM

Pathetic actually.

It all sounds so sinister!  Even if this does happen, I'm still investing in LTC.  Don't care.  I just want this over with.  Jeez...

Edit: BTW, I can't believe you aren't on chat.  You love this attention and you know it. https://btc-e.com/profile/765
Activity: 80
July 28, 2012, 12:04:12 AM
Sorry kid, it isn't in the code.
What's not in what code.. ? Huh
Activity: 80
July 28, 2012, 12:00:40 AM

Pathetic actually.

hmm.. you forgot about our new miner application  Cheesy
Don't worry, all those miners automatically switch over as you insist.  Wink
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
July 27, 2012, 05:25:23 PM

Haha, I love that! "I'm not trying to kill LTC"
                         "but, when I'm done, LTC will be dead!"

You know? She said in the shout box over there at BTC-e, that she wasn't going to double spend on their exchange. Then they open deposits back up, and she even said "this exchange is going to be in a double spend nightmare" due to people (other than her) depositing coins that may/may not end up invalidated once the fork is merged. BTC-e opened themselves up to this now, and many of the guys over there can't wrap their tiny minds around how this works. I, for one, won't be buying LTC until there is confirmation, one way or the other. Those who buy now, will lose their BTC or USD, and some or all of the LTC they are buying. Anything sent to the exchange in the last 3 days will be reverted (if the fork does in fact get merged)
Activity: 462
I heart thebaron
July 27, 2012, 04:31:07 PM
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
July 27, 2012, 03:25:57 PM
Most of the exchanges stopped deposits & withdrawals.
So, no one can buy or sell, unless they already filled LTC in their account in exchanges.
They can only speculate with the coins they have in their account.

Actually, BTC-e stopped deposits for about 24 hours. Then Coblee added the checkpoint to the client, and apparently told them it was safe to allow deposits again (Possibly a bit premature if you ask me), so they are open once again, and the (possible) fork has yet to be merged to the existing chain.

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but for those who may have missed it:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/open-the-deposit-withdrawal-ltc-btc-ecom-95832

legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
July 27, 2012, 02:11:56 PM
Most of the exchanges stopped deposits & withdrawals.
So, no one can buy or sell, unless they already filled LTC in their account in exchanges.
They can only speculate with the coins they have in their account.
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
July 27, 2012, 02:08:22 PM
Riddle me this kids:

What if BCX actually wanted to bring about an INCREASE in the value of ltc? By making threats, she has caused a huge upswing in attention, the market has now gone up, hundreds more are flocking to the exchanges to get a piece of the action. Wonder if perhaps she hasn't been selling into the hysteria?

This is entirely possible. The other thought of mine was that she scares all the kiddies into panicking, to then, herself, buy at a lower price. When the attack was announced, there was almost an immediate halving of the price on BTC-e, about 200k in volume selling.
Activity: 574
July 27, 2012, 01:49:06 PM
Riddle me this kids:

What if BCX actually wanted to bring about an INCREASE in the value of ltc? By making threats, she has caused a huge upswing in attention, the market has now gone up, hundreds more are flocking to the exchanges to get a piece of the action. Wonder if perhaps she hasn't been selling into the hysteria?
Pages:
Jump to: