Pages:
Author

Topic: deprecated thread. - page 29. (Read 91727 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 3
April 05, 2018, 04:52:34 PM
Hey guys - the new communtiy weekly is out. Check it out and dont forget to put your address+tweet in the commet section to take part in the next weeks giveaway
Obviously I am covering the update delay - had not too much time to prepare so please dont punch me for looking too often to my notes ;-)

https://youtu.be/Lq2O90EeemM

Hi! Thank you very much, you have a lot of useful information for crypto-community. Keep doing your important business, we are with you! Thank you again)
Activity: 882
Merit: 277
If i had a dollar for every "had i known"
April 05, 2018, 04:49:16 PM
The community reached out to us, that Miners should receive less in order to stabilize the Price and Network which is lead by Dumping Miners right now. After this we decided to double the Masternode Rewards and take the Developers Fee from the Mining stake. Update this week.

could you expand on this more? also there is no vote?
is the mining reward going to be halved + dev fee from mining in order to double the masternode rewards?
what reasoning is there for masternode operators to not dump their rewarded coins?
I think that if staking was introduced now it would give miners incentive to hold their coins and accumulate for masternodes instead of dumping because they would be rewarded along the way.

full disclosure i am a miner, however i havent dumped any coins and im not sure what miners would at this point (coin value is too low) so i dont think its that driving the price down. if i were to mine coins just to dump for max profit and not speculate for long term gains, i wouldnt be mining alqo.

The reason for mn owners not to dump their coins is the reward they get for providing their mn - simple as that. As a miner you normally have the profit/loss ration in mind when mining (meaning: investment vs. output). So if you would be interested in SHORT TERM profits it would make no sense to run a mn. The miner on the other hand can sell anytime he's in the green.

On another topic: what's up with the three stage update? There will be another ANN, when it is rolled out, right?

thats kind of what i was getting at with the masternode profits, theyre still profits that can be sold off (not talking about the 10,000 xlq required to hold the node). in this case theyre just moving reward from one userbase to the other, miners to masternode holders. profits are profits whether theyre earned from mining or a masternode and could be dumped just the same.
This is why i suggested that if staking was implemented sooner it would give miners an incentive to hold onto the coins they have mined.

not to mention at the current price i dont think miners alone can be blamed for the continuing decline, i cant imagine anyone would mine XLQ to sell at these prices (im hodling what ive mined over the past few months).

im not saying their decision to increase MN rewards and reduce miner reward is right or wrong. just opening discussion on why this change might not have the outcome they intended and trying to figure out how this will affect things long term.

also why wasnt this decision put to a vote?

that makes absolutely no sense. if an individual has enough to run a masternode, he or she has no incentive to hold on to his rewards unless he is trying to save up for another masternode. Even in that situation and they wants another masternode, they more than likely to buy the bulk of their coin from the market cos waiting to save up for another masternode strictly of MN rewards will take a really long time. So if anything a MN owner is more inclined to sell cos they not taking any loss if they already have their MN. It's all gain for them, while a miner accrue daily cost and might not be so willing to sell if they not making a reasonable gain.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
April 05, 2018, 04:31:07 PM
The community reached out to us, that Miners should receive less in order to stabilize the Price and Network which is lead by Dumping Miners right now. After this we decided to double the Masternode Rewards and take the Developers Fee from the Mining stake. Update this week.

is the mining reward going to be halved + dev fee from mining in order to double the masternode rewards?
what reasoning is there for masternode operators to not dump their rewarded coins?
I think that if staking was introduced now it would give miners incentive to hold their coins and accumulate for masternodes instead of dumping because they would be rewarded along the way.

full disclosure i am a miner, however i havent dumped any coins and im not sure what miners would at this point (coin value is too low) so i dont think its that driving the price down. if i were to mine coins just to dump for max profit and not speculate for long term gains, i wouldnt be mining alqo.

The reason for mn owners not to dump their coins is the reward they get for providing their mn - simple as that. As a miner you normally have the profit/loss ration in mind when mining (meaning: investment vs. output). So if you would be interested in SHORT TERM profits it would make no sense to run a mn. The miner on the other hand can sell anytime he's in the green.

On another topic: what's up with the three stage update? There will be another ANN, when it is rolled out, right?

thats kind of what i was getting at with the masternode profits, theyre still profits that can be sold off (not talking about the 10,000 xlq required to hold the node). in this case theyre just moving reward from one userbase to the other, miners to masternode holders. profits are profits whether theyre earned from mining or a masternode and could be dumped just the same.
This is why i suggested that if staking was implemented sooner it would give miners an incentive to hold onto the coins they have mined.

not to mention at the current price i dont think miners alone can be blamed for the continuing decline, i cant imagine anyone would mine XLQ to sell at these prices (im hodling what ive mined over the past few months).

im not saying their decision to increase MN rewards and reduce miner reward is right or wrong. just opening discussion on why this change might not have the outcome they intended and trying to figure out how this will affect things long term.

also why wasnt this decision put to a vote?
Activity: 182
Merit: 12
April 05, 2018, 03:45:36 PM

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
April 05, 2018, 12:52:17 PM
Being listed on many different exchanges without having a reason for high volume, which is the only thing that matters for exchanges won’t help either. Look at CoinExchange. CryptoBridge has still much more Volume. Once Liberio and the other planets are released, volume will speak for itself and listings will come, sooner or later.
Activity: 266
April 05, 2018, 12:50:35 PM
I wouldn’t think ALQO is being targeted by the SEC, they‘ll focus on regulating and controlling ICOs first. Other than that, the main platform for trading ALQO should be Bitfineon anyway, which is located in Switzerland. The SEC can’t do anything about it.
Activity: 280
April 05, 2018, 12:49:27 PM
What's alqo position with recent SEC regulations for privacy coins? I know DASH, zcash, Monero and other privacy coins are potentially being delisted from centralised exchanges. What does alqo being based in Switzerland mean regards compliance with March 7 SEC statement? Can ALQO be a fiat gateway with privacy?
Activity: 26
April 05, 2018, 12:33:56 PM

Activity: 175
Merit: 32
April 05, 2018, 10:44:04 AM
Activity: 12
April 04, 2018, 05:07:42 AM
ALQO Pool!

Code:
-a quark -o stratum+tcp://rpgpool.com:4033 -u [Wallet Address]-p c=ALQO
Activity: 98
April 02, 2018, 06:38:07 AM
Now the voting explains the delay...

Kind of bummed to see anything moved a bit back in time, but the idea to let the community decide is really good and I don't care much about a few days delay.
April 01, 2018, 08:55:28 AM
You are now able to vote for or against the ZeroCoin update. Please do not forget to participate. A full tutorial on how to vote and the vote itself can be found at : https://governance.alqo.org/current
Activity: 202
Merit: 24
March 31, 2018, 02:26:03 PM
Hey guys - the new communtiy weekly is out. Check it out and dont forget to put your address+tweet in the commet section to take part in the next weeks giveaway
Obviously I am covering the update delay - had not too much time to prepare so please dont punch me for looking too often to my notes ;-)

https://youtu.be/Lq2O90EeemM
March 31, 2018, 10:53:42 AM
Update:

Attention: Please participate in the vote for the zerocoin update, which starts in around 24 hours! Read the and join the discussion at Discord.
Participate here: https://governance.alqo.org/current
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
March 31, 2018, 10:01:54 AM
The importance of upcoming vote should be emphasized!

Implementation of zerocoin feature is going to be a crucial milestone for the whole ALQO planetary system and consequences of the voting reach far future of the project itself. With all my knowledge of zerocoin protocol I am going to vote for ALQO without zerocoin, at least under these circumstances. I would like to see Bitfineon as fully compliant exchange with broad ALQO support - and this seems to be possible only if ALQO does not turn to a "privacy coin".

Help the project to make the right decision, spread a word!
March 31, 2018, 09:18:22 AM
So, here are new announcements: https://kryptocal.com/event/16799/daemon-v3-1

And according to what Kevin from the dev team said in discord, there will be a vote from april 1st 12:00 UTC till april 3rd 11:59 UTC about the implementation of the zerocoin protocol. This seems also to be the reason the updates got delayed, since there seem to be new regulations from the EU regarding "privacy coins" and anti-money-laundering rules and the dev team obviously wants to keep ALQO legal. Also Bitfineon would get into trouble if they would list coins not following the new guidelines i guess. This is the correct way to go IMHO.

Some official statement in the thread would still be nice though  Wink
Activity: 98
March 31, 2018, 07:14:25 AM
I'm really looking forward to see the new updates Smiley
Let's hope the team can stick to the schedule.
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
March 29, 2018, 06:38:29 PM
Earn 0.10 to 0.25 BTC per day joining the newest Masternode coin

Click Here!

(never invest more then that you are willing to loose)

Reported to Moderator. Get off the ALQO ANN. No one click this link. They can advertise on their own ANN. It smells of scam and these are ways that people get others out of their btc . . . be wary guys.
March 29, 2018, 04:44:37 PM
Hi, do you have an explorer ?

Of course there is an ALQO block explorer: https://explorer.alqo.org/overview

and @infinity_times_nil

You are right. It is kind of strange for a team that is great on delivering on time and keeping the community up to date to miss the release. But i have faith in the dev team to keep us in the loop on what is going on. Afterall it could just be something profane as the flu, keeping them from working Undecided
Activity: 36
Merit: 2
March 29, 2018, 04:14:26 PM
Hi, do you have an explorer ?
Pages:
Jump to: