Pages:
Author

Topic: deprecated thread. - page 25. (Read 91727 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
April 17, 2018, 01:56:56 AM
This is the latest update from their discord:

We are making progess and might be able to return all services within the next hours.

Trading will be enabled once we can guarantee the chain is stable again.

We will keep you updated.

We thank you for your understanding and appreciate the support.

Currently all wallets have problem connecting to peers since there are many peers that are not up to date!
We were able to finish our internal tests and came to the result that the chain is on a good way to get stable again.

I suggest everyone to download the latest QT-Wallet (v3.2.0.1-0c72e08-dirty).
You can find the specified version here: https://builds.alqo.org/

Also we've made some minor changes to the Official Hosting Webinterface allowing you to "Reindex" your masternode via the webinterface.
If you can't see the "Reindex" button right next to the "Restart" button it might take up a few hours for the changes to apply to your server/interface.

If your masternode/daemon get's out of the track I suggest using the reindex as a first solution to fix it.

We might be able to reactive trading within the next days and thank everyone for your understanding and patience.

In the name of the whole team I want to say thank you for all the great words that reached us within these last days. We appreciate everyone and read everyone's message however it's sometimes hard for us to answer ever single one of you due to the lack of time.
THANK YOU!

Have a great evening/night.

Greetings
Kevin

PS: Due to some network caching you might see masternodes online for a few days already. This is just the network cache and it will be cleared our within the next few days.
Our ETA for the blockchain to be in a completly stable and errorless state is around 19th april.
However, sending and receiving ALQO is safe already
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
April 17, 2018, 01:46:44 AM
Well, i agree. It was not the good way to go and just do the changes without a vote (especially when claiming 100% governance). ANY IMPORTANT changes to the system must go through a vote now IMO. Otherwise you get the problems, we got now with angry miners and confused MN owners regarding updates and downtimes of their MNs, which leads to uncertainty and stress that could have been avoided.

I will oppose you in this case. A chainsplit is a very specific emergency situation which requires immediate and decisive action. In my opinion, team followed through correctly, they took all necessary steps to clear the situation and make the blockchain run. Voting would probably lead to delayed solution, further continuation of splitted chains, losses for miners and even bigger disappointment among MN holders.

It has been hard time for ALQO but it remains strong. Another voting after the dust settles is a great decision.

The next vote should be who to remove from the team.

100% Governance right?
April 17, 2018, 01:37:23 AM

We are making progess and might be able to return all services within the next hours.

Currently all wallets have problem connecting to peers since there are many peers that are not up to date!

First they blamed me
Then they blamed the pools
Next they blamed the peers.

Activity: 173
Merit: 13
April 16, 2018, 09:02:26 PM
error -3: mining was disabled.

Does the new chain only allow mining in official mine pools?
yes , they disable for a short time... please contact the team on discord.

Why can we still excavate, is this unfair?
Activity: 400
Merit: 101
April 16, 2018, 03:01:54 PM
Not one exchange is still not working. When the promise to fix it?
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
April 16, 2018, 11:34:52 AM

addnodes from here and will be all good.

https://explorer.alqo.org/api/addNodes
April 16, 2018, 11:32:38 AM

yes , they disable for a short time... please contact the team on discord.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
April 16, 2018, 10:07:15 AM
What is considered referral code spam? One of those full on advertising posts with referral codes all over it like were posted when tradehill opened? What if it's a little more subtle? What about low content posts with the code in the signature?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is there any reason to not just fully ban referral codes? They're mostly just spam and don't really benefit the forum any. And then it'd be a clear enforceable line.

Just a thought.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
April 16, 2018, 10:05:06 AM

Activity: 224
Merit: 21
April 16, 2018, 09:06:31 AM
Form Discord

Activity: 658
Merit: 108
April 16, 2018, 09:05:15 AM
Well, i agree. It was not the good way to go and just do the changes without a vote (especially when claiming 100% governance). ANY IMPORTANT changes to the system must go through a vote now IMO. Otherwise you get the problems, we got now with angry miners and confused MN owners regarding updates and downtimes of their MNs, which leads to uncertainty and stress that could have been avoided.

I will oppose you in this case. A chainsplit is a very specific emergency situation which requires immediate and decisive action. In my opinion, team followed through correctly, they took all necessary steps to clear the situation and make the blockchain run. Voting would probably lead to delayed solution, further continuation of splitted chains, losses for miners and even bigger disappointment among MN holders.

It has been hard time for ALQO but it remains strong. Another voting after the dust settles is a great decision.

Before the update there was no chainsplit and i am not quite sure why they had to release the update as fast as they did. They did remove the zerocoin protcoll from the update befor releasing it, but they could have done the vote before the update or am I wrong there?

Another topic: the newly released alqo-qt.exe https://github.com/ALQOCRYPTO/ALQO/releases/ is not syncing with the blockchain.The block explorer is also under maintainance and i have no idea if my MN is running. This is very annoying.

edit: new qt.exe is syncing now, after i deleted everything except: qt.exe, wallet.da and masternode.conf and restarted.

The update that changed payout structure (in favour of MN holders) was released as a response to strong bearish pressure on price (some other reasons also applied). Theoretically, you are right, there could have been voting before the original update.

This is standard situation after sidechain/splitchain attempts. Official pool will eventually fix the original blockchain, and explorer will be refreshed. You can check the deamon if your MN is running. It could have been much worse .. 
April 16, 2018, 05:36:11 AM

Activity: 182
Merit: 12
April 16, 2018, 05:17:14 AM

Before the update there was no chainsplit and i am not quite sure why they had to release the update as fast as they did. They did remove the zerocoin protcoll from the update befor releasing it, but they could have done the vote before the update or am I wrong there?

Another topic: the newly released alqo-qt.exe https://github.com/ALQOCRYPTO/ALQO/releases/ is not syncing with the blockchain.The block explorer is also under maintainance and i have no idea if my MN is running. This is very annoying.

edit: new qt.exe is syncing now, after i deleted everything except: qt.exe, wallet.da and masternode.conf and restarted.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
April 16, 2018, 05:04:48 AM

Activity: 182
Merit: 12
April 16, 2018, 03:52:06 AM
April 16, 2018, 03:11:30 AM

Did you change the chain without receiving any notice? ? ? My mine pool has a lot of hash
April 15, 2018, 10:51:43 PM
more news about exchnages? and how is the network status?
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
April 15, 2018, 06:58:33 PM
Update from discord:

Statement: 14th. April Issue - Dual Chainsplit, Wrong updating

Today, while we were having our update, some pools did not properly update, which made us ending up with 3 different Blockchains.
The main Blockchain was stuck at Block 225000 - for several hours, while 2 split chains were running. High hashrates on the wrong Pools made our Masternodes and Wallets, switch to one of the corrupt Blockchains.

We have now wiped out other Blockchains and took over our own Blockchain with the urgent update.
Please follow instructions stated by @Kevin "pixelz" Collmer in order to update your wallets and masternodes properly.

We will soon work together with the exchanges to bring things back to normal. We would still suggest you not to send any alqo around until we give you green lights.

To Pool Owners/Miners:
We know we made some Miners angry with the last updates in reward allocation, but this is not the way how to fix issues, this hurts a lot of investors, and also your mining source.
If you are not sure how to update your pool, feel free to contact us, BEFORE the update is due, next time.

I do agree that this is not the right way to go about it, but like i mentioned before, this coin wouldn't be shit without the miners. the miners are responsible for creating and contribute considerably in maintaining the integrity of the platform. then without a vote, they turned around and fucked them all. Where is the decentralization in that. POW just showed you who really matter. Take care.

Well anyway that helped no one. Sure it was a important decision  without a vote, but the biggest holders would still have voted in their favor

i agree aswell , anyway later or soon will be an VOTE for POS or keep POW witch is the same with the rewards..

Why do you think that. They didn't do a vote for this debacle.

"100% Governance"

so lets recap..
the coin isnt really %100 governance anymore,
the devs made a half-baked decision to fuck the miners so they could increase their masternode rewards
it backfired big time.
what is this amateur hour?

they might as well go 100% PoS right now. like I said before they pushed the update, they would lose all their hashrate - and look what happened.
Nobody will mine alqo for the current reward, its a slap in the face to the miners who helped establish this coin's SECURE network.

April 15, 2018, 06:45:48 PM
Update from discord:

Today, while we were having our update, some pools did not properly update, which made us ending up with 3 different Blockchains.
The main Blockchain was stuck at Block 225000 - for several hours, while 2 split chains were running. High hashrates on the wrong Pools made our Masternodes and Wallets, switch to one of the corrupt Blockchains.

We have now wiped out other Blockchains and took over our own Blockchain with the urgent update.
Please follow instructions stated by @Kevin "pixelz" Collmer in order to update your wallets and masternodes properly.

We will soon work together with the exchanges to bring things back to normal. We would still suggest you not to send any alqo around until we give you green lights.

To Pool Owners/Miners:
We know we made some Miners angry with the last updates in reward allocation, but this is not the way how to fix issues, this hurts a lot of investors, and also your mining source.
If you are not sure how to update your pool, feel free to contact us, BEFORE the update is due, next time.

I do agree that this is not the right way to go about it, but like i mentioned before, this coin wouldn't be shit without the miners. the miners are responsible for creating and contribute considerably in maintaining the integrity of the platform. then without a vote, they turned around and fucked them all. Where is the decentralization in that. POW just showed you who really matter. Take care.

Well anyway that helped no one. Sure it was a important decision  without a vote, but the biggest holders would still have voted in their favor

i agree aswell , anyway later or soon will be an VOTE for POS or keep POW witch is the same with the rewards..

Why do you think that. They didn't do a vote for this debacle.

"100% Governance"
April 15, 2018, 06:40:38 PM
Update from discord:

To Pool Owners/Miners:

Pages:
Jump to: