Pages:
Author

Topic: [Development]SatoshiRat - a bitcoin game - page 2. (Read 12421 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 14
January 03, 2014, 10:17:31 AM
Happy new year !

I changed the Random Number Generator today.

One data that nobody can precompute or know before a game is the timestamp when a transaction is included in a block.
I decided to add this info also in the algorithm.

In this way the last player(or any other player), even if he somehow hacks or know the server seed, still cannot compute in advance anything because the last piece of the puzzle for all rats will be the timestamp his transaction will be included in a block.
December 22, 2013, 06:42:48 AM
Everybody can check their rolls or other's rolls to ensure the game is fair for everybody.

I'm sorry, but I believe it's not provably fair at all.

What prevent you, with a shill account, to change your own seed at the last moment, trying several ones until you know it gives you a result that you like? This can be done automatically in microseconds and other players cannot tell that this was not a "normal" last moment seed change.

You don't got your own seed. There is just a server seed that changes once every 10 games. A hash of this seed is provided to know the seed does not change.
Once the 10th game is played, instantly the server seed is revealed for everybody to compute their past speeds(and the other players' speeds) and the new seed is generated and the hash for it provided(this is done also instantly).

This seed cannot be changed on the fly cause then the hash wouldn't mach and again the last 10 games wouldn't mach.

The algorithm uses data from the new race, so someone that wants to cheat need to know in advance the exact rats that will take place in a race, what race id and of course the server seed. So only the last player that enters the race has any chance of cheating.
The server seed is impossible to get cause nobody has access to the code except me, or someone could hack the server to get it, but the gain is so small i don't know if it worth the trouble to try.

Anyway another defense is that everything is in the open, history of all games is provided and everything is on the blockchain so anyone can look.
On the blockchain you can see the order the players entered in the race and so you can look at the last players to enter the race to check if they won more or not.

Any idea of another data feed that can be used for the RNG that is impossible to know by anyone only at the start of the race is welcomed.

thx

Activity: 770
Merit: 250
December 21, 2013, 10:09:55 PM
This should have more players! It just doesn't work if there is a race every few days. Maybe you should drop the requirement for five rats?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
December 21, 2013, 10:01:43 PM
Everybody can check their rolls or other's rolls to ensure the game is fair for everybody.

I'm sorry, but I believe it's not provably fair at all.

What prevent you, with a shill account, to change your own seed at the last moment, trying several ones until you know it gives you a result that you like? This can be done automatically in microseconds and other players cannot tell that this was not a "normal" last moment seed change.
December 10, 2013, 04:08:11 AM
new players needed!
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
November 06, 2013, 10:26:30 AM
Great idea, will try it.
November 01, 2013, 08:00:50 AM
For you guys that are using Mac OS with http://grabhive.com/ wallet an app is available:

https://github.com/hivewallet/hiveapp-satoshirat
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 30, 2013, 09:22:13 AM
Great update!
September 30, 2013, 09:09:10 AM
made another major update

I studied the way just-dice and satoshidice makes their provable randoms and implemented something similar to satoshirat as well.

More info on satoshirat.com.

For this i had to change the way speeds are drawn to a DnD fashion roll.

A level 1 rat will run by default with 10+d21.

The order of the rats is determined now by their average speed which is 2*s1*s2/(s1+s2).

Enjoy!

copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 16, 2013, 11:22:32 AM
I've done this update.
A rat draws 2 speed, one for the first part, the other for the second part of the runway. The rat with the greatest sum of both speed is the winner.

To ensure compatibility with past races, the second speed is considered the same as the original speed.

Also the runway is almost double in length.
Sounds and looks good. Well done!
September 16, 2013, 10:41:14 AM
I've done this update.
A rat draws 2 speed, one for the first part, the other for the second part of the runway. The rat with the greatest sum of both speed is the winner.

To ensure compatibility with past races, the second speed is considered the same as the original speed.

Also the runway is almost double in length.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 12, 2013, 04:10:22 PM
I've got a new idea.

What say if the runway is a bit longer and for each rat to draw two speeds, one for the first half of the runway, the other for the last half.

This way more drama will be added to the race.
I think that is a great idea! A fast rat could still lose at the second part and a slow rat could still win at the second part.
September 12, 2013, 03:59:22 PM
I've got a new idea.

What say if the runway is a bit longer and for each rat to draw two speeds, one for the first half of the runway, the other for the last half.

This way more drama will be added to the race.
September 10, 2013, 02:32:57 PM
Using Inputs.IO is not possible on your website, because the payment will be send from a random address and not one that he owns/controls. As far as I know.

Thx, this is what i wanted to know.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 10, 2013, 12:09:24 PM
Using Inputs.IO is not possible on your website, because the payment will be send from a random address and not one that he owns/controls. As far as I know.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
September 10, 2013, 09:49:23 AM
could u pm me your email i cant pm to you i maded my max pm's a day
September 10, 2013, 10:03:01 AM
could u pm me your email i cant pm to you i maded my max pm's a day

sure

There is a small issue with a payment

https://blockchain.info/tx/eb4bec0486469f74cbf016904fa106dd20b2c3e68da0f1dd4c181ff1819179e5

on short vosjes22 used inputs.io wallet to send from 1PkPaFikavMLs6qfk4JbQncsRDtr7D1f2M
but that address does not appear in the inputs of the transaction.

i did not credited the games yet, i'll wait some more for some clarifications on pm.

September 07, 2013, 04:10:09 PM
In the days to come i'll work some more on the graphics of the site, to make it more appealing for the people that value that Cheesy
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 07, 2013, 05:25:47 AM
Does anyone want to play? We are waiting for 1 more level 3+ rat. (And 3 level 1 rats). Go and try your luck!
September 05, 2013, 04:34:28 PM
I've posted an augmentation giveaway.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/giveaway-satoshirat-288531

Enjoy!!
Pages:
Jump to: