Pages:
Author

Topic: [Development]SatoshiRat - a bitcoin game - page 5. (Read 12423 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 14
August 31, 2013, 02:37:52 AM
For people who are not into doping: if I pay now for 10 races, will my rat run as soon as it could, even with health 1 or is there a way to make it wait to join the next race until it is 100%fit again?

There would still be an incentive to pay for steroids, to level up your rat faster to be more competitive.

Still with the 4 levels difference setting, everyone but the first 4 players will be at a disadvantage the whole time.

For now the rat runs as soon as possible.
But i think i will do something similar of what you said.
Maybe the rat to stop running if his health or stamina is below 75% and no bribed has been payed.
I think this is the best option. Maybe below 80%. We have to decide the percentage.

In other news:
I put on each rat page how many bribes and how much he's owner payed for them.
On the rat list i took out the bribes from computations to better reflect the mechanics of the game.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
August 31, 2013, 02:15:10 AM
For people who are not into doping: if I pay now for 10 races, will my rat run as soon as it could, even with health 1 or is there a way to make it wait to join the next race until it is 100%fit again?

There would still be an incentive to pay for steroids, to level up your rat faster to be more competitive.

Still with the 4 levels difference setting, everyone but the first 4 players will be at a disadvantage the whole time.

Edit:
I'd also like to see the list of the next racers, now its even impossible to guess from the rat overview who will still race.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 30, 2013, 02:23:05 PM
Idea: Maybe it would be a good idea to start a race if there aren't 5 people after a full hour of waiting. Sometimes I need to wait hours for that fifth person Tongue

They aren't people; they're rats!  Huh
Hahaha. You know what I mean Tongue
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
August 30, 2013, 01:44:19 PM
Idea: Maybe it would be a good idea to start a race if there aren't 5 people after a full hour of waiting. Sometimes I need to wait hours for that fifth person Tongue

They aren't people; they're rats!  Huh
August 30, 2013, 06:36:01 AM

For the time being i'll keep the 5 rats race
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 30, 2013, 05:08:17 AM
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 30, 2013, 05:04:33 AM
I implemented the barrier between levels. I made it 4.

This means a player level 1 can go into battle with max a player level 5.
A player level 2 with a player max level 6
and so on
That sounds good to me. You will most likely lose a bit at the beginning but as you go one you win more and more. (Almost sounds like a Ponzi ;p)
August 30, 2013, 05:03:19 AM
I implemented the barrier between levels. I made it 4.

This means a player level 1 can go into battle with max a player level 5.
A player level 2 with a player max level 6
and so on
August 30, 2013, 12:50:00 AM
How are you determining who wins in case of a tie on speed? I've lost every single tie so far.

Experience. The one with the greater experience wins.
vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
August 29, 2013, 09:11:31 PM
How are you determining who wins in case of a tie on speed? I've lost every single tie so far.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 29, 2013, 06:00:54 PM
Don't forget to add this to the list. I think it would make the game even better:
- Live updates
- 1-vs-1 rooms
- Rooms with higher value bets

1-vs-1 rooms would be nice with special attacks or items in your command the opponent doesnt know you have before the fight.
I prefer just racing Tongue
Maybe add an option that the player can choose if they want a normal race or a "special" race with items and such.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2013, 05:59:21 PM
I think this game has great potential, especially because you can add more option on how players can impact the outcome of a race. Some suggestions:

- snip -

just some ideas to make this more interesting!

ooaa, nice things, now i have something to dream at night.
Don't forget to add this to the list. I think it would make the game even better:
- Live updates
- 1-vs-1 rooms

1-vs-1 rooms would be nice with special attacks or items in your command the opponent doesnt know you have before the fight.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 29, 2013, 05:38:27 PM
I think this game has great potential, especially because you can add more option on how players can impact the outcome of a race. Some suggestions:

- snip -

- Live updates
- 1-vs-1 rooms
August 29, 2013, 05:35:33 PM

- Set out some prices for each race that are selected randomly from all prices available, some prices will be more or less rare and useful so the incentive to win that particular race is higher or lower and will encourage players to use more or less of their ressources to win

- Introduce items that impact the outcome of races, like extra steroids, boosts, slow downs for competing rats, rat poison, mouse traps, special food for between the races to develop the stats of your rat,..

- Increase player engagement by allowing them to trigger items (one time use) or item effects (multiple use or permanent effect) during or between races

- Allow commands to attack certain rats during the game or afterwards (poison them or have your rat fight them) to take out competition

- Make building stats more interesting by adding more stats or ways to improve, reduce them.

- Make race parcours diverse by including random effects, like weather, traps, cats or similar obstacles that impact the outcome of a game.

- Add a shop system

- Add trading of items between players

- Add other creatures, like cockroaches, spiders, cats, worms or similar with different abilities to compete against each other in addition to rats

August 29, 2013, 05:24:28 PM
What happens when my rat runs out of health and/or stamina? Will it die although I bribe?

No, he cannot go below 1 health and 1 stamina no matter what you do, and when he has that he will run with exactly 10 speed.
If you pay bribe the rat will run as a normal healty rat, but at the end of the race he will get back to his unhealth extremly tired state.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 29, 2013, 05:24:15 PM
I hard coded a limit of maximum 3 games per turn that can take place in the same time. The rest will start the next turn.

If in the future there will be too much game that waits, i'll increase this limit. But for now i think 3 is ok.
I noticed that. Really liked it! Do the rats still get the +9 health and +11 stamina between those 3 races?

Quick question. If I send 0.509 BTC to that address. Would that mean that I get 50 games and 50 bribes? Because according to the documentation, I think I should. Am I right or just a complete idiot? Tongue

Health and stamina are always credited and the start of the turn, right before races are set up, so yes because a turn will pass between races your rat will heal.

0.509BTC i think it will work as i said, i never thought one can be mad enough to do such a bet.
I see and I'm a mad man. Just wanted to be sure ;p
August 29, 2013, 05:21:10 PM
I hard coded a limit of maximum 3 games per turn that can take place in the same time. The rest will start the next turn.

If in the future there will be too much game that waits, i'll increase this limit. But for now i think 3 is ok.
I noticed that. Really liked it! Do the rats still get the +9 health and +11 stamina between those 3 races?

Quick question. If I send 0.509 BTC to that address. Would that mean that I get 50 games and 50 bribes? Because according to the documentation, I think I should. Am I right or just a complete idiot? Tongue

Health and stamina are always credited and the start of the turn, right before races are set up, so yes because a turn will pass between races your rat will heal.

0.509BTC i think it will work as i said, i never thought one can be mad enough to do such a bet.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
August 29, 2013, 05:20:45 PM
Why does my rat loose stamina and health which each race although I added bribes for 10 races in advance?

It currently has something like 80/130 Health and 90/130 Stamina. It says Pending Games: 4, Pending Bribes 4

The rat still losses health and stamina like a normal rat, but because of the bribe at the start of the game that is ignored and the rat wiil run with full health and stamina. He can achieva maximum speed like a healthy rat. At he end of the race, the rat goes back to normal and even losses the health and stamina for that game, so it will get even more damaged.

Let's say you race in 5 games, first 3 are bribed, the other ones not. The 4th will start with your rat damaged and tired.

I hope i was clear.
Oh I see! Now I get it :3 Maybe add that to the bribe section?
@Above, I hope not Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2013, 05:20:32 PM
Why does my rat loose stamina and health which each race although I added bribes for 10 races in advance?

It currently has something like 80/130 Health and 90/130 Stamina. It says Pending Games: 4, Pending Bribes 4

The rat still losses health and stamina like a normal rat, but because of the bribe at the start of the game that is ignored and the rat wiil run with full health and stamina. He can achieva maximum speed like a healthy rat. At he end of the race, the rat goes back to normal and even losses the health and stamina for that game, so it will get even more damaged.

Let's say you race in 5 games, first 3 are bribed, the other ones not. The 4th will start with your rat damaged and tired.

I hope i was clear.

What happens when my rat runs out of health and/or stamina? Will it die although I bribe?
August 29, 2013, 05:15:26 PM

I hope i was clear.
Pages:
Jump to: