Pages:
Author

Topic: Diablo Mining Company will never buy Butterfly Labs hardware - page 2. (Read 10871 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
This is an insurance product that will pay out either in the situation that BFL ships 25 units, or that they do not ship 25 units, depending on which insurance you buy.

Great. So if it wasn't bad enough that some moderators seemingly have no sense of objectivity, we now have a moderator endorsing and organizing gambling ?

Diablo, it's time to step down. Your jimmies are way too rustled over all this BFL stuff.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author
Why did you post that you are now waiting for 25 BFl SC Units ?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1016511

I didn't.

This is an insurance product that will pay out either in the situation that BFL ships 25 units, or that they do not ship 25 units, depending on which insurance you buy.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
I would love a popcorn maker asic.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Why did you post that you are now waiting for 25 BFl SC Units ?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1016511
Activity: 504
Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

Oh, that reminds me...
I wonder if they'd be willing, in addition to the coffee warmer, make one with 2 or 4 asics in it, that doubles as a hot-air popcorn popper... .. .

Or I'm sure a ceramic-coated, PFC-free, metal pan would act as a pretty tremendous heat-sink for use as an oil-based popping solution.

Either way, I think you are onto something with ASIC-based popcorn makers.

I would buy at least one Wink I'm sure the guys over at /r/subredditdrama would buy them in droves.

The BitWok! For those of us who love our stir-fry...

-- Smoov
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Oh, that reminds me...
I wonder if they'd be willing, in addition to the coffee warmer, make one with 2 or 4 asics in it, that doubles as a hot-air popcorn popper... .. .

Or I'm sure a ceramic-coated, PFC-free, metal pan would act as a pretty tremendous heat-sink for use as an oil-based popping solution.

Either way, I think you are onto something with ASIC-based popcorn makers.

I would buy at least one Wink I'm sure the guys over at /r/subredditdrama would buy them in droves.
Activity: 504
Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

Oh, that reminds me...

-- Smoov
Activity: 336
Uh, or they changed their plans from using fpga sometime between announcing SC and announcing future ASIC products? If I'm remembering right the mini-rig is a bit shrunken from initial announcement specs, suggesting that trying to get more BFL fpga units into a reasonably managed single unit would be quite a difficult engineering challenge.

Edit: Looks like my memory was correct, originally they announced 50GH/s at ~$25000. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.638003

Was it really known back then that the 'super computer' product was in fact a future asic or did that happen later?
Nothing specific was mentioned about it other than the name. From the inception of the website, there were always 3 products showing.

Yeah, that is what I remember as well. I guess I just assumed that the super computer was just a bigger rig-box Wink  for more money, heh.

Originally it may have been that, but times change...

The point it they've been working on the asic for a year or more.
Activity: 991
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.

Where's the proof?

Huh? What you need proof for?

Or do you take issue with 'working on'.

I'll change that for 'planning'. Happier now?
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

Where's the proof?
legendary
This is not OK.
Was it really known back then that the 'super computer' product was in fact a future asic or did that happen later?
Nothing specific was mentioned about it other than the name. From the inception of the website, there were always 3 products showing.

Yeah, that is what I remember as well. I guess I just assumed that the super computer was just a bigger rig-box Wink  for more money, heh.

legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

Yeah, that is what I remember as well. I guess I just assumed that the super computer was just a bigger rig-box Wink  for more money, heh.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
legendary
This is not OK.
IIRC BFL started advertising their SC products (without revealing they were ASICs) at least 6 months ago. Assuming they have been working on them for that long, they will have put 10 months of work in them by October.

It was WAY before that.

Their 'Super Computer' products were advertised right next to the single and rig-box from the outset.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
IIRC BFL started advertising their SC products (without revealing they were ASICs) at least 6 months ago. Assuming they have been working on them for that long, they will have put 10 months of work in them by October.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
d3 wants to be trusted with money... i would rather trust bfl, and i would rather fuck myself with a cactus than trust bfl...

That can be tough to reach and get any leverage.  You may need some help with that.  I have just the thing.

But yes, donating to the neo-nazi youth is worse than giving to bfl or asking me to help you cram a cactus in your daddy pleaser.

Quoted because reeses is a pussy that deletes his posts.
legendary
Activity: 1162
DiabloMiner author
Pages:
Jump to: