Pages:
Author

Topic: DiabloMiner GPU Miner - page 16. (Read 866226 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
May 14, 2012, 06:57:25 PM
Just reporting in that after I upgraded to the latest DiabloMiner, on both my Windows and Linux machines the miner starts as usual.. adding the devices and then hashing away.. However, shares are never submitted.  I walked away for a while and saw that in fact no shares had been submitted to eligius.  For proof check out: http://eligius.st/~artefact2/7/1AXiiwR4aYktPKMBMsZaP1untDgN9T8FfX

Edit: Found an older DiabloMiner and reverted (it does not include the 2 latest commits), back to mining.

I cannot reproduce that bug. BTW, I've dropped OpenCL 1.0 support, so if you're on SDK 2.1... don't do that. DM is supposed to detect if you're on 1.0 and refuse to use those devices, too. Well, assuming I coded that test right.

I am on Catalyst 12.4 and the SDK that is included with the drivers.  Radeon 5870s/5850s in both boxes (CentOS/Windows 7).  If there is anything I can do to help you possibly pinpoint the problem I am all ears.  Basically diablominer adds the OpenCL devices then starts hashing away at only god knows what.. and never submits shares, all whilst hashing at full speed and making my GPUs waste energy.

The hash meter has a number above zero, right? I'm wondering if Windows has a driver bug that Linux doesn't, because I'm on Linux /w Catalyst 12.4 using the runtime that comes with the drivers, and I can't reproduce it.

Yes the hashrate is at full speed, causing 100% gpu usage on all gpus.  This happens on 2 separate systems, both with catalyst 12.4 and the included sdk.  One system is windows and one is linux (CentOS).
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author
May 14, 2012, 06:33:58 PM
Just reporting in that after I upgraded to the latest DiabloMiner, on both my Windows and Linux machines the miner starts as usual.. adding the devices and then hashing away.. However, shares are never submitted.  I walked away for a while and saw that in fact no shares had been submitted to eligius.  For proof check out: http://eligius.st/~artefact2/7/1AXiiwR4aYktPKMBMsZaP1untDgN9T8FfX

Edit: Found an older DiabloMiner and reverted (it does not include the 2 latest commits), back to mining.

I cannot reproduce that bug. BTW, I've dropped OpenCL 1.0 support, so if you're on SDK 2.1... don't do that. DM is supposed to detect if you're on 1.0 and refuse to use those devices, too. Well, assuming I coded that test right.

I am on Catalyst 12.4 and the SDK that is included with the drivers.  Radeon 5870s/5850s in both boxes (CentOS/Windows 7).  If there is anything I can do to help you possibly pinpoint the problem I am all ears.  Basically diablominer adds the OpenCL devices then starts hashing away at only god knows what.. and never submits shares, all whilst hashing at full speed and making my GPUs waste energy.

The hash meter has a number above zero, right? I'm wondering if Windows has a driver bug that Linux doesn't, because I'm on Linux /w Catalyst 12.4 using the runtime that comes with the drivers, and I can't reproduce it.
May 14, 2012, 06:14:23 PM

legendary
DiabloMiner author
May 14, 2012, 07:48:58 AM

May 14, 2012, 07:09:09 AM

legendary
DiabloMiner author
May 12, 2012, 07:51:33 AM
hmm this is strange, after i restarted the miner it has no cpu usage in the beginning, but an increased memory usage of 118 mb and 115 mb.
After like 3 minutes the 5850 Miner was again at 25% cpu usage.

i also noticed that it was the diablo miner for the 5850 who was using 25% cpu usage and the 7870 was at 0%.

But as i was starting both up, i noticed that at the 5850 there is an line "BFI_INT patching enable ...." and on the 7870 it isnt.

this is my starting the D1 is the 7870

start DiabloMiner-Windows.exe -o localhost -r 9332 -D 1 -f 120
start DiabloMiner-Windows.exe -o localhost -r 9332 -D 2 -f 1

EDIT: chaning the f 1 to f 10 did the trick!

thanks for your help guys!

Theres most of your problem. Windows has a false CPU usage reading bug when programs sleep for very long times while interacting with device APIs. DiabloMiner wasn't actually using that much CPU time.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
May 11, 2012, 08:22:07 PM
hmm this is strange, after i restarted the miner it has no cpu usage in the beginning, but an increased memory usage of 118 mb and 115 mb.
After like 3 minutes the 5850 Miner was again at 25% cpu usage.

i also noticed that it was the diablo miner for the 5850 who was using 25% cpu usage and the 7870 was at 0%.

But as i was starting both up, i noticed that at the 5850 there is an line "BFI_INT patching enable ...." and on the 7870 it isnt.

this is my starting the D1 is the 7870

start DiabloMiner-Windows.exe -o localhost -r 9332 -D 1 -f 120
start DiabloMiner-Windows.exe -o localhost -r 9332 -D 2 -f 1

EDIT: chaning the f 1 to f 10 did the trick!

thanks for your help guys!
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
May 11, 2012, 08:16:28 PM
which is the command to tell the miner to use only a certian cpu core?

Thats a trick question, right? DiabloMiner uses 1% cpu or less typically.

not really, i have an java.exe usage of exactly 25% and 38 mb (i dont care about the memmory usage).
its not the 100% cpu bug, some light version of it xD
START "miner" /LOW /AFFINITY 1 diablominer.exe whatever

and yes, it is the same cpu bug. it's 100% on one core. if you got multiple miners, it's probably smart to dump all your miners into one core to reduce wasted processing power.
May 11, 2012, 07:59:43 PM

not really, i have an java.exe usage of exactly 25% and 38 mb (i dont care about the memmory usage).
its not the 100% cpu bug, some light version of it xD
legendary
DiabloMiner author
May 11, 2012, 07:40:22 PM

May 11, 2012, 06:10:53 PM
legendary
DiabloMiner author
May 11, 2012, 04:19:02 PM
Update: I forgot how awesome the OpenCL API is.

Also, re: previous update, I seem to be getting 1 extra mhash on my 7970 due to these changes. Glorious 676 mhash.
legendary
DiabloMiner author
May 11, 2012, 03:24:06 PM
Update: I've dropped loops and OpenCL 1.0 support. This should not be slower for anyone, and if it is, blame your drivers.
Activity: 27
May 04, 2012, 11:54:57 AM
I uninstalled 11.2, installed 12.3, installed the 3/11 DM and gives me the original Java error I posted originally.  Back to the Jan 23rd DM and 11.2 for now.  I have the error file if you want it.

Yeah, but you didn't rebuild your kernel module and reboot with it. 12.1 and up use a new one, I think AMD screwed up because Catalyst usually refuses to start up with any HW accel features if the wrong kernel module is loaded, 12.1 don't follow that behavior and its confusing for users.

Actually I think I did.  As soon as I get a chance I'll go redo it again.
legendary
DiabloMiner author
April 28, 2012, 04:57:33 PM
What driver is everyone using for the 7970's / 7xxx?

Whatevers newest, which is 12.4 on Windows, 12.3 on Linix.
Activity: 65
April 28, 2012, 01:40:16 PM
What driver is everyone using for the 7970's / 7xxx?
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
April 25, 2012, 04:07:21 PM
Quick question, in the Diablominer window, what is the MH/s display?  There is two values.  I have two cards, but I doubt I am breaking any records here so I assume something is not working quite right.  Using the new 12.4 driver, and even 12.2, 12.3, the display looks the same.

I checked the first couple pages and the last couple pages of this thread, and your wiki, and it doesn't give any indication.

Its on the op post. Left is 15 second average, right is forever average.

I still can't find it in the OP, but knowing the answer, I'm satisfied!  Thanks a bunch! Cheesy

Edit: and I fixed my low hashrate problem Smiley  yayyy!!
legendary
DiabloMiner author
April 25, 2012, 03:34:38 PM
Quick question, in the Diablominer window, what is the MH/s display?  There is two values.  I have two cards, but I doubt I am breaking any records here so I assume something is not working quite right.  Using the new 12.4 driver, and even 12.2, 12.3, the display looks the same.

I checked the first couple pages and the last couple pages of this thread, and your wiki, and it doesn't give any indication.

Its on the op post. Left is 15 second average, right is forever average.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
April 25, 2012, 03:29:38 PM
Current/Average speeds
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
April 25, 2012, 03:21:39 PM
Quick question, in the Diablominer window, what is the MH/s display?  There is two values.  I have two cards, but I doubt I am breaking any records here so I assume something is not working quite right.  Using the new 12.4 driver, and even 12.2, 12.3, the display looks the same.

Pages:
Jump to: