Pages:
Author

Topic: Did crypto become mainstream too early? - page 4. (Read 593 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem
Maybe we haven't become mainstream just yet, only people know about us now. Perhaps the real mainstream push will come in a year or two when we are able to use cryptos and the push in 2017 was a tester push. I could be wrong, but man wouldn't that be an even better ride if I were correct Wink.
Activity: 265
Merit: 11
I dont see that crypto would have became mainstream.

It certainly true, that it got REALLY hyped, as it could make great headlines.

If it would be mainstream, then it would mean that we would be using cryptos for real-world usages. Utility tokens are not yet that popular in the the Average Joe's life. If it happens, then we could say that it became mainstream.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Hear me out: I think we got too popular too fast. The normal person on the ground would expect to use crypto much more for daily-life transactions but this is not currently the case. Maybe we needed some more time for the technology to mature (no scaling issues, slow transactions, etc) THEN the normies come in. Right?

I disagree. Crypto will never be useable for daily-life transactions until it gets more traction. Nobody will want to build on crypto until it has a huge following. I'm afraid it doesn't go the other way around. The more people that use crypto today, the faster scaling technologies will be built and the faster we grow.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
This is a consequence for the world of cryptos, because society will easily realize that the use of transaction systems offered by cryptocurrency can be well received by everyone.

I do not think you have a slow mind and think popular cryptocurrency is too fast. With such rapid technological developments nowadays, everyone will have a great curiosity, coupled with the many people who benefit from cryptocurrency easily they will also use cryptocurrency.
Activity: 518
Merit: 16
bitcoin launched in 2009 and this is already 8 years passed, I think it makes sense. only true that last year the movement of cryptocurrency was too fast, so it is normal if this year to experience bad bleeding market repeatedly, this is very normal as a means of balancing before finally cryptocurrency will meet its glory peak. let's wait 1-2 years later
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
It is simply becoming known to certain people the word Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency and Digital money But I really think even if there are many well known stuff about Cryptocurrency many people are always thinking that it is just a scam and you will lose money more than gaining from it which is kind of truth in a little percentage of it, Well I really think it is OK for Cryptocurrecny to be involve in mainstream media but not in the bad side, So many people will really understand all the usefulness and may gain little knowledge about it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
Crypto is nowhere close to mainstream yet. Most people may have heard the name Bitcoin in news but very few understand what it does or own any. They do not know about most other cryptos in the same way so it will take some years before crypto is mainstream and people are buying coffee with crypto.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251

Hear me out: I think we got too popular too fast. The normal person on the ground would expect to use crypto much more for daily-life transactions but this is not currently the case. Maybe we needed some more time for the technology to mature (no scaling issues, slow transactions, etc) THEN the normies come in. Right?

I don't think we are near to even popular as yet. Yes, there was a huge influx of users in the late 2017 and a lot of media involvements but we are far far away to be considered as a mainstream. for the daily uses, it will take some time yet because as you mentioned we need to address scaling and other issues so that the normal users can use crypto easily.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
I think a lot of people heard about cryptocurrency but a liitle knowledge regarding on it. I believe we are still on a normal transition pace in the cryptocurrency industry wherein little by little we are growing and other countries are starting to use coins also.
Activity: 770
send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs
This problem constantly bothers me, but I did not formulate it. Now the crypto is a hype with FOMO and with panic. I would prefer quiet fundamental growth from the real implementation of crypto to life than sharp pumps&dumps.
Activity: 714
Merit: 257

It is maturing, and everything we have seen is normal in that process. You can use it as digital gold, as it is far superior to all other stores of value, and people havent even grasped that yet, let alone how superior it is for transacting over internet or remittances. It is not popular yet, but it will be
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
Crypto is very very far from being mainstream. The money all around the world is nearly hundred trillion dollars and crypto market is not even worth half of a trillion dollars. This is not negative because this means that our room for growth is still very wide.

I agreed, crypto still relatively niche or small at the moment. Crypto still short of some big names that can drive another level of craze/hype. At the moment, no one is enticed or has any urge to use crypto.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
Crypto is very very far from being mainstream. The money all around the world is nearly hundred trillion dollars and crypto market is not even worth half of a trillion dollars. This is not negative because this means that our room for growth is still very wide.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0

Isn't that what is currently happening? Crypto never became mainstream yet. December/January was but a taste of what is to come when it finally does go mainstream but it cannot go mainstream until the infrastructure is there to support it. It is still very early in this ride man.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
it is in no way mainstream. go ask 10 random people on the street if they have ever interacted with any cryptocurrency in any way and you would be lucky to find one who has. maybe you have to ask 100 to find one. i'm talking about outside of your circle of friends and family
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
Bitcoin wasn't that popular before because of it's price. It became known better and better because of it's price making people regret that they should've known or invested bitcoin earlier. Bitcoin didn't became mainstream too early because it took a lot of years before it's price went up like this and no one really expected this to happen. And speaking of technology in bitcoin, I think that will also continue to develop.
Activity: 72
Merit: 1
June 01, 2018, 09:54:40 AM
I somewhat agree that we are growing too fast. A classic example is the Dec 17 period where there is a parabolic run-up in BTC price due to increased awareness and advertisements via traditional news channel, etc. However, the technology is not mature for it to be adopted in the real-world, where there are many issues such as scaling, transaction fees, etc. The community must unite and grow and mature the cryptocurrency scene, point out potential scams, and together, we will all benefit!
Activity: 392
Merit: 13
June 01, 2018, 09:51:46 AM
It's not even close to mainstream yet.  the market is still projected to grow into the trillions.
Activity: 546
Merit: 251
June 01, 2018, 09:19:16 AM
if everyone knows and knows the crypto, then I'm sure its use will continue to increase and can create a high demand. it's just a matter of time and if everyone has benefited from crypto, then I'm sure crypto is more popular than it is today.

before success can be achieved, then there are many processes to go through, challenges, bans and all that takes time to get through it.
Activity: 476
June 01, 2018, 04:40:14 AM
I don't think we are mainstream yet, so its not too early.

All the average Joe's from Dec/Jan were just here to invest and try and make a fast buck, not to use the technology as a mainstream product.

This year has some great product releases on the blockchain so will be interesting to see how it fairs by December however.
Pages:
Jump to: