Pages:
Author

Topic: Did crypto become mainstream too early? - page 5. (Read 593 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 101
June 01, 2018, 04:21:48 AM

Hear me out: I think we got too popular too fast. The normal person on the ground would expect to use crypto much more for daily-life transactions but this is not currently the case. Maybe we needed some more time for the technology to mature (no scaling issues, slow transactions, etc) THEN the normies come in. Right?
I think so nowadays, not too many stores or services that accept cryptocurrency as payment but some Blockchain have problems such as slow transaction and scalability, this shows the unpreparedness of cryptocurrency for mass use in daily transactions, actually we can process transactions quickly by utilizing payment cards like TenX but it still has weaknesses such as limited transactions and fees
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
June 01, 2018, 04:21:08 AM

The normal person on the ground would expect to use crypto much more for daily-life transactions but this is not currently the case.
It's not the case for you but the fact that it can be use for daily transactions and it's real happening in the real world.

Bitcoin is not being used for everyday transactions (once a month from exchange to wallet is not everyday transaction. Only in few countries it is possible to go shoping only with bitcoin wallet, bet even there only minority use it). We have 200k transactions daily on bitcoin. Visa have 150 mil. With that amount transaction fees will be anormous.

Op - very interesting topic. I dont think bitcoin is that much popular yet. But you are right about it not beeing ready for massive adoption. But in Consensus 2018 it was topic nr 1 - creating user frendly environment for newbie user. Make him possible to transfer bitcoin to eth wallet without knowing its stupid (bitcoins will automatycaly be trade to eth). Becouse current user have to have knowledge to use crypto.

Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
June 01, 2018, 04:05:51 AM
Hear me out: I think we got too popular too fast.
I don't think so, bitcoin has started since 2009 and I guess it's starting to mature so it's also a decade few more months to go.

The normal person on the ground would expect to use crypto much more for daily-life transactions but this is not currently the case.
It's not the case for you but the fact that it can be use for daily transactions and it's real happening in the real world.

Maybe we needed some more time for the technology to mature (no scaling issues, slow transactions, etc) THEN the normies come in. Right?
The devs won't figure out the problems if we'll not let new comers to get in.

What crypto needs is easy-to-use apps and clients that even the dumbest user can use. (something like a crypto whatsapp that can be used to pay simply). Until then a majority won't be reached I'm afraid.
There are portable wallets that are in mobile which can easily use even the user isn't technically knowledgeable at it. There's no need to spoon feed them as we are in the tech world now where everything is starting to digitalize.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 856
June 01, 2018, 03:55:51 AM
Hear me out: I think we got too popular too fast. The normal person on the ground would expect to use crypto much more for daily-life transactions but this is not currently the case. Maybe we needed some more time for the technology to mature (no scaling issues, slow transactions, etc) THEN the normies come in. Right?
Where do you see the "normies"?
My experience is that many people have heard of BTC and crypto (due to the news coverage in the last bubble), but only a very small minority uses it or roughly knows how it works. What crypto needs is easy-to-use apps and clients that even the dumbest user can use. (something like a crypto whatsapp that can be used to pay simply). Until then a majority won't be reached I'm afraid.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
June 01, 2018, 02:37:19 AM

Pages:
Jump to: