Pages:
Author

Topic: Did you lose your confidence as an investor? - page 15. (Read 26496 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
December 31, 2018, 05:54:39 PM
I definitely have lost a bit of confidence in buying during the last few months where the price of BTC has continued to slip downwards, but I'm not going to completely stop buying in either. I'm still holding on to as many coins as I can afford to hold (most of my stash), but I still believe this is a prime time to buy in if you haven't started buying yet, especially if you're thinking about going into long-term storage and holding your coins for an extended period of time. The crypto fundamentals still haven't changed since we reached an ATH, however, and things are only going to improve from here.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
December 31, 2018, 05:50:58 PM
Despite the fact that this is long fall too, we had similar falls in past, recovery was always amazing. It's hard to say how well it will recover in near future but I strongly believe in 2020 we will see a huge rise and one reason of this for me is halving. Last rise was followed to halving, despite the fact that it wasn't immediate and took some months, it happened, have same hope in future.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
December 31, 2018, 03:07:15 PM
its too long for beginer investors holding their cryptocurrency asset.their psychology now down , and maybe this is be the last time for them to invest in this market.this condition make selection for profesional and amateurs investors.
I doubt that. As soon as the price goes back above the price people bought at, they will regret having sold their coins at a loss and will very likely fomo in again but hold tight this time will the price go down.

People need to be proven wrong, and the only way for them to be proven wrong is to see Bitcoin make new highs, which it eventually will. Patience is what we need and we have always been generously rewarded for that.

By nature most average people buy that what's going up, which also explains why they have taken a dive into pot stocks this year. Real companies, but the same level of speculation and pumps and dumps....
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
December 31, 2018, 02:36:27 PM
The sudden rise (from the very beginning of 2018) to fall (end of 2018 and still continuing), did you have the courage to hodl your coins and have your confidence intact just as before? Or did the extreme hustle of the bearish markets ended everything for you and even compelled you in such a way that you're now no more going to put anything in cryptocurrencies? Do you think this is an opportunity itself or is this going to end up hard in grave like most of the best ICO projects of whose tokens got dumped down to even 1/20th their ATH?

P.S.: This is just a poll, so don't take it as a measurement to decide whether to remain and/or invest in crypto or not.

Im not saying im not an investor since i have putted up some money came from my own wallet but generally most of my earnings is thru working so it doesnt really matter at all or would stress up too much
if crypto would go down its price to the floor.Yes, i have spend my time and effort but it would be entirely different to the situation if you are a heavy investor or shall we say millions of usd
been put up.

I cant blame if people would have such insights on losing confidence because we do have different inputs and beliefs when it comes to crypto tech.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
December 31, 2018, 12:53:46 PM
The sudden rise (from the very beginning of 2018) to fall (end of 2018 and still continuing), did you have the courage to hodl your coins and have your confidence intact just as before? Or did the extreme hustle of the bearish markets ended everything for you and even compelled you in such a way that you're now no more going to put anything in cryptocurrencies? Do you think this is an opportunity itself or is this going to end up hard in grave like most of the best ICO projects of whose tokens got dumped down to even 1/20th their ATH?

P.S.: This is just a poll, so don't take it as a measurement to decide whether to remain and/or invest in crypto or not.

Honestly, until 2 months ago there were enough coins / tokens that I sold because I already felt that the end of this year would not be better than before and indeed that is real evidence. Besides that, will I buy back the coin even now which is cheaper? I don't know, it's not mine, but if it's possible, I'll do it.

I really feel, as an investor and accompanied by the current market conditions is quite surprising and makes me lose confidence again.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
December 31, 2018, 11:44:29 AM

In the bear market, few investors want to risk ICO projects. because founders creating ICO projects are not always good. In the bear market, ICO projects will be very difficult to develop and they will face difficulties in many things, so they can also create ICO projects for fraud. I think investing in ICO projects is now very risky.
You make a sense statement because 90% of all crypto currencies investors have already lost their confidence in the market and this is why alot of people from the forum opened thread asking question about the status of crypto market and what the future have in stuck for the market.
Activity: 466
Merit: 100
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
December 31, 2018, 06:05:41 AM
I still believe in crypto even though some time ago I experienced defeat. But I'm sure the market will go up again and it's time to start my investment.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
December 31, 2018, 05:57:40 AM
It certainly does make my faith shaken, the falling is very drastic and from the chart, bitcoin support is kind of weak, but after I change my mindset for long term investment, and see the potential then I think it's a good time to buy more, but it maybe need more close up attention, need to pay more focus on the market and the chart
Activity: 770
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
December 31, 2018, 05:40:04 AM

In the bear market, few investors want to risk ICO projects. because founders creating ICO projects are not always good. In the bear market, ICO projects will be very difficult to develop and they will face difficulties in many things, so they can also create ICO projects for fraud. I think investing in ICO projects is now very risky.
Activity: 322
Merit: 43
December 31, 2018, 05:31:35 AM
As far as I am concerned, I did not lose confidence (only lost confidence in ETH  Tongue ), but you never lose, "you win or you learn" Smiley

And right now there is so many possible scenario for Bitcoin that I realize it is really hard to make a profit.
For example, since the peak at $4235 I see a correction in 5 waves, down to $3565, and then from there a pump to $4000, another wave down to $3600, and we could again head to $4100. And we go back down to a disappointing $3100 for a while before leaving this zone to go up again. But this means we are in this zone fr a while.
Apologies if it is not clear, just to say that it is becoming more and more unpredictable, even though I still personally believe we will be back to $6000 soon.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
December 31, 2018, 04:52:47 AM
well, of course I still believe in cryptocurrency. maybe now, the development is hampered because the price is quite low. however, I am sure, the development will continue to improve. maybe this is when bitcoin goes down, however, I am also convinced of its recovery.
The development will continue and more and more new interested investors will risk their money around this market, the industry will pursue and those who gave up will comeback and reinvest, this kind of assets needs a long term assessment trust and patience will be the key to survive and earned.
Activity: 784
Merit: 100
December 31, 2018, 04:35:18 AM
well, of course I still believe in cryptocurrency. maybe now, the development is hampered because the price is quite low. however, I am sure, the development will continue to improve. maybe this is when bitcoin goes down, however, I am also convinced of its recovery.
Activity: 636
Merit: 11
December 31, 2018, 04:05:30 AM
The true believers and enthusiasts of crypto are here to stay and not those fain hearted fomo newbies. They will just be pawns or prey of the whales and manipulators of the market.
yes you are right, only true investors are still here even though the market is not as stable as it is today. actually beginners or seniors can do all that and survive here if he has a sense of patience and is not easily panicked. believe that everything will come back again and the price will go up, just wait until when.
its too long for beginer investors holding their cryptocurrency asset.their psychology now down , and maybe this is be the last time for them to invest in this market.this condition make selection for profesional and amateurs investors.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
December 31, 2018, 03:13:40 AM
We need to look forward next year that the market will bring some sort of changes, might not be a new all-time-high, but at least higher or even top 5 digits again.
I hope your predictions will do come true Cheesy. Actually, I'm now starting to invest in eth because I feel that it will skyrocket in 2019 (I hope so). But to be safe, I will continue not not expecting for a huge pump. Less expectations, less pain

I'd say - don't you ever, and I mean it, never look for a pump anymore because these pumps had been one of the biggest reasons why this huge correction had occurred, the values went high last year due to sudden adoption and a lot more registrations for Bitcoin wallets everyday. When the craze ended, and as I said in OP that they had leverage trading available and shorting being another option to gain more for less, we had all our alts going negative due to people believing FUDs and FOMO of getting left behind in "selling" their stuff for the real money that they spent.

@Kemarit, even I'm waiting for BTC to break back the most-awaited 10k USD level (yeah, there was a lot more excitement when it was about to reach there) and go even higher, I think Bakkt is all it currently needs to go back to those values as it'll open a door to institutional investors to buy huge chunks of BTC (approx. 25 BTC per order) through contracts which would give a boost to the whole crypto economy.
Activity: 154
Merit: 24
The future of security tokens
December 31, 2018, 02:22:15 AM
But the fact still remains that even for those who've been long in the system,there are still occasional tests to their courage,and belief in investing in this network,its one thing to know that the bitcoin price is unpredictable,but it's another to handle a huge drop when ones investments are in there

Well investing in ICO's is far way more risky than in the bitcoin,as ICO investments can hardly be trusted.
But it's fair to be a stoic bitcoin believer
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
December 31, 2018, 02:11:10 AM
For those who have been in the game long enough to understand that the market works in cycle, I think this is just another test and I'm sure that majority of them hodl and then do short trading. However, for those who have bought at the tail end of the bullish trend, I'm sure their hopes and confidence are shattered
You're right! Even though I still considered myself new in crypto world, at least I can now understand the nature of crypto - how it works and how it behaves. I'm not scared anymore every time btc drops knowing the fact that I've already experienced worse before (during China's ban to ICO). Actually, price falldowns now excites me a lot unlike before and very different from the newbies/weak holders out there who knew nothing but to listen to FUDs and panic sell Grin.
We need to look forward next year that the market will bring some sort of changes, might not be a new all-time-high, but at least higher or even top 5 digits again.
I hope your predictions will do come true Cheesy. Actually, I'm now starting to invest in eth because I feel that it will skyrocket in 2019 (I hope so). But to be safe, I will continue not not expecting for a huge pump. Less expectations, less pain
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
December 31, 2018, 01:31:27 AM

Good question. I guess the answer depend on when do the investors entered crypto market. For those who have been in the game long enough to understand that the market works in cycle, I think this is just another test and I'm sure that majority of them hodl and then do short trading. However, for those who have bought at the tail end of the bullish trend, I'm sure their hopes and confidence are shattered and majority of them exited at around May-June and never came back. As I have said, this market works in cycle so I don't think its going to end up like most of the ICOs. We need to look forward next year that the market will bring some sort of changes, might not be a new all-time-high, but at least higher or even top 5 digits again.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 101
December 31, 2018, 01:09:25 AM
I am confident in the development of the cryptocurrency market, got a good profit for all the time working on it and continue to do it
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
December 31, 2018, 12:38:13 AM
The true believers and enthusiasts of crypto are here to stay and not those fain hearted fomo newbies. They will just be pawns or prey of the whales and manipulators of the market.
yes you are right, only true investors are still here even though the market is not as stable as it is today. actually beginners or seniors can do all that and survive here if he has a sense of patience and is not easily panicked. believe that everything will come back again and the price will go up, just wait until when.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
December 30, 2018, 11:30:33 PM
According to me, 76.2% of people are able to maintain their belief in the crypto market in the future and this will be our great investment opportunity. The deep price reduction of the coin is not too big a problem, as my observation this is a golden time to increase the accumulation of the market. I will choose to surf to increase the number of coins I hold

Glad to see you're taking it as an opportunity, and to my knowledge as well, BTC and alts will survive this bearish wave for sure. But I'm very much keen to know where did you get that number exactly? Or was it (76.2%) just an assumption? I believe we'll see the next rise during next halving, till then, I see no reason for BTC to reach those sky-high values back as investors are happy in making small bucks but big chunks of BTC through shorting.

That's true, faith is what crypto needs to have right now (and ever since crypto had been here, faith is all it had to give values to these coins based on their properties which mostly took their total supply into consideration). But, those whales still need us (the average investor) to remain involved as they have the power to hodl and wait for longer (even during worst) times for their investment to recover back.

No i never lose confidence as an investor because already i have many downfalls from 2012. In this market, we need to be very patience instead of bothering negative about the market. We need to have enough patience in order to make plenty of money in the long term.

Live your present mate, it's 2018, not those days anymore when just one person was enough to kill the markets with their one single press of the wrong button (dump!). They've got to choose from 2 options now to make money, and the best thing is, they can make money from both the sides. There's a reason why Bakkt is being delayed.
Pages:
Jump to: