Pages:
Author

Topic: Did you think alt coins can merge to only one coin? - page 5. (Read 514 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 109
All over the wold today they are discussion on blockchain technology. Can someone tell me if someday top economy or world power may consider bringing only one coin?

The only way you would merge them is to have an extra layer that will see them simmilar to how tokens on ethereum work with one databse. Although this is far ahead and I am not sure if something like this will ever be created. You wouldn't have one coin, never. There could be few of them such as bitcoin, ethereum that the massees will use mostly but others will exist as well. As I am reading things such as that tommorow everything will be tokenazied like your house could have it's tokens that represent it digitally and you could sell parts of owenerhsip or something I dubt that we are going to use only one.

Look at the world today we have many currencies and variaty is good in one sense as you can't stop people from creating their own version of crypto and using it between them.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
I hope it will though. Satoshi Nakamoto had a dream of making a currency that would probably make everything easier especially sending money through the globe faster with a lesser fee. Bitcoin was made to satisfy that need. But all other altcoins where made thereafter with different features satisfying different needs. It will be difficult to collate them altogether. But i guess not all developers are going to support that.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Can someone tell me if someday top economy or world power may consider bringing only one coin?
It's possible if everyone will agree to have one coin.

But that will be the death of altcoins and the coin that will be considered as the universal coin will be bitcoin. I don't exactly get what you mean by altcoins merging with another altcoin but I think that's possible.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
All over the wold today they are discussion on blockchain technology. Can someone tell me if someday top economy or world power may consider bringing only one coin?

No they will not because it will destroy the world economy if they did. The todays economy is defined by the fact that what trades and developments are going on within the specific country and thus on the global level it shows the differences between the different countries. These differences which you see is what creating todays economic circulation and liquidity between them thus giving each country's currency a different rate!

If you take out that and just give one coin to the whole world then how stuff will work? How there will be differences and thus how there will be liquidity in the economy? Everything will collapse I guess.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
I think that governments of different countries will act on their own interests, if one state wants to have a lot of coins, it will have a lot of coins, I think that all countries can not agree on this issue
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
each altcoin certainly has a different concept to the field of the project they develop. and I think it would be very difficult to make all types of altcoin to be one type of altcoin alone. unless from each of the current project developers will do a new idea and work together to create only one type of altcoin.
Activity: 252
Many coins are being invented in the market but a very small portion of this can survive. We don't think we have much choices apart from bitcoin and some famous altcoin. All these have different price range, project and technology. So i think this will not be possible to bring all alts into a single coin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 107
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
The crypto market and the global economy are constantly developing and I think that in a few years power can attract only one coin.
Activity: 238
There are many coins are available under altcoin. But their performance is not good enough. So i think these coins merge into one coin. Then it will be beneficial for them and customers also.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
I am sure that most of the altcoin ( probably 90/95%) won’t survive in the crypto market; although among 1.500 + coins there will be plenty of successful projects.

There are a few real altcoins that are alternatives to Bitcoin. Coins that survived the weeding out of scamcoin: coins that actually represent tech advancement.
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
All altcoins are associated with certain projects, work on different consensus models, serve different purposes. At the moment I do not see much sense and possibility in changing everything to one particular currency. It's like with fiat money - probably we could replace everything with one currency, for example, dollar or euro, but hardly ever anyone will agree to this, and if they do, what for?

However, we could combine various blockchains together to make working with them more convenient. Something like this is now being implemented by aion. As far as I know, they're creating the platform for communication and interaction between multiple private or public blockchain networks. It will be multi-tier blockchain network providing a protocol and standard for dissimilar systems so that one blockchain could transact with another blockchain.
Activity: 84
Pages:
Jump to: