Pages:
Author

Topic: Did you watch The<Star Wars: The Force Awakens> "? - page 3. (Read 2200 times)

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
I saw it recently. I went into it very pessimistic because I hated J.J. Abrams' Star Trek. I thought that this Star Wars movie would be similar: mindless boring action, completely unlike the originals, and packed full of stupid references. I was pleasantly surprised, however. It captured a lot of the feeling of the original trilogy. I loved it. I especially like how it focuses so much on the characters. Some say that it was a copy of A New Hope, and while there are definite similarities, I didn't find it distracting at all. All of the criticism is just nitpicking, really. Everything has flaws, and there were a handful of brief moments where I cringed a bit at something stupid, but I definitely recommend seeing this film if you like the original trilogy.

I think this is the first film I've seen where I've wanted to watch it again so soon after seeing it. I'm tempted to go see it again once it hits the cheap seats. And I'm (cautiously) very excited for the sequels.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Talk about your feelings  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: