Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread Jan 13 to Jan 27 picks are closed! - page 8. (Read 8570 times)

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
Quickseller = - 3.5% (that is minus 3.5%)
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
sorry about that

+6.6 = fr4nkthetank
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
alright lets hope for a smaller diff increase pls pls pls

I vote fr4nkthetank = 6.6(6)%

Can you write it up correctly?

Ankara has done it in the correct format.

+3.5 = Ankara
legendary
alright lets hope for a smaller diff increase pls pls pls

I vote fr4nkthetank = 6.6(6)%
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Let me start then: +3.5 = Ankara
legendary
s3 becoming unprofitable....at 0.10cents a kwh it is "break even" right now.  Home miners are still good with the "free" heat from the s3.  But big mining farms can no longer run the s3.  When the winter is over, that will be it !

Damn thats something.  I believe this to be a drop in diff, but this effect will be temporary.

It's not to surprising though S3 is a bit dated were talking 2 generation back, 3 if you include bitfury.  So that is a long time in mining time.

They were built like tanks on S3 so many will continue to run.   They will end up in cheap or free miners hands.   So they still have people who can run but it's getting smaller and smaller on amount feasible to use S3's.

first off picks are open!

but I can see small people using s-3's as space heaters

If you are in need of a space heater an s-3 is a better choice.  2 of them can replace this 1500 watt heater. Since they will run 24/7/the winter

legendary
Activity: 952
s3 becoming unprofitable....at 0.10cents a kwh it is "break even" right now.  Home miners are still good with the "free" heat from the s3.  But big mining farms can no longer run the s3.  When the winter is over, that will be it !

Damn thats something.  I believe this to be a drop in diff, but this effect will be temporary.

You mean 10 cents or 0.10$, right? You know 0.10 cents is 1/10 of 1 cent. You might want to fix your message.
legendary
Activity: 1456
s3 becoming unprofitable....at 0.10cents a kwh it is "break even" right now.  Home miners are still good with the "free" heat from the s3.  But big mining farms can no longer run the s3.  When the winter is over, that will be it !

Damn thats something.  I believe this to be a drop in diff, but this effect will be temporary.

It's not to surprising though S3 is a bit dated were talking 2 generation back, 3 if you include bitfury.  So that is a long time in mining time.

They were built like tanks on S3 so many will continue to run.   They will end up in cheap or free miners hands.   So they still have people who can run but it's getting smaller and smaller on amount feasible to use S3's.
legendary
s3 becoming unprofitable....at 0.10cents a kwh it is "break even" right now.  Home miners are still good with the "free" heat from the s3.  But big mining farms can no longer run the s3.  When the winter is over, that will be it !

Damn thats something.  I believe this to be a drop in diff, but this effect will be temporary.
legendary
Bitcoin Difficulty:   113,354,299,801
Estimated Next Difficulty:   118,833,429,245 (+4.83%)
Adjust time:   After 1437 Blocks, About 10.1 days
Hashrate(?):   745,627,005 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 10.2 minutes
3 blocks: 30.4 minutes
6 blocks: 1.0 hours

When will picks open? After 1416 blocks or did I remember wrong? If it is, only 21 blocks left but this speed we need to wait 3.5 hours more. Cheesy

yes picks open at 1416  and close at 816

and that (+4.83%) is sooooo high    as a real time number we are negative see below

Jan 13  148 blocks    =    + 4 but it was a partial day 100 blocks for this adjustment in the time for 105 so it is -5
Jan 14  136 blocks    =  -8
Jan 15  124 blocks    = -20
Jan 16  136 blocks    =  -8
Jan 17       86 so far in the time for 93 = - 7

so we are -48 blocks  582 made vs 630 should be made  this (-7.61%)

while nice numbers  for now  the network has shown it can do 1000ph  that would be about 180 blocks at this diff  and two of them in a row we lose the -48 and become +24

Here is a read from hashnest:

"admin  on  2016-01-15 16:22:55
 Because of  mining difficulty increase. Form 2016-01-13, antS3 's electricity fee is greater than 100% of mining revenues, antS3 mining contracts on Hashnest  enter a “redemption waiting period”. Form 2016-01-15 0:00 beijing time, the market of antS3 will close.

form 2016-01-13,if antS3's electricity fees are greater than revenues for a sustained period of ten continuous days, Hashnest reserves the right to retire the machines. When machines are retired, a user’s contract will then enter into the “hardware redemption period”.

Customers holding enough GH/s to constitute an entire machine of the associated type (e.g., 450 GH/s of Antminer S3) are eligible to convert that amount of GH/s into the used unit of the associated type. If a user does not have enough GH/s of the associated kind to exchange for actual hardware, then this user is not eligible for hardware redemption.

If owing to a rising exchange rate, the ratio of electricity fees to PPS payout is lower than 90% for a period of ten continuous days, then mining contracts will revert back to the PPLNS method.

从2016-01-13起,antS3的PPS理论收益已经不足以支付电费,antS3的算力进入赎回等待期,北京时间1月15日24:00起将关闭二级市场交易。

从1-13日起如果连续10天 电费收益比超过100%,antS3将进入赎回期,满足450GHS antS3算力的用户可以选择支付下架费和运费后赎回矿机。
 如果1-13日至23日期间 电费收益比连续10天低于90%, antS3 将恢复正常状态。"

The s-3's in question could be  20ph of 811 ph.  But we are down about 50-60 ph
Zz
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077
Bitcoin Difficulty:   113,354,299,801
Estimated Next Difficulty:   118,833,429,245 (+4.83%)
Adjust time:   After 1437 Blocks, About 10.1 days
Hashrate(?):   745,627,005 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 10.2 minutes
3 blocks: 30.4 minutes
6 blocks: 1.0 hours

When will picks open? After 1416 blocks or did I remember wrong? If it is, only 21 blocks left but this speed we need to wait 3.5 hours more. Cheesy
legendary
From what I heard, Mike had a few hundred bitcoin. I've never heard that he was a miner. His impact on the price is not that direct.

The price downturn was due to his comments and exit.

And maybe sprinkle in a bit of bad (but not unexpected) news about Crypsy. As an aside, I completely cleared out of Crypsy months ago and never looked back.

Really I think that Mike leaving will have a good effect. It is very likely that we'll get some protocol change, even if it's only the move to 2 MB blocks as per Bitcoin classic.

People can argue all day long about how Bitcoin should be changed to support growth. But something has to happen, and it has to happen relatively quickly.

My hope is that Mike's dramatic exit will force something to happen in the near term so that Bitcoin can continue to be relevant and maintain its potential for greatness.

I don't think it will force much though.  His as you put it dramatic, which is very true leaving with timing of cryptsy going belly up.   So there were two bad decent sized articles on most bitcoin news sites. 

And the more the comes out of cryptsy the scarier it is.  They sit on being hacked for months which is crazy they knew they were doomed, but kept it internal.  So really bad news.   Add to this someone who some respected saying bitcoin is dead is a huge story.

Does anyone know why he made such a public and hurtful comment?   Also it interesting he sold at the higher rates..... he did not deal with downside of his comments so I have a problem with that it's like inside info.

Time will tellwhat he did for or against BTC , but for today  we are not making many blocks at all

https://blockchain.info/blocks

393669 (Main Chain)   2016-01-17 09:40:36
393617 (Main Chain)   2016-01-17 00:12:17

43 blocks  in the time we should have 58  that is  a huge down turn  -25.86%  for that 9 hour 40 minute time period.

Dare I say  we could go - ? %
legendary
From what I heard, Mike had a few hundred bitcoin. I've never heard that he was a miner. His impact on the price is not that direct.

And maybe sprinkle in a bit of bad (but not unexpected) news about Crypsy. As an aside, I completely cleared out of Crypsy months ago and never looked back.

Really I think that Mike leaving will have a good effect. It is very likely that we'll get some protocol change, even if it's only the move to 2 MB blocks as per Bitcoin classic.

People can argue all day long about how Bitcoin should be changed to support growth. But something has to happen, and it has to happen relatively quickly.

My hope is that Mike's dramatic exit will force something to happen in the near term so that Bitcoin can continue to be relevant and maintain its potential for greatness.

I don't think it will force much though.  His as you put it dramatic, which is very true leaving with timing of cryptsy going belly up.   So there were two bad decent sized articles on most bitcoin news sites. 

And the more the comes out of cryptsy the scarier it is.  They sit on being hacked for months which is crazy they knew they were doomed, but kept it internal.  So really bad news.   Add to this someone who some respected saying bitcoin is dead is a huge story.

Does anyone know why he made such a public and hurtful comment?   Also it interesting he sold at the higher rates..... he did not deal with downside of his comments so I have a problem with that it's like inside info.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

legendary
Estimated Next Difficulty:    119,923,894,671 (+5.80%)
Adjust time:    After 1512 Blocks, About 10.6 days
Hashrate(?):    744,687,897 GH/s

small rise! yeeeee
at least for a month or so it might go back under 5% Roll Eyes

It is more like (- 1.11%) right now
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Estimated Next Difficulty:    119,923,894,671 (+5.80%)
Adjust time:    After 1512 Blocks, About 10.6 days
Hashrate(?):    744,687,897 GH/s

small rise! yeeeee
at least for a month or so it might go back under 5% Roll Eyes
copper member
I am curious to know if anyone know if Mike Hern had any significant amount of mining equipment.

The sharp downturn in short term (504 blocks) seems to coinside with Hern announcing that he is no longer going to be associated with Bitcoin.

If not, then I wonder if the apparent decline on hashrate on the network has anything to do with Hern "leaving" Bitcoin

So you think he  shut down a farm?

Makes sense if he had an older farm that was becoming marginal profit.

Say a 20-30ph  from s4's    of course 30ph is only 1/25 of the network,  but still it could be something like that.
It is possible that he shut down some kind of farm for non-economical purposes, especially if Hern wishes to completely disassociate himself with Bitcoin. Keep in mind that it is possible that Hern could still sell any mining equipment that he turned off that is still profitable to run.

His statement made it sound like he was mainly into holding coins vs mining is what I got out of it.  He mentioned selling all coins, nothing about machines.   
He did explicitly say that he recently sold his remaining bitcoin. Being that he was involved in the development of Bitcoin as much as he was, I would be surprised if Hern did not at least have a moderate amount of mining hardware for testing purposes.

It is much easier to sell bitcoin then it is to sell a bitcoin miner
legendary
I am curious to know if anyone know if Mike Hern had any significant amount of mining equipment.

The sharp downturn in short term (504 blocks) seems to coinside with Hern announcing that he is no longer going to be associated with Bitcoin.

If not, then I wonder if the apparent decline on hashrate on the network has anything to do with Hern "leaving" Bitcoin

So you think he  shut down a farm?

Makes sense if he had an older farm that was becoming marginal profit.

Say a 20-30ph  from s4's    of course 30ph is only 1/25 of the network,  but still it could be something like that.
legendary

I think he picked a bad time to come out with it as well.  To make his dead statement sound truthful scheduling around news of Cryptsy going belly up was smart on his part.  As much as I hate it if you say bitcoin is dead, and can point to a exchange who lost millions in articles next to yours on new's sites.... it seems to give him more credit then it was worth.

His statement made it sound like he was mainly into holding coins vs mining is what I got out of it.  He mentioned selling all coins, nothing about machines.  

On a little brighter note we already are on a rebound.  Hitting 390 on coinbase so compared to 224 hours ago... were at least doing a little better.
copper member

Pages:
Jump to: