Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread Jan 13 to Jan 27 picks are closed! - page 9. (Read 8570 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
or he had sold a ton of coins at 450 dropping price to 430.  then  made the announcement  hoping coins would that a big drop  so for every coin he sold at 450  he could get bargains at 350-360

Many forget  coins  were dirt cheap  when he started.  He may have 50,000 coins.

I earned 1 coin a day from august 2012 until dec 2012  about 125 coins.  the  whole network  was about 20th 

My house is mining 25th right now as I type!!

Unfortunately if that is true, it also shows how vulnerable Bitcoin still is, if a single individual can manipulate the market in that way?

Rich

will yeah  from 2009 to 2012  more then  10 million coins were mined  the first ½ ing was at the 10.5 million coin mark

So lets say 10% are lost ( pure guess)

That  still makes 9 million coins all under 40 bucks  in fact more like all under 1 dollar  as the first big spike to 40 bucks  was brief.

So if you had 10000 coins at a buck  and started selling them  during the march -april 2013 runup to 240  even say sell 5000 at 240  that is 1,200,000

Keep 600,000 in cash. so you are at 5000 coins  buy 600,000 at 120 each  after the crash from 240 to 120  you are back to 10,000 in coins  and 600,000 in cash.

It is the month of June or July.  2013.   So when coins go mad in  Oct-Dec 2013.  sell all 10,000 coins some at 500 some at 750 some at 1000

average of 750 x 10,000 = 7,500,000  all cash no coins.   

That is not a lot of correct guesses.

I am sure quite a few players with older coins.  That have held and maybe decided to get out of the game.
We are very young industry.  Lots can happen good or bad.

No matter the industry though leaving a job, and coming out against what you were working on is not common.   Most IT jobs if you left and said what you were working on is dead.... would be considered not so good.

I think people like that are scum no matter what his goal was.  Here is a interesting read -http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-branded-a-failure-as-media-erupts-over-mike-hearns-contentious-exit/
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
or he had sold a ton of coins at 450 dropping price to 430.  then  made the announcement  hoping coins would that a big drop  so for every coin he sold at 450  he could get bargains at 350-360

Many forget  coins  were dirt cheap  when he started.  He may have 50,000 coins.

I earned 1 coin a day from august 2012 until dec 2012  about 125 coins.  the  whole network  was about 20th 

Unfortunately if that is true, it also shows how vulnerable Bitcoin still is, if a single individual can manipulate the market in that way?

Rich

will yeah  from 2009 to 2012  more then  10 million coins were mined  the first ½ ing was at the 10.5 million coin mark

So lets say 10% are lost ( pure guess)

That  still makes 9 million coins all under 40 bucks  in fact more like all under 1 dollar  as the first big spike to 40 bucks  was brief.

So if you had 10000 coins at a buck  and started selling them  during the march -april 2013 runup to 240  even say sell 5000 at 240  that is 1,200,000

Keep 600,000 in cash. so you are at 5000 coins  buy 600,000 at 120 each  after the crash from 240 to 120  you are back to 10,000 in coins  and 600,000 in cash.

It is the month of June or July.  2013.   So when coins go mad in  Oct-Dec 2013.  sell all 10,000 coins some at 500 some at 750 some at 1000

average of 750 x 10,000 = 7,500,000  all cash no coins.   

That is not a lot of correct guesses.

I am sure quite a few players with older coins.  That have held and maybe decided to get out of the game.
We are very young industry.  Lots can happen good or bad.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Rich

legendary
What a difference a Week makes... From a solid +9%, (170 Black days) and I would have said that the rate going out of the period was higher than that. Now just had a -15% (122 Block Day)

Do people think the lower hash rate is at this stage related to the Exchange rate drop, or was the hash Rate down before that happened?

Rich

Both not or at least that is my  my guess.  Oh we picked up today

110 blocks in the time for 108  which is under 2%

So far we are really doing well. for the first 3 days.

Yes funny how the first couple of days often look to be well down and then pick up? Looks like we will be close to par for Today? However still well done at -6.7% for the period so far.

Rich

Btc value is also doing a little rebound from the top 350ish to 386.   I'm just hoping we can get back to 400 sell wall again.  I really like seeing that sell wall mentally.

So really feeling better it could have been a lot worse.  I think the cryptsy news added with the Mike Hearn story.... I think he could have been a little less public almost seems like he wanted to hurt Bitcoin.  Also Cryptsy was attacked in July ( http://www.coindesk.com/cryptsy-bankruptcy-millions-bitcoin-stolen/ ).   If people have not learned yet do not keep your coins on a exchange it is a bad idea for most.

Yes I think he set out to hurt Bitcoin... Good to see a little bounce, and I did buy some at what I hope was close to the bottom?  Smiley

Rich

I think you can think Mike Hearn for a lot of that profit.  I'm hoping we go back up and he fades into background.   I just hope he keeps quiet saying things like bitcoin is dead is a great headline, even if not true.   

It is a little scary he want's to hurt Bitcoin it seems.  I'm a little afraid of future remarks getting picked up in news articles and have same effect.   

legendary
What a difference a Week makes... From a solid +9%, (170 Black days) and I would have said that the rate going out of the period was higher than that. Now just had a -15% (122 Block Day)

Do people think the lower hash rate is at this stage related to the Exchange rate drop, or was the hash Rate down before that happened?

Rich

Yes funny how the first couple of days often look to be well down and then pick up? Looks like we will be close to par for Today? However still well done at -6.7% for the period so far.

Rich

Btc value is also doing a little rebound from the top 350ish to 386.   I'm just hoping we can get back to 400 sell wall again.  I really like seeing that sell wall mentally.

So really feeling better it could have been a lot worse.  I think the cryptsy news added with the Mike Hearn story.... I think he could have been a little less public almost seems like he wanted to hurt Bitcoin.  Also Cryptsy was attacked in July ( http://www.coindesk.com/cryptsy-bankruptcy-millions-bitcoin-stolen/ ).   If people have not learned yet do not keep your coins on a exchange it is a bad idea for most.

Yes I think he set out to hurt Bitcoin... Good to see a little bounce, and I did buy some at what I hope was close to the bottom?  Smiley

Rich

I think you can think Mike Hearn for a lot of that profit.  I'm hoping we go back up and he fades into background.   I just hope he keeps quiet saying things like bitcoin is dead is a great headline, even if not true.   

It is a little scary he want's to hurt Bitcoin it seems.  I'm a little afraid of future remarks getting picked up in news articles and have same effect.   

Rich

Rich

Rich

legendary

Rich

Rich

Rich

Rich
legendary

Rich

Both not or at least that is my  my guess.  Oh we picked up today

110 blocks in the time for 108  which is under 2%

Rich
legendary
Just when stuff looks bad  look at blocks

(saving space from double post of pics)

We can hope it does go down.   A little good news is I keep watching it and seems we hit a little more of a sell wall around 370.  It's stuck around it for a bit.

If you like watching coinbase http://bitcointicker.co/coinbase/# is funner on up day's on value.  But I have been using it as pretty good site to watch real time.
legendary
Just when stuff looks bad  look at blocks

Activity: 356
Merit: 255
Considering price is at around 375 currently... it's been a ugly 48 hours on value.  We really need it to go up again at some point.  But we broke through the 400 wall... not fun to see it fall thought.

I would be happy with under 5 percent this week. 

It's really one or the other...hoping for difficulty to go down and the price to go up would be rather futile, since hashrate follows price (in very, very general terms). The network 3-day average went down from +2% per day to -1.5% per day in a span of just 48 hours. That means the effective hashrate is down considerably as people panic and unplug their .5w+ devices. The only thing driving that is the price drop over the last day. So you're getting a diff drop precisely because of the price drop...and if the price recovers and people plug in their older devices again, you're going to get an enormous diff jump correlation. I predict a continuing drop in hashrate in the short term (few weeks or so) due to the risk associated with the price during the stock markets tanking, keeping downward pressure as investors move to cash. Good for existing efficient new hardware (and to a lesser extent people buying new hardware with bitcoin), bad for people relying on older hardware (and to a lesser extent manufacturers with fiat costs selling hardware in bitcoin). Dancing in the streets for savvy speculators playing the markets, since volatility makes the most money for them.
legendary
Estimated Next Difficulty:    121,524,659,964 (+7.21%)
Adjust time:    After 1661 Blocks, About 11.4 days
Hashrate(?):    763,616,412 GH/s

Conservative: 1.4%
Normal  3.4%
Continous: 9.2 %
by http://nextdifficulty.com/

mining-profit.com at 0.2%

Praying for under 5%  Grin

Considering price is at around 375 currently... it's been a ugly 48 hours on value.  We really need it to go up again at some point.  But we broke through the 400 wall... not fun to see it fall thought.

I would be happy with under 5 percent this week. 
Activity: 742
Estimated Next Difficulty:    121,524,659,964 (+7.21%)
Adjust time:    After 1661 Blocks, About 11.4 days
Hashrate(?):    763,616,412 GH/s

Conservative: 1.4%
Normal  3.4%
Continous: 9.2 %
by http://nextdifficulty.com/

mining-profit.com at 0.2%

Praying for under 5%  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Well at least today will end up being -18% day.

legendary
While I remain convinced that BTC price will drive hashrate and hence difficulty, I always though it was more of a long-term trend kinda thing. The BTC price continues to slowly decline, at the same time difficulty increase also starts to moderate.

I don't expect we are actually in any danger of a difficulty decrease, just perhaps a smaller increase than recently.

BTC now down to $379.

Is this the result of the "ASIC Arms Race" that was re-ignited back in September?

If you change September to November I would say yes.

but  in general the drop is to level the  price pump from 230 to 450   which is  96 percent increase

at 230 to 379 it is a 65 percent increase

diff from 56.9 to 113.3 is  99 percent increase

so if diff went up 99 percent and price went up 96 percent we would be equal   not true since power  was .5 to .7 in sept  and now power is  .25 to .35 and if you average in the older gear maybe the network is  .4  .  so actually we are almost exactly the same as sept 4 .

the question  :

Is  sept 4 the true value of the game?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
While I remain convinced that BTC price will drive hashrate and hence difficulty, I always though it was more of a long-term trend kinda thing. The BTC price continues to slowly decline, at the same time difficulty increase also starts to moderate.

I don't expect we are actually in any danger of a difficulty decrease, just perhaps a smaller increase than recently.

BTC now down to $379.

Is this the result of the "ASIC Arms Race" that was re-ignited back in September?

Check the discussion boards, there are like 20 threads about it. Mike dude did some drama and being a Core member, it caught the media attention and the weak p2p rabble joined in the dump. Which cause people who actually hold BTC to sell now, so that they can buy it cheaper later.

It is probably going to affect Diff a little bit, too, but i don't think his manipulation attempts at BTC is going to go his way, we'll see.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

BTC now down to $379.

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3836
Pages:
Jump to: