Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread oct 15th to oct 29th picks are closed!! With a bonus reward. - page 8. (Read 6007 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
picks

-1.01% to -1.25%    philipma1957

+0.76% to + 1.00% RichBC

+3.51% to + 3.75% edonkey
+3.76% to +4.00% zebedee
+4.01% to +4.25% Mikestang

+5.76% to +6.00% jonnybravo0311

all done in cut and paste  thanks lots faster.
legendary
Really interested to see the difficulty change. Weird having a low diff change when all that juicy new gear comes out. Maybe a ton being retired and a lot going to centralized mining?

Don't really know for sure.

We can guess there's not that much extra PH/s that was actually onlined yet, much more to come, most likely. Whats surprising is the difficulty not following the price. I'm not complaining by all means but you'd expect some people, especially with the cold coming to the north, would re online their s3's and such for profits/free heat.

an s-3 at 10 cents a kwatt is earning 1.70 usd with price of 267 a coin.

But it would also put out  about 1600 btu .   so if price stays above 267 they would zero out your heating costs at the current diff.

BTW we are at block 1732 to go which means we made 284 blocks so far.

and we are under 144 pace today with 58 blocks in 10 hours 20 minutes

we should be at  62

https://blockchain.info/blocks

this means 2 things to me

1) bitmaintech  has taken more gear offline to ship
2)knc/bitfury/spTech/avalon  are not putting a ton of gear out

so is  a storm is coming?

The S3 barely earns $1/per day. Are you sure you're calculation is correct?

yes but it was monthly. not daily.  BTW coins are at 271!  So an s-3 will give  400 watts of heat 24/7/30  each month and pay you $1.88 usd.

So my house with 10 s-3's scattered about  would give 4000 watts of heat or just about  13,500 btu

My winter heating bill is 200 usd  a month. It will be 20 or 30 usd.

I would love coins to get a little ahead of diff.  Not crazy like 250, 270, 300, 350 ,400 ,450, 500 by nov 1.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
+4.01% to +4.25% Mikestang

I expect we're going to see a lot of hash come online soon, but with diff over 60G now even a small percentage represents a fairly large bump in network power.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
BTC over $270... potentially shipped S7s from B1 through B3 coming online... colder temps in the northern hemisphere... it all smells like a big jump.  So, I'm going to go with....

+5.76% to +6.00% jonnybravo0311

Yeah, that's not really a large jump in the grand scheme of things, but I think the new gear will start to come online towards the end of this period and push the difficulty up at that point.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Perhaps wishful thinking but I think another small one...

+0.76% to + 1.00% RichBC

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Back to the first cat, who says:

+3.51% to + 3.75% edonkey

Made me use the copy and paste format too. Very conscientious cat Wink
donator
Activity: 668
OK we've had 300 blocks.  I'll kick it off with

+3.76% to +4.00% zebedee
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Really interested to see the difficulty change. Weird having a low diff change when all that juicy new gear comes out. Maybe a ton being retired and a lot going to centralized mining?

We can guess there's not that much extra PH/s that was actually onlined yet, much more to come, most likely. Whats surprising is the difficulty not following the price. I'm not complaining by all means but you'd expect some people, especially with the cold coming to the north, would re online their s3's and such for profits/free heat.

But it would also put out  about 1600 btu .   so if price stays above 267 they would zero out your heating costs at the current diff.

we should be at  62

The S3 barely earns $1/per day. Are you sure you're calculation is correct?
legendary

we should be at  62

tss
Activity: 742

i think price follows difficulty, on the way up at least.  it is usually a few weeks behind.  after we dropped into the 200s, from the highs, whenever difficulty climbs price goes up a few weeks later.  ohh and then the usual dump by a big player or an exchange insider followed by panic selling.  rinse and repeat.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Price keeps going up higher 264 is pretty amazing right now.  I hope we keep rising as it's very nice to see.

I am surprised how fast it moved.  Man is it good tough.

At this rate we'll be looking into breaking 300s by Christmas, which would be a great present to me if it did. The difficulty does not seem to be climbing too aggressively and depending on how many people turn to ASIC heating for winter and new ASIC hitting the doors, we might be able to ride out the difficulty rise with an ahead profitability.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Price keeps going up higher 264 is pretty amazing right now.  I hope we keep rising as it's very nice to see.

I am surprised how fast it moved.  Man is it good tough.
legendary
this number is weird.

379233 (Main Chain)   2015-10-16 23:33:56

379092 (Main Chain)   2015-10-16 00:12:37

142 blocks made we should be 143   since we have 10 minutes left for the day .

so we are -1 on the day.

yesterday we were +20.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Most likely in 2 weeks it will be +5 and in 4 weeks it will be +10%. Especially since BTC is almost $270 and winter is coming.

yeah I see 2 good jumps possible.

Right now hanging around 260 on BTC.  Pretty nice little jump.

It all depends on how fast they produce the new S7's.  Also it appears they are testing hashing boards and putting stickers on them.  So it's possible they might ship miners without data center burn in.   If not we will see a data center raise the difficulty doing burn in's.
legendary
Most likely in 2 weeks it will be +5 and in 4 weeks it will be +10%. Especially since BTC is almost $270 and winter is coming.

yeah I see 2 good jumps possible.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
legendary
Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001
This time I'm waiting bigger diff. Equipments in transit will be opened this period.
Pages:
Jump to: