Pages:
Author

Topic: Difference of Trading and Investing? - page 32. (Read 29464 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 28, 2017, 06:47:18 AM
Actually, trading is a kind of investment where you are going to buy and sell alt coins that you think that has potential to pump in future.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
October 28, 2017, 05:25:34 AM
In my opinion, Investing and Trading was different. Because when you investing, you trust your money to someone.  And can't do anything with you money, until certain of time. While, when you trading, you used your knowledge and skill to rise up your profit. But to think investing and trading was both risky.
Let’s forget about the fact that both of them can be risky and focus on a situation where you you invested on a trusted platform for both Investment and trading, you will come to see that trading is more risky than Investment. Why? Because in trading, you don’t expect profits all the time, and detecting the market’s next move is not an easy task, any wrong option-making can lead to several loss. But for investment, you only expect profits and not loss.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 28, 2017, 04:51:26 AM
Trading is you will going to exchange goods from traders in order to gain money or another set of goods. While, inversting is an act where you will going to negotiate to investors in order to earn financial return for your future plans .
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
October 28, 2017, 03:45:03 AM
Trading and investing is a good way to generate bitcoin, but I think investing is better because it is safer when compared to trading, because with trading can make us lose because wrong put the price.
Trading is more of a profession and something that brings you earnings on some of the activities you do regularly which to me sounds more like a job. On the other hand, investment is more like leaving your money to hold and letting it grow over time while it is at work on something.

It requires work too and that is why one way or the other the two sounds similar. You are putting your money to work and letting it grow in both cases rather than just leaving them in your wallet, it is just the activities that differs in the process.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 27, 2017, 02:46:07 PM
Trading bitcoin could be sort of a gamble due to the increase and decrease of the value of coins. There has been a vast difference in the value of coins like altcoins/litecoin etc. So far bitcoin has increased over 200% over the past 2 years.

Investment could be investing your money to a bitcoin mining rig that would get and ROI of some point
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
October 27, 2017, 02:31:15 PM
If you do not have to say that I can sell it when you get the appropriate conditions, you are risking it with small profit margins. It can win you or lose you, but when you invest it,
If you are not ready for the risk you cannot win the profit because all the things are having the risk now there are a lot of the things that people are investing the money and they are having the profit, I use to buy the bitcoin and I want to hold the bitcoin for the long time, bitcoin is giving the people awareness about the profit and taking the risk, the price and the importance of the bitcoin is the best thing for people, I hold the bitcoin and I am not going to lose my money,
If your investments are risky you don't know what you are doing. Smiley

Understanding all outcomes and choosing a path that won't cause losses is what investing is about. Everything else is gambling.
Activity: 798
Merit: 253
October 27, 2017, 01:44:28 PM
If you do not have to say that I can sell it when you get the appropriate conditions, you are risking it with small profit margins. It can win you or lose you, but when you invest it,
If you are not ready for the risk you cannot win the profit because all the things are having the risk now there are a lot of the things that people are investing the money and they are having the profit, I use to buy the bitcoin and I want to hold the bitcoin for the long time, bitcoin is giving the people awareness about the profit and taking the risk, the price and the importance of the bitcoin is the best thing for people, I hold the bitcoin and I am not going to lose my money,
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
October 27, 2017, 11:51:40 AM
Guys sorry for this question above but I would like to ask here that

What is the difference of Trading to Investing?

though I know that I can search it in google but I want an answer from those people who have already experienced this two.
Thank you.

I hope you can help me in my confusion..

the difference between trading and investment is when we have money and you make investments then your money just silent and wait for the price to go up, but if you use it with trading also then your assets will increase with lot without having to wait long.
Activity: 564
Merit: 500
October 27, 2017, 11:44:11 AM
Trading is buying and selling stocks or crypto coins either in a long term basis or in a short term which is termed as day trading.It could be even done with a very small amount of money.It is highly risky and also gives huge profits.Here,we are free to sell or hold our stock or coins and we have full control.

Investment is usually done on a long term basis.Once we invest our money,we would have to wait until the maturity period to withdraw our invested money.It has less risks and also yields low profits.Short term fluctuations in the market does not affect our investment.
However, an investor investing follow a plan has prepared usually get profits than take loss like day trader.
Sometimes, they need to spend a lot of time to wait the price of stock or cryptocurrency increases, but it isn't important, they have accepted this requirement before starting to invest.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
October 27, 2017, 11:25:08 AM
The main purpose is profit. So i see no difference between investing and trading. If you want to gain profit then you need patience.
Trading and investing is purely patience.
If you don't wait for the good time to buy - sell - trade then you will not get any profit from both.
both of which are aimed at making a profit but clearly different between trade and investment, where a person who trades must always experience the name of profits and losses because in trading we can sell or buy something to get a faster profit, another case with the form of investment where one can investing his money to earn profits in the long run or for the future.
Activity: 168
October 27, 2017, 10:37:42 AM
In my opinion, the main difference will be the following:

Trading- You are an active buyer and seller of Bitcoin. You regularly check the price and trade in your advantage. Whenever you feel the price will go down, you will sell. And if you feel it will go up, you will hold or even buy more.

Investing- In investing you are more on holding for a long run investment. No matter how the market goes for the short run, your target is to keep it and sell it in the long run.
Activity: 798
Merit: 182
October 27, 2017, 09:53:34 AM
The difference in trading and investing is that in trading you want quick profits and you prefer buy n sell to make profits. While in investing you do make profits but mostly investments are longterm and you have to wait for the time. Also in investment lending also comes.. like you lend some one and recieve interests(if you like so).
Both of them do have the same goal, to grow assets. Indeed trading is often for short term investment but the more appropriate discription of the difference between investment and trading is investment is a condition in which the investor does not to run the business directly to gain profit because there are already other parties who run the business. So investors can not control or determine the target profit they want to get. In trading,  investors will more active, so they are business man who must work by themselves to get target profit in a certain period.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
October 27, 2017, 07:05:46 AM
The difference in trading and investing is that in trading you want quick profits and you prefer buy n sell to make profits. While in investing you do make profits but mostly investments are longterm and you have to wait for the time. Also in investment lending also comes.. like you lend some one and recieve interests(if you like so).
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
October 27, 2017, 06:37:24 AM
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
October 27, 2017, 06:24:09 AM
In my opinion, Investing and Trading was different. Because when you investing, you trust your money to someone.  And can't do anything with you money, until certain of time. While, when you trading, you used your knowledge and skill to rise up your profit. But to think investing and trading was both risky.

Reading through the thread, I can see so many are getting the wrong notion here and the problem here is that most people do not even tend to understand what investment is and then they are saying trading is different from investment. So, firstly, I think it is better we sort that out first before I continue. These are not my meanings, it is according to the dictionary, so I will quote it instead.

1. expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial schemes, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture.
synonyms: put money into, provide capital for, fund, back, finance, subsidize, bankroll, underwrite; More

2. devote (one's time, effort, or energy) to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result.
synonyms: spend, expend, put in, venture, speculate, risk

So, from the explanation above, and the way I see it, trading is a form of investment which apparently everyone already know the meaning. Investment is a very large field and there are so many things you can do that can be considered as investment as long as you are putting in funds and expecting some profit or return with certain risk involved. I really hope people end up getting this.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
October 27, 2017, 06:06:44 AM
In my  experience trading is short term investment and investment is long term. To be in detail trading has lot of risk and we need to keep watching what we invested and it react as per the market sentiments so we have to take the decision accordingly with close watching if we miss that timing we have to face the losses. In investment we are much safe and we will get time to take the decision without any panic and we already have the mind set to give some time for it. This is the difference between trading and investment.
Neither is more or less safe. And successful investing requires a large amount of effort and research, just like trading does. They're just different styles which differ based on their timescale (which is the one point that you have correctly pointed out).
Activity: 182
October 27, 2017, 06:04:25 AM
In my  experience trading is short term investment and investment is long term. To be in detail trading has lot of risk and we need to keep watching what we invested and it react as per the market sentiments so we have to take the decision accordingly with close watching if we miss that timing we have to face the losses. In investment we are much safe and we will get time to take the decision without any panic and we already have the mind set to give some time for it. This is the difference between trading and investment.
Activity: 476
www.daxico.com
October 27, 2017, 05:24:51 AM
Investing and Trading are of course 2 completely different things. The former is when you invest in crypto (for example) and let your money grow and earn profit in the hands of certain entity while the latter is a Do-It-Yourself scheme where you are are going to buy a certain coin in a lower price and sell it on a higher price to gain profit. Smiley
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
October 27, 2017, 05:16:25 AM
Trading is buying altcoin actively, while investing is buying coins then hold for a long time so get profit from price increase, I think both are good because they can make a profit.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
October 27, 2017, 04:12:57 AM
The main purpose is profit. So i see no difference between investing and trading. If you want to gain profit then you need patience.
Trading and investing is purely patience.
If you don't wait for the good time to buy - sell - trade then you will not get any profit from both.
Pages:
Jump to: