Pages:
Author

Topic: Difficulty slowdown: Is this turning into a long-term trend? [Discussion Thread] - page 3. (Read 4194 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
I am mining too, just for hoping that price will be back on in normal profitable range again.

Here's hoping for $1100 BTC for Thanksgiving again this year!   Grin

I want $11000 so we can have back last year's action.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I am mining too, just for hoping that price will be back on in normal profitable range again.

Here's hoping for $1100 BTC for Thanksgiving again this year!   Grin
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
because of the recent overall price drop ... everyone's reluctance to expand.

The rate has broken retail calculators, too. Less free money for farm expansion. I agree that there will be a diff plateau as long as the price doesn't spike to and sustain ~500+.

I'd much rather have a significant BTC price increase than to have lower difficulty adjustments. It's too late to make any money with home mining anyways. Although while I'm still mining, I do like the lower difficulty adjustments, lol.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
because of the recent overall price drop ... everyone's reluctance to expand.

The rate has broken retail calculators, too. Less free money for farm expansion. I agree that there will be a diff plateau as long as the price doesn't spike to and sustain ~500+.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
To be clear you believe in diff decreases of 3-5%?  or increases under 5% say 3 to 5

My thoughts are as long as price is in the    300 to 425 usd a coin range we will continue to see very small diff increases.

I also think that unless an asic builder comes up with a really big power improvement   say a drop from the  .6-.8  watt per  watt machine to a .1-.2 watt machine  diff will stay the same range of 5 to 7 percent .

you also need to understand most mining is by the big builders.

ASICMINER
 BFL
 BITFURY
 BITMAINTECH
 KNC

yeah bfl has a lot of gear mining
as do the others above.

You want to add in
 DRAGON MINERS 1.5th in chinese data centers
 Spondollies 10, 20 ,30, 35 hosted here and there.

I think most of us home miners are lucky to add up to 50ph world wide  more likely 30ph in gear.

So the big builder is making money right now and really can only f up by building up his mining ops too quickly.

Activity: 562
Merit: 506
We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

There's a pretty massive difficulty stagnation going on, because of the recent overall price drop. Looks like the big-time miners have stopped expanding for now. Personally, I think it's going to average ~5% increases for the forseeable future because of everyone's reluctance to expand. Thoughts?   Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: