Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★ DigiByte ★★ [DGB] - What should we name the new DigiByte exchange? - page 4. (Read 7806 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
What is your plan for obtaining the necessary money transmission licenses required to operate a USD/Crypto exchange legally? This is normally a long and very expensive process. The FinCen guidance also clearly states even exchanges operating outside of the US still have to abide by US law if they serve US customers.

Just interested whether you are doing this seriously or you are just going to chance it and run the risk of a long time in prison.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
I voted for Digi-Pay.com but I think exchange.digibyte.co would be also reasonable because you are planning to exchange directly to DGB. On the other hand is Digi-Pay as a new detached brand good for further services like a Digibyte credit card.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Maybe some information of  the coins would help too ! Wink
Activity: 84
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
My vote is for www.Digi-Pay.com. The ".com" does make it more professional.

I voted this as well.
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
digipay.com

better without '-'

that's if you can get a domain name.
Activity: 224
DigiByte Founder
My vote is for www.Digi-Pay.com. The ".com" does make it more professional.
Activity: 210
after this exchange is added I can see the coin reaching 10X its current value
Activity: 75
Do the digi-pay.com one, i don't know for sure why but the .com looks a bit more professional Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I personally like the name Digi-Pay.com as it sounds straight forward as far as what the point of the site is. Happy to see that you're taking things into your own hands instead of relying on other exchanges.  Smiley
Digi-Pay does have a nice ring to it. It is very straight forward!
Activity: 196
I personally like the name Digi-Pay.com as it sounds straight forward as far as what the point of the site is. Happy to see that you're taking things into your own hands instead of relying on other exchanges.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Since we have now received outside developer and investment support we have started work on a direct USD - DigiByte exchange. Which of the four names we are considering do you like best?

The exchange will be completed in three phases. At this point we have no plans to add any other coins but DigiByte and Bitcoin. We are not trying to compete with any other exchange. Our goal is to make it easier for people to obtain DigiBytes and for more merchants to begin accepting them.

Phase 1: Our initial beta exchange will feature the ability to trade BTC for DGB.

Phase 2: Will add the ability to purchase DigiBytes directly with USD. We are applying for all the required permits, applications, etc outlined by federal banking laws in the US. Our goal is to do everything by the book here.

Phase 3: Will add more merchant support for merchants to easily accept DigiBytes. Think of it as a combination of BitPay and CoinBase but for DigiByte all in one place.

Any thoughts, ideas or opinions are welcomed! This will take some time to develop and launch but work is now under way!

Please explain the reason for the name you picked. Thank you for supporting DigiByte!

Why use DigiByte?

1) Speed: DigiByte is Blazing fast! Much faster than Bitcoin & Litecoin, and fast enough to buy coffee at Starbucks in a few seconds if they ever decided to use DigiByte!!

2) Transactional Currency:With 21 billion coins, DigiByte will primarily become a worldwide currency traded for goods & services, and not a volatile speculative commodity like Bitcoin. DigiByte has a natural ratio of 1BTC:1000DGB to Bitcoin. This means that if Bitcoin is worth $1,000 DigiByte should be worth $1 -$10. A Perfect price for buying goods & services. No one likes to look in their wallet and see that they have 0.001 coins; 1,000 DigiBytes are much more appealing.

3) Community: DigiByte was planned and designed for over a month before launch. Now, we open the community up to all those wishing to participate and contribute to its success.

4) Fair Launch: DigiByte was announced more than 3 days ahead of time. It was delivered at the exact minute advertised with a countdown timer for a fair launch. Over a half million dollars in hardware were thrown at the network in the first few minutes alone.

5) Transparency: The pre-mine of DigiByte is publicly posted and is used to further the long-term success of DigiByte.

6) DigiByte Name: You store data in megabytes & gigabytes. Why not store money in DigiBytes?

Main DigiByte thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/digibytedgb-core-v61651-digishield-digispeed-segwit-408268
Pages:
Jump to: