Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1154. (Read 3058816 times)

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Remember a few months ago when the algo change happened? The block reward was about 7647. Now it's about 6917. That's about a 10% drop in block reward over three months. Now there's a proposed change to make the block reward 2435 and then only drop 11-12% over the course of a whole year!! That's a huge slowdown to the reduction of the block reward and may result in a slight increase in value in the short term, not the long term.

If left alone, the block reward would hit 2435 in two years. And would continue to decrease faster than the new proposed change. This means that with the new change, in two years DGB will be adding coins to circulation FASTER than if they left the block reward as it is now.

Excellent analysis.

I'm also inclined to agree with you on both the motives for catering to short term anxieties, and the long term negative consequences of doing so.

I hadn't realized this would happen. Once again, thanks for this extremely important comparative analysis. Great work!

Activity: 882
Merit: 250
Activity: 254
Dear Mr. CryptoLTD unfortunately I have to tell you that you are not on my payroll. Reasons why you can count on one hand itself . Thank you for your pointless posts.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Your joke has a joke, was that intended?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1003
Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014
I'm just trying to push the price down to get more cheap.. seems to be working.. don't get mad @ me, redirect anger & hostility @ people selling. Ill do the one sat flip all day. Profit is profit.
10 SELL
20 TROLL
30 BUY
40 WAIT
50 GOTO 10
60 PROFIT
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
I'm just trying to push the price down to get more cheap.. seems to be working.. don't get mad @ me, redirect anger & hostility @ people selling. Ill do the one sat flip all day. Profit is profit.

bad work
I'm tired of buying 13
let's have 12  Cool

9 Is the magic #...time will tell.

If you guys bought enough at 12-13, would you wanna buy at 3-4 SAT ? I am sure you would not want that Wink coz you would be down bad... 3-4 times down of what you have now...and you would be tied with DGB and no BTC to buy those even cheap ones... You may just watch others buying...

So keep it quiet CryptoLTD, If I want to, I can hit the price down to 5 SAT and keep there for a few weeks, during the time there is no announcement...
But I would not do that coz it is risky and I also bought a lot at 11-15 SAT range.

No BTC hu? How presumptuous, thinkin just the way I want ya ta think Wink

Then, let me buy up to 20 SAT and place a 30BTC buy order at 20 SAT right away Wink
Do your game theory. I do not care, but you are just talking non-sense most of the time and affecting newbies.
Please keep it quiet and dont troll. Cheers.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

bad work
I'm tired of buying 13
let's have 12  Cool

If you guys bought enough at 12-13, would you wanna buy at 3-4 SAT ? I am sure you would not want that Wink coz you would be down bad... 3-4 times down of what you have now...and you would be tied with DGB and no BTC to buy those even cheap ones... You may just watch others buying...

So keep it quiet CryptoLTD, If I want to, I can hit the price down to 5 SAT and keep there for a few weeks, during the time there is no announcement...
But I would not do that coz it is risky and I also bought a lot at 11-15 SAT range.

No BTC hu? How presumptuous, thinkin just the way I want ya ta think Wink
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.

bad work
I'm tired of buying 13
let's have 12  Cool

bad work
I'm tired of buying 13
let's have 12  Cool

Activity: 204

bad work
I'm tired of buying 13
let's have 12  Cool
How about contributing something other than negativity in every single post? It's ironic that you claim to be an investor yet every post you seem to make is damaging that investment.

Investments are damaged in the exchanges, not in forums. $ Talks, .. you know the rest.
Activity: 204
How about contributing something other than negativity in every single post? It's ironic that you claim to be an investor yet every post you seem to make is damaging that investment.

I understand that you needed to explain yourself about him, like I have done few minutes ago. But it's worth it to don't feed more this troll  Cool

Moreover, I have seen several threads in this forum which are self moderated. Maybe Digibyte team is able to talk with bitcointalk.org staff to be able to ban some people of this thread (even if trolls come back again and again with fake accounts).

This is my own opinion, but I always rage when I read this kind of posts which are not constrictiv', toxic, and which is worth it for nobody (except maybe for the troll itself which feels alive... yeah, alive! A troll not raging isn't a troll, a troll not complaining for everything can't be fed enough to live).

every decent coins
there should be a fool troll  Wink
Activity: 159

I understand that you needed to explain yourself about him, like I have done few minutes ago. But it's worth it to don't feed more this troll  Cool

Moreover, I have seen several threads in this forum which are self moderated. Maybe Digibyte team is able to talk with bitcointalk.org staff to be able to ban some people of this thread (even if trolls come back again and again with fake accounts).

This is my own opinion, but I always rage when I read this kind of posts which are not constrictiv', toxic, and which is worth it for nobody (except maybe for the troll itself which feels alive... yeah, alive! A troll not raging isn't a troll, a troll not complaining for everything can't be fed enough to live).
Activity: 750
Yes, correct. Coin production is too high. The team has mentioned a fix for this. However, with some handy dandy math, in the past three months, theres now 1 Billion, 620 million coins made. At current prices of 13 satoshi each, thats only 210.6 BTC worth of coins, or @ BTC's current prices $ 76,210 USD. Lets take a look at buy support...

Because kids and trolls like you wanna profits now and only now...

For our tranquility, can you just please leave this thread CryptoLTD. You are so fucking toxic...
Yes, correct. Coin production is too high. The team has mentioned a fix for this. However, with some handy dandy math, in the past three months, theres now 1 Billion, 620 million coins made. At current prices of 13 satoshi each, thats only 210.6 BTC worth of coins, or @ BTC's current prices $ 76,210 USD. Lets take a look at buy support...

This proposed change to the block reward seems like a reaction to people's concerns about the current value of the coin, not the long term value.

Remember a few months ago when the algo change happened? The block reward was about 7647. Now it's about 6917. That's about a 10% drop in block reward over three months. Now there's a proposed change to make the block reward 2435 and then only drop 11-12% over the course of a whole year!! That's a huge slowdown to the reduction of the block reward and may result in a slight increase in value in the short term, not the long term.

The block reward (in it's current state) is dropping very fast now, but unfortunately in the altcoin world people want to see results "now now now" and aren't willing to wait the years necessary to reach a desired result.

If left alone, the block reward would hit 2435 in two years. And would continue to decrease faster than the new proposed change. This means that with the new change, in two years DGB will be adding coins to circulation FASTER than if they left the block reward as it is now.

If left alone, the value of DGB would probably continue to drop. It's a hard choice. Add more coins now (current state), or add more coins later (proposed change)?

The Digibyte team says that they are in this for the long haul. If they are, then why change for a fix that might cause only short term value stability? Is the Digibyte team looking at DGB as a speculative commodity, or as a currency? Value of the coin is not important. Acceptance into the marketplace is.

Hello bogglor,

Digibyte team has explained, few posts ago, why they intend to decrease the block reward. But because i'm following DGB since its birth, i'll try to explain you with a bit more details.

DGB was kinda unminable for few weeks/a month before the multi algo change. We (the comunity) needed a lot of hashrate to reach block 145000, in order to switch to the multi algo. Because of this lost time, they decreased the block generation from 1 minute to 30 second in order to compensate this previous issue and to put more coins in circulation.

Now, I want to put your attention on one fact : since multi-ago is here (approx 3 months from my memory), we have generated more blocks in these 3 months than in the first 9 months of Digibyte life (this means 3x faster than before!). That's why I actually agree to reduce the block reward, not only in order to give DGB a short term value, but in order to give DGB the key for a future success too.

My opinion is as simple as this : actually (and if things doesn't change), coins generated are too much high reguarding the (actual ofc) demand. Decreasing the block reward will match better the actual market needs, and it will give to DGB more attention from the market... and not only for a short period imo, because a lot of people knows that DGB has potential.

The total number of DGB will be untouched : 21 bilions as mentionned since January 2014. But because coins are generated too fast actually, it will be a great solution to reduce the amount generated a day for the short time as well as the long haul. Acceptance in the altcoin market/merchants can be done especially when improvement are done. And that's what DGB's team is doing.
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!
This proposed change to the block reward seems like a reaction to people's concerns about the current value of the coin, not the long term value.

The block reward (in it's current state) is dropping very fast now, but unfortunately in the altcoin world people want to see results "now now now" and aren't willing to wait the years necessary to reach a desired result.

If left alone, the value of DGB would probably continue to drop. It's a hard choice. Add more coins now (current state), or add more coins later (proposed change)?

The Digibyte team says that they are in this for the long haul. If they are, then why change for a fix that might cause only short term value stability? Is the Digibyte team looking at DGB as a speculative commodity, or as a currency? Value of the coin is not important. Acceptance into the marketplace is.
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Guiz GUIZ! Theres so many people watching this right now.. all eyes are on DGB! Keep up the great pumps! ZOMG MOON! STARS! VENUS! FAST CARS! YACHTS!!!

I guess you followed every step and still you're trying.
Need to give you some credits for that.
Jump to: