Pages:
Author

Topic: ★ Digitalcoin(DGC) Discussion & Info thread - Organic Growth since May 2013! ★ - page 3. (Read 9645 times)

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
bump... cmon i thought bitcointalk was the largest coin forum. speak up ya'll.

Not very many people give a rats ass about DGC anymore since Baritus failed to deliver on his claims time after time.  It will take something big and creative from the new foundation to make people notice it again.  And in my opinion the changes i have seen discussed like changing block reward (again) and changing algo seem more like changes of desperation than changes of innovation..

Maybe DGC's not for you ?
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Self moderated threads to keep the trolls out.
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

Not very many people give a rats ass about DGC anymore since Baritus failed to deliver on his claims time after time.  It will take something big and creative from the new foundation to make people notice it again.  And in my opinion the changes i have seen discussed like changing block reward (again) and changing algo seem more like changes of desperation than changes of innovation..
Activity: 729
Merit: 502

Since you asked, The DGC Foundation could answer the following.

1. Does the foundation believe the story of the theft? Ref: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/digitalcoin-dev-robbed-514689
2. Will the DGC Foundation work with Baritus in the future?
3. If he wanted to be part of the foundation, is than an option for him?
4. Does the DGC want Digitalcoin to succeed?

~BCX~

Those are questions for the Foundation, this thread is just for discussing DGC and how it can be improved.

Besides, you're impossible to talk to BCX. You're completely ignoring the logical points I'm making against your claims, it's pointless to continue discourse with you. I will not aid your campaign to defame a legitimate altcoin.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

bcx is drinking his troubles away as he watches his wealth dissapear into bitcoins decline Cheesy

too busy to destroy other peoples coins  Roll Eyes
There's nothing wrong with proof-of-stake as long as it's implemented slowly over a period of time, PPC is the best PoS coin out in my opinion. You keep PoW rewards to ensure distribution of coins; the weakness of PoS are bagholders that hold more that 50% of the supply. By keeping PoW the foremost method of distribution you circumvent that weakness of PoS.

Really, DGC wouldn't be pure PoS until maybe a decade after its implementation.

Merged-mining is a safer route to take initially, assuming we don't get the hash we hope for in this next update.
Activity: 500
Merit: 501
http://digitalcoin.org/
Thanks for taking an interest, ideally we need to secure the hashrate indefinitely.. we'll see. I was hoping to start a discourse over merged-mining/PoS but of course the thread gets derailed..

bump, i guess. If you're reading this thread, post something!

I little side topic is okay cosmoo. This didn't get completely derailed.

Considering the current wealth distribution, and all personal interest aside, I don't think a move toward PoS would be viewed favorably. 

That said, i would think that adequate hashrate across the three algorithms is very important. I'm curious to know why the switch to multi algorithms will impact the hashrate.

Low hashrate should be fixed when you do your switch. If you still need hash after that, I may be able to drum up a stupid high amount of X11 hash for you, at least for a little bit.

Very decent of you Wolf0. I assume that the possibility of applying X11 hash comes from a desire to help out, and this is admirable. Let me ask...  from your perspective, would it make sense to dedicate a modest amount of hash on a permanent basis? If so or not, what would be the driving factor to encourage folks to do so?  Is this going to be based strictly on the market value of Digitalcoin, or would other considerations apply?

TT
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Thanks for helping combat the trolls Wolf. Based on his behavior I'd guess BCX has become a FUD puppet for whales, Monero got a heavy shakedown on Poloniex along with his posting of a 'coin-killing' bug found in the CryptoNote scheme. XMR's price is still holding steady though, and BCX hasn't actually done anything to the coin, so I'm pretty suspicious of the guy. He probably just has to make noise to keep his name known, so he can keep getting kickbacks from whales who need to scare the market back into their pockets.

Now... can we please stop obsessing over something that really isn't worth obsessing over? 560k/3% of DGC got dumped on market. Seriously.. that is not something that warrants this much complaining.

The only thing really threatening DGC right now is it's low network hashrate, which we are trying to rectify. Can we please get back on topic? I've outlined two options we could take, merge-mining and turning PoS, I would love to hear some other ideas.

The best plan I can figure is merge mining SHA and scrypt algorithms to BTC and LTC, and giving them minimal block rewards, while leaving the third-algo something that is asic resistant and giving it a majority of the minted coins. This would secure 2/3 of the network through BTC/LTC asics while keeping most of the rewards in the hands of small-time solo miners.

Right now the plan is to swap to multi-algo and see how much hashpower we get from that, if it isn't satisfactory we can look at other options.

My question is why he does it. Not like he needs the money so badly that he's getting paid to dig up drama. Lying about XMR does fit, though - he can easily leverage his fame and wealth to make more by buying asstons of XMR when it dropped, then dumping a while after everyone realizes he was full of shit. Best part is, it'll work until the cows come home, because all he has to do is kill a coin every now and then to keep the sheep nice and afraid.

Low hashrate should be fixed when you do your switch. If you still need hash after that, I may be able to drum up a stupid high amount of X11 hash for you, at least for a little bit.
Thanks for taking an interest, ideally we need to secure the hashrate indefinitely.. we'll see. I was hoping to start a discourse over merged-mining/PoS but of course the thread gets derailed..

bump, i guess. If you're reading this thread, post something!
Activity: 500
Merit: 501
http://digitalcoin.org/
Never ceases to amaze me how some people consider it an accomplishment if they are able to damage or destroy something. People who think this way are rarely constructive or productive, but instead present their destructive actions as somehow benefiting others. Perhaps this is due to a fear of failure. It takes much more courage and effort to build or create or improve something, and the reward is exponentially greater. I admire the Digitalcoin community for accepting the challenge of rebuilding this coin, and I encourage any critics to join in this effort and contribute some energy toward its success.

Back to the topic...

I have been opposed to merge mining because it has always appeared to me as a sign of weakness. Not enough hashrate, so borrow some from another network. In seeing some of the recent implementations, I'm beginning to have a different opinion. Perhaps I need to understand it better?  Would it be possible to implement the multiple algorithms and merge mine on two of the algorithms (scrypt and SHA256) but not on the third (X11)? I'd really love to see comments on the pros and cons of merge mining, or merge mining across multiple algorithms.

TT
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
DGC network hashrate went over 12GH tonight.  So it's either BCX is now mining it or more multipools are hopping on.

-tb-
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

The only thing really threatening DGC right now is it's low network hashrate.

Given this fact, you think taunting is the smart move.

~BCX~

Maybe he just doesn't care anymore about you waiving your dick around. Maybe nobody does.
Activity: 578
Merit: 250
So a penguin and a farmer walk into a bar.......

And the penguin says....."He's not an eggplant, he's retarded.".......
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Well, this is true for most of the altcoins so nothing new there. 

BCX, the only reason you have to kill off DGC is baritus.  Why you are so obsessed with him we will never know.  Regardless of what you hear, he is no longer involved in the development of DGC now or in the future.  The Foundation has capable developers to handle any tasks.  If we are ever in need of help, there won't be a shortage of developers out there that we can hire to do the job.  This is why the Foundation goal is to hold one million DGC to pay for future projects.

Baritus is now a member of the DGC community like anyone who belongs to a coin community.  He is free to support the coins he believes in.  To say that he is still involved in the development of DGC now or any time in the future is a false statement. 

So if you still have the interest to kill off DGC, then you have other motivations other than baritus. 

-tb-

Thanks for helping combat the trolls Wolf. Based on his behavior I'd guess BCX has become a FUD puppet for whales, Monero got a heavy shakedown on Poloniex along with his posting of a 'coin-killing' bug found in the CryptoNote scheme. XMR's price is still holding steady though, and BCX hasn't actually done anything to the coin, so I'm pretty suspicious of the guy. He probably just has to make noise to keep his name known, so he can keep getting kickbacks from whales who need to scare the market back into their pockets.

Now... can we please stop obsessing over something that really isn't worth obsessing over? 560k/3% of DGC got dumped on market. Seriously.. that is not something that warrants this much complaining.

The only thing really threatening DGC right now is it's low network hashrate, which we are trying to rectify. Can we please get back on topic? I've outlined two options we could take, merge-mining and turning PoS, I would love to hear some other ideas.

The best plan I can figure is merge mining SHA and scrypt algorithms to BTC and LTC, and giving them minimal block rewards, while leaving the third-algo something that is asic resistant and giving it a majority of the minted coins. This would secure 2/3 of the network through BTC/LTC asics while keeping most of the rewards in the hands of small-time solo miners.

Right now the plan is to swap to multi-algo and see how much hashpower we get from that, if it isn't satisfactory we can look at other options.
Activity: 578
Merit: 250
Well things around here just got interesting.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.

All Baritus had to do to put the whole issue to rest was simply post the the public addresses of the "stolen" wallet.

He refused because he knows that if he post the address from his account he can no longer deny that was the correct address.

that wouldn't solve anything, it'd just be adding fuel to peoples misplaced rage, you know damn well the general public can't be put to rest that easily. i don't really understand what you're trying to say about him no longer being able to 'deny that was the correct address', he isn't denying anything. revealing personal information about himself isn't going to make that 560k magically reappear, it's just going to incite more rage. if you have a problem PM the guy himself. this is really not worth fighting over.

in regards to you trying to make me look like an idiot, baritus is OFFERING help, he is not directly involved with development, only as an external resource should we ask. do not twist my words. as far as i know he hasn't touched the new code ahmed brought in for us. please stop trolling us bcx. all the people involved with DGC now are active in the IRC channel, join it and talk to us before raising hell on the forums.

if you wouldn't mind i'd appreciate it if you'd reformat your post so it isn't attention-grabbing. it sends an incomplete message.

The reason that Baritus will not post the address is because if he comes forward and says that the address is "xyz" and I prove that he moved coins from "xyz" to a verified account in his name and sold them, it 100% outs him for the liar he is. By not posting the address he can always deny any address connecting him to it *is not* the stolen address.

His refusal to post the address, as well as provide any detail on this mystery employee or even how it is that his personal machine could be accessed screams BS.

So, which is it DGC Foundation, is baritus involved or not?

There are two opposite answers from you guys in this thread alone.

~BCX~

You know, BCX, I like you.

... Okay, maybe not. But I think I at least partially understand you. Perhaps you'll help fill in the gaps, because I'm curious. The theory I have that fits the most is that you're quite intelligent, extremely rational, and somewhat sociopathic. If this theory fit all of your actions, then I think you'd be my kind of person. What I find is the most out of place, though, is that whenever I have come across any post of yours that is at least semi-recent, it's been about drama. Given pretty much everything I've seen and read about you, I find it so unlikely that you ACTUALLY care so much about these different wrongdoings or past issues that the chances round down to zero. At first, I figured it was some sort of game - you simply were doing this because it moved something or someone in such a way that favored you, or some plan you had. Now, though... I'm not so sure. Assuming that at least maybe a quarter of the shit on BCT about you is true - relating to what seems like the distant past with the speed at which things change in cryptocurrencies - then you were quite skilled, meaning it stands to reason you still are. So, making that assumption - why the fuck aren't you (publicly) doing something interesting? The idea that someone who is skilled and accomplished (albeit much evidence seems to be anecdotal) in something technical like this - not to mention is commonly believed to have more money than a national bank - is content spending his time hashing over a bunch of drama on a forum isn't even odd. Odd would be a little out of the ordinary, but still plausible. This shit isn't odd, it's insane. I don't care how much money I had, I'd still hack on code and shit, and probably often once the novelty of being rich wore off. So... what is it? Are you doing projects that aren't public, out of curiosity? Am I not paying enough attention? Or is this really it? If so, that's disappointing.

And, for the future, let this go on record: If I ever, for any reason, including, but not limited to head injury, neurodegeneration caused by disease or old age or whatever, lose my drive to learn, experiment, and pursue things I find interesting, then take me out back and put me down like a rabid dog, because I don't have a point to being here anymore.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
if your dick looks like a bag - something's wrong  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: