Pages:
Author

Topic: Discrimination against bounty hunters - page 3. (Read 559 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 593
When life gets hard BUY Bitcoin!
February 09, 2023, 05:14:40 AM
Such a lengthy post but I don’t see the proof of discrimination towards bounty hunter here. I once bounty hunter and just improve my post to participate signature campaign on Bitcoin service board. I never experienced any discrimination during my bounty hunter days. I’m wondering what kind of discrimination you can get by just participating on campaign without doing any shit work here in forum.

Maybe some people here generalized bounty hunter as shit poster because most of the bounty hunter is indeed shit poster if you check their post quality. If you are just doing fine, You can just ignored those comment about bounty hunter if you are not the one who’s being addressed.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718
February 09, 2023, 05:06:06 AM
I think bounty campaigns just have a bad reputation as there are many scam bountys and many people who participate have more than one account. Therefore they have a bad reputation, although certainly not all are bad.

People who take part are certainly not discriminated against across the board, in my opinion. These people can also make a good contribution to the forum if they want to. Just because you participate in a bounty campaign, you can still make good posts or help other people in the forum.

Unfortunately, the majority of bounty participants are only interested in how they can make money. They don't want to help other people or make good contributions. Therefore they usually have more than one account. When you find these people who have more than one account and are cheating on both good and bad bounty campaigns, it is more than fair to punish such people. But that has nothing to do with discrimination.

Bounty campaigns are both a curse and a blessing for the forum. Therefore, you should not remove them from the forum. At least that's my opinion on it.  Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 308
February 09, 2023, 04:36:16 AM
Although I am not a bounty hunter and I don't think I will be one at least for now but a thorough observation reveals to me that bounty hunters and those who post in altcoins are being considered as unserious fellows. The baffling thing is that the managers (mostly high rank members) who bring the work (bounty) received praises and merits but on the other hand, the participants (mostly low ranking members) who participates in the bounties are being regarded as a non serious members and money mongers. This is purely hypocrisy! If I may ask.... Why is the altcoins board and bounty section created in the first place if those who participate in it are look down upon? Why are managers still bringing bounties despite bashing the participants of not contributing to the forum positively aside bounties? What will happen if all or majority of the bounty participants stop participating? How do you all expect the managers to survive without having those to participate in the work they bring? A reputable manager Julerz12 just confessed that he has no side work aside managing a campaign (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61569155). How do you expect the likes of him to cope with daily living if hunters decide not to participate in bounty again? Do you think project teams will keep on paying managers without seeing impact of promotion? How can people be aware of new and upcoming projects without bounties? Unless the above questions are answered honestly and without bias then I don't think it is even necessary to look down on them.
I think we have two options here.
Firstly, If the forum doesn't like their activities, I think it would make sense to remove the entire bounty section so we all can focus on improving the forum as we claim to preach and overlook the repercussion it will cause to those affected and secondly, if the forum can not remove the section then it is necessary to tolerate their actions and allow the managers to deal with spammers. Unless it is technical, I don't see how ordinary and normal discussions improve the forum as we claim. We choose not to participate in bounties but they choose to. Let respect their choice.
I stand to be corrected anyway if my submission is not accurate.
Pages:
Jump to: