Pages:
Author

Topic: [Discussion] Altcoin translator blacklist - page 2. (Read 352 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1108
Telegram: @julerz12
October 27, 2021, 01:10:38 AM
First user that is going to get his terrible job exposed on this thread, I'm almost nervous!

User: lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ

--snip--

Wow, what an amazing find!
I'm more surprised when I saw julerz12's trust feedback just below yours which says that this guy lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ worked as a translator in one of the bounties julerz12 managed, and I don't know what made him recommend that translator. I'm not aware with whether julerz12 understands Spanish language personally or gave this feedback just because that guy translated the given material (or else, something's fishy maybe?)

I don't speak Spanish. I made positive feedback since there were no issues regarding his translations that I know of (until now). I do this on all of the translators who I think made a great contribution through their translation services. I simply trusted him. I guess I was wrong to do so.
I have revoked his reservations in my currently active campaigns and all of his translations in the previews campaigns will be reviewed as well.
copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
October 26, 2021, 05:00:53 PM
---
I'm more inclined to think it's the second case. However, I've pm'd him linking to this thread to see if he can reconsider said feedback. It's just a coincidence that both feedbacks have been given today, and honestly, I almost find it funny
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
October 26, 2021, 04:38:32 PM
First user that is going to get his terrible job exposed on this thread, I'm almost nervous!

--snip--

Wow, what an amazing find!
I'm more surprised when I saw julerz12's trust feedback just below yours which says that this guy lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ worked as a translator in one of the bounties julerz12 managed, and I don't know what made him recommend that translator. I'm not aware with whether julerz12 understands Spanish language personally or gave this feedback just because that guy translated the given material (or else, something's fishy maybe?)
copper member
October 26, 2021, 04:18:56 PM

I first noticed this user on the spanish local altcoin ANN board since more than half of then ANNs had been posted by him. This is usually a yellow flag in my book, since I've first-hand experienced in the past how brain damaging these translation jobs can be (and in most cases, you wouldn't get paid and stopped working for similar ones). Upon a closer examination, my eyes started to bleed a bit; I'm going to quote a few gems that make me be sure this guy either doesn't know spanish at all, or is copy pasting on a machine translation tool without proofreading.

Example 1:
----
I haven't made a greenlist because there are already at least 2 that I'm aware of, whereas there was no blacklist as of yet.
List 1
List 2
I didn't want to make something that already exists, or make it look like I'm merit fishing by giving the impression I've spent time in doing something that is worthless. I really want to get rid of this kind of particular spammer.

---
I don't know if it's gonna work, but at least they won't be able to say they didn't know they were hiring a garbage doer. It may also serve as a reference post for the negative feedback that will come with the report
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
October 26, 2021, 03:25:51 PM
That's a great initiative started by you Csmiami, but do you really think bounty managers do care? I believe it's either out of their knowledge (the languages I'm talking about) or they just give away the stakes after considering the translated Ann, website and/or whitepaper as complete and as most of the altcoin related (local) boards are either empty or overlooked by most members here, I hardly believe anyone would care enough to complain. Still, the language I know better, i.e.; Hindi, if I find anything irrelevant or incorrect in the translations by any translator in our local boards, I'll definitely update. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
October 26, 2021, 03:25:07 PM
this is probably a good initiative, cheaters should be separated and marked.
but why not make a translator green list as well? shouldn't they also be rewarded in some way for good work? I believe that would help managers and project owners when assigning jobs to someone.
I think there was even one such list, but it probably hasn't been updated for a long time.
copper member
October 26, 2021, 03:15:26 PM
After the idea of creating a blacklist of some sort for altcoin campaign translation cheaters (and thus, spammers), I've finally found some time in order to create the topic accordingly. I honestly want this to be used, and even if I'm being way to optimistic thinking it will actually help reduce spammy and shitty translations, I still hold some hope.

The list is available on its own thread, on the Altcoin Bounty boards; where the intended target usually roams (altcoin bounty managers); who knows, if we get lucky, they may actually take a look at it.

The only problem with this, is that it doesn't prevent spam from happening the first time, but if a user is caught using shitty translations and is added to the list, there's a slim chance he won't get accepted in a new campaign; besides having the translated ANN deleted (and they'll create new accounts until one of the sides can't take it anymore).

The list will remain as a locked thread (and self moderated I'm hella stupid and forgot to mark the option) to prevent spam getting there, so this thread will be linked as a place for discussion/reporting of this wannabe translators. They may even try prove their innocence here, but if they've made this far down...

Now that I've introduced the thread(s), I'll get to writing the first actual report on a spammy translator  Wink may that serve as reference if someone wants to deal with them this way!

[BLACKLIST] Translation campaign cheaters

PS: This thread has been created on the reputation board since it is directly linked with the reputation of the so called translators on the forum overall.
Pages:
Jump to: