Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion: Disappearing coins on poloniex - page 2. (Read 2090 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
In the trollbox an mod just said that they are having issues with ETC wallets, but working on it. Seems also to be related to the delay of deposit + withdrawls.
Maybe its not just ETC. Some people report they lost BTC, for me it was BURST.
That is true Smiley My intention was not "i will open a thread at bitcointalk in order to solve the problem", but more "give all the victims from the trollbox at polo at better place to discuss about the issue" (because i'm not the only one).

Maybe i should change the topic to make this more clear, sorry for misleading here.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Yes, i contacted the supported, but havent heard from the back yet (which is ok, i opened the ticket like ~20hours ago, still fine for me, can imagine they have a lot of tickets atm).

Before it happend, i _did_ had a stop-limit (but with limit 750 satoshi i think, not .. "0"), and stop actually should not have been triggered around that time, plus no trade showing up in my history. In other words: according to trading- and deposit/withdrawl-history, my balance is simply wrong.

These things only their support team can help you correctly. Unless someone else faces issue then they can just give you advice what they did. But to solve this issue you may need to wait for their first reply to your issue. If their reply is not satisfactory then you can open up the thread with all the proofs then it will help. If you just say that you're balance is just disappear without proof difficult to understand.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
Yes, i contacted the supported, but havent heard from the back yet (which is ok, i opened the ticket like ~20hours ago, still fine for me, can imagine they have a lot of tickets atm).

Before it happend, i _did_ had a stop-limit (but with limit 750 satoshi i think, not .. "0"), and stop actually should not have been triggered around that time, plus no trade showing up in my history. In other words: according to trading- and deposit/withdrawl-history, my balance is simply wrong.
When you have done the right of contacting support, the next thing is to wait which you have done then the opening of this thread is not necessary its when they didn't answer you within reasonable time, thats when this will be the last option and there are ways to go bout it. No amount of comments here will solve the situation you are facing rather from their support team which I am sure they will have an explanation for.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I have also heard about this and they are getting DDOS attack for several times in last few days. The recent turns out to be worst and the one who have set stop limit or have open long position on XRP and Burst got liquidated and i think that's why most of people lost their all balances. I have no any open orders there so was in safe side.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Yeah contact support, as much as you want to hate them for their problems they won't start stealing your coins for no reason, that would kill the site in record time.

As long as you contact them there is pretty much zero chance you will get screwed over.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
If this is legit, I am sorry for your loss, please contact support @ Polo.  BUT....newbie account?  Loss claims?  I've traded on Polo since it started and have NEVER had a problem.
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
Did u contact their support? They will credit your losing money.
Hm, the "trading lags" are a different topic in my opinion, because
a) that order requests time out sounds like a legit side-effect of ddos
b) the fact that prices go down-like-hell when the trading engine comes back also sounds logical

..still, of course, this is ..horrible Cheesy But what makes me wonder much more is the "coins just disappeared" thing. Still could be a side-effect of ddos, like "we have a microservice architecture, and the balances are fetched from a different stack which is not operational atm. If fetch-balance requests time out, its shown os "0.00". Still, as this is really really scary, i would expect an statement about that. Like "balances might show wrong values, dont panic, cold wallets are safe"...something like that. But mods seem to simply ignore all questions about that, and that is...either "strange" or "close to 'stupid' behaviour".

As i had some btc on em-tee gox back then, this starts to feel like a deja-vue....really hoping it will have a happy ending this time..
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
this is a new thing that i hear, all i heard was people complaining that Poloniex is saying they are under DDoS attack but trading works and it doesn't work for them!

meaning they sat behind their computer watching others sell (who these others are, is not clear yet) and they could not do anything. nothing worked and they kept getting logged out of poloniex!

all you can do is to send them a ticket. and if you missed the chance to sell, they won't care.
Hi,

Yesterday Polo had a super big lag (think ~2-4pm CET), then trading start working again, all looked.."ok'ish", my coins were still there. But when i logged in again ~1 hour later, my BURST coins were just-gone. Nothing in the transaction history, nothing in withdrawl history. Which is good i think, at least it does not look like "my account was hacked". According to the trollbox, i'm not the only one affected, from what i got it looks like "a random bunch of users lost a random bunch of coins in different currencies", but it sounds like its always "all coins gone" or nothing.

Anyone else affected? Not that it helps in bringing the coins back, but as Polo-Mangement is super quite about this (only announcement was "we are under heavy DDOS atm" on twitter), i would like the have a feeling if its "just me + handful of people from the trollbox" or much-more users.
Pages:
Jump to: