Pages:
Author

Topic: Diversify Investments - page 29. (Read 4092 times)

Activity: 153
Merit: 14
SOLARIS COIN
April 29, 2018, 02:11:25 PM
It depends on how are you going to assess your self based on the level of skill you possess to survive the market, what is your plans in crypto for short and long term, and how deep did you know on how did technology works because this will be your foundation on how are you going to diversify your assets either aggressive or conservative a long the way. A good preparation can survive even the hardest battle its all about controlling the risk and taking your profits so have the discipline needed for your plans to succeed.
Activity: 170
Merit: 0
April 29, 2018, 01:45:48 PM
Uncertain. In business, if you do not know enough to win in an investment or trade. Diversification may lose its reserves and it is unlikely to compensate for any problems or losses. For the crypto market too, if you invest BTC and ETH at the time of market recovery and move up trend now. It's a comfortable issue for you to control the fund and diversify your investment into a few quality altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
April 29, 2018, 01:06:07 PM
If you want to diversify, then settle for Bitcoin or Ethereum then the rest of the money you plan for investing will be split into other kinds of investments. It could be a property like real estate or gold maybe. Focusing on Bitcoin and alt coin may sound like a good idea but go for something that can be easily sold too to those that are not into cryptocurrency.
Activity: 71
April 29, 2018, 12:54:28 PM
Usually they recommend you to diversify your investment, so you avoid losses.

But as a real approach, having $1.5k, would you invest in how many cryptocurrencies ?

What if I invest little by little, only in Bitcoin, would that work as well ?
Invest $500 in ICOs..$1000 for existing altcoins..

If you invest for example $1.5k in bitcoin with the current market price of $9.5k per btc,you need btc to hit $19k before having 100% profits..for sure by that time there are altcoins that already have 300-400% growth.
Diversification is not a new concept. We should remember that investing is an art form, not a knee-jerk reaction, so the time to practice disciplined investing with a diversified portfolio is before diversification becomes a necessity.
Activity: 532
Merit: 13
April 29, 2018, 12:44:30 PM
When investing in stocks and shares it is very unlikely you would purchase just one company shares. On a small investment that is why unit trusts and investment trusts are popular. Same with cryptos. Spread your investment.
Activity: 23
April 29, 2018, 11:43:08 AM
The market is arranged so that new currencies are constantly emerging which fall into the top 5-10-20. Once such was Ethereum, then TRON, now EOS. With such investments as you, you should rather look for a small undervalued coin with a capitalization of 100 million. And probably it's better to invest in several such coins
Activity: 84
April 29, 2018, 10:10:30 AM
I think this is a nice idea. When money is spread across coins you will certainly have the edge of gaining rather than losing too quickly because each coin behaves differently. Yet one thing troubles me, I have seen how bitcoin almost dictate all of the cryptocurrencies. This means that when bitcoin goes very low, others really follow. So it could still happen that you can lose your investments on the same day if left unchecked. What are your ideas on this?

I think diversify investment is important to bitcoin investors, propagating crypto currencies and coins, may lead to socialized  bitcoin by gaining more profit and aiming high for the better future. So we must be careful by investing bitcoin for wemay not lose our hard works.
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!
April 29, 2018, 03:28:40 AM
I think this is a nice idea. When money is spread across coins you will certainly have the edge of gaining rather than losing too quickly because each coin behaves differently. Yet one thing troubles me, I have seen how bitcoin almost dictate all of the cryptocurrencies. This means that when bitcoin goes very low, others really follow. So it could still happen that you can lose your investments on the same day if left unchecked. What are your ideas on this?
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
April 29, 2018, 02:03:55 AM

But as a real approach, having $1.5k, would you invest in how many cryptocurrencies ?

Well its better to diversify investments because of the risks too though , but then again it's better to put your half of your money to such , top 10 alt coins I guess , and bitcoin.

Always remember that bitcoin is advisable and profitable when it's long term investment , to alt coins it's better to short term investment.

I totally agree but instead of the top 10 coins i'd rather go all the way into bitcoin and then the other half on other commodities on the stock exchange like gold or silver because all crypto-currencies have shown a pattern which seems to be appreciating and depreciating with bitcoin.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 29, 2018, 01:53:44 AM

Well its better to diversify investments because of the risks too though , but then again it's better to put your half of your money to such , top 10 alt coins I guess , and bitcoin.

Always remember that bitcoin is advisable and profitable when it's long term investment , to alt coins it's better to short term investment.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
April 28, 2018, 11:32:04 PM
I do agree that diversifying your investments into several and different kinds is a good strategy in managing your finances. It is mainly to reduce your losses if one fails just in case.
I would say that the top ranking cryptocoins have a good potential and are a good investment. Try to invest to matters excluded digitally like real estate, stocks and etc - they are popular for a reason.
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
April 28, 2018, 11:28:07 PM

Invest $500 in ICOs..$1000 for existing altcoins..

If you invest for example $1.5k in bitcoin with the current market price of $9.5k per btc,you need btc to hit $19k before having 100% profits..for sure by that time there are altcoins that already have 300-400% growth.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
April 28, 2018, 09:59:31 PM
Diversifying is a good strategy when investing however its important to choose the coins you would like to invest in and not just a random suggestion of others.

Better to do your own research if you dont want to fall in coins that is likely to be delisted in exchanges soon. Your capital is good enough to start investing, I want to be in a safe side hence if if I were you I will invest in btc, eth and ltc these coins will give you huge profit if you will hodl it for long term.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
April 28, 2018, 09:46:29 PM
There are also some pros and cons in diversifying investment for example you wont get the most of what you've invested because you've put in just a little money in each token especially when you only got a small capital. I think it's good to put everything, in the crypto you believe that can make you successful.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
April 28, 2018, 09:38:55 PM

Diversifying your investments makes sense when you are investing a huge amount of money, so the question is, is it 1500 a lot of money for you? If it is then you need to diversify your investments but if that is not really a lot of money for you then investing only in bitcoin is not a bad idea at all, even investing only in bitcoin at the beginning even if your plan is to diversify eventually is not a bad move at all.
Activity: 952
Merit: 107
April 28, 2018, 10:24:48 AM
If I had $1,500 for investment I'd divide my coins like 30% on holding Bitcoin and the rest would be divided to the top alternate coins of my choice. And when the coins I have invested would drop down then that would be the time I will buy again when the price is dropping so I would be able to diversify that certain coin itself and would have lesser losses.
That is good to diversify investment in different crypto coin. As long as the coins has potential for growth along the market which will less the risk of losing the amount and the value of it. It is good decision when your funds are diversify for investment. If ever that I also get high amount, I can do the same because there are lot of opportunity to earn profit.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
April 28, 2018, 09:18:34 AM

I think you got it wrong. Diversification should be done in different area of investments. So let's say you have bitcoin or altcoins, to be able to diversify, you need to invest on stocks, or real estate of even gold. That is what we call diversification. It doesn't necessary mean you have to diversify with other crypto because we all know that every altcoins has correlation with bitcoin price movement.

I like what you have pointed, all atcoins and other cryptos are very much dependent on bitcoin, diversifying on different coins is like having multiple business with the same line of business, all are partakers of the total market share, which likely will affect the profit. Is is recommended that if we want to diversify our investments, invest it in diffrerent types or lines of business. Same goes with cryptos, but 2 to 3 coins maybe will not hurt you.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
April 28, 2018, 08:50:38 AM
I formed my portfolio, where the bulk belongs to bitcoin (about 40%). But I also invested up to 25% of my money in the Ethereum. And the rest of the money I distributed proportionally between the 4 altcoins.
Activity: 702
Merit: 255
April 28, 2018, 08:31:29 AM

I would invest 50/50 in your place. 50% in bitcoin and 50% in promising altcoins, such as: EOS, Tezos, Ether, Ripple, ZEC .......
Altkoins will grow in relation to bitcoin, and bitcoin in relation to the dollar, it turns out that altcoin will grow much stronger against the dollar.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 27, 2018, 04:46:42 AM
you can choose to risk your money by investing in altcoins, which means you must be willing to lose almost all your money because altcoins can even fall to more than 80% of your value if something goes wrong, or you choose to invest in bitcoin for long-term, which will give you more security and comfort in the future. Diversify is very good, but you run a lot of risks if you invest in projects that are not good, my advice is that you just stay in bitcoin
Altcoins have a way to at least serve their own purpose anyway which is buy in the dip during accumulation which they usually reach the bottom most of the time and sell into FOMO to increase your bitcoin and that is all they are ever good for.

I am sure altcoin fans will not like that, but I have only gotten to see few altcoins that are actually sustainable in growth without the to and fro bottom to top movement. I really do not see altcoins as investments, probably for the short term profits which they are anyway. For so many reasons, I would rather choose only bitcoin and use alts as a way to increase the bitcoin that I have in the long run.

I am not against altcoins as some of them may actually have a good demand in the future based on the project that they may have, so, in that case, just to at least get some pretty good profits, I may go into some of them but just very few. Altcoins are risky and trying to diversify into more risky environment really does not sound right. For long term investment except if the OP is willing to trade some of his altcoins along the line, I would rather stick my head with bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: