Pages:
Author

Topic: DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI - page 97. (Read 99456 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Can somebody explain to me why there are so many mentions of "plugging into usb"?
From what I can see it's a PCI-E card, just like a GPU?

Also this would mean you could stick those into a normal motherboard, so why the need for a special fpga board?

From what I read a few pages back, it uses the PCI-E riser card to help with power (just like a regular GPU).  The USB connections connect to USB ports though.  Either on the PC/MB or on a USB riser card/hub.

Yes, you connect these FPGA cards to a 'normal motherboard'.  The FPGA board replaces your GPU(s).
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Can somebody explain to me why there are so many mentions of "plugging into usb"?
From what I can see it's a PCI-E card, just like a GPU?

Also this would mean you could stick those into a normal motherboard, so why the need for a special fpga board?
Activity: 301
Merit: 31
It's quite impossibe to get these FPGA's from these producers for people who live in Europe.

Prices are very high + we need to pay VAT + customs.

Is there an alternative FPGA produced by European companies?

+1

Also, is there any info about China producers?
Activity: 8
It's quite impossibe to get these FPGA's from these producers for people who live in Europe.

Prices are very high + we need to pay VAT + customs.

Is there an alternative FPGA produced by European companies?
Activity: 504
Merit: 3
i want to buy some of these

Contact Jason. The email is on the first post. Remember to tell him that Eric sent you and you need the cards for mining.
I am also keen for some info on the group buy

edit just noticed above damn no shipping outside usa?

Nope. They do not ship outside the USA. Also organizing a group buy is a big headache. Jason wrote me that a group buy could help with the orders (not sure what he means, maybe to speed up the orders) but there is no discount...

Well then it definitely makes more sense to place individual orders - less risk for everybody and much less headache for the organizer of course. Did they mention anything about minimum order quantity ?

No MOQ for now
Who's organizing the group buy?

I was going to organize it. I am in contact with Jason. The things are:

1) There is no discount for group buy

2) They ONLY ships to the USA

Found these available online in other countries ( https://www.digikey.it/product-detail/it/xilinx-inc/DK-U1-VCU1525-A-G/122-2072-ND/7930881 )

Is this the exact same item?

In case it is not, could we (UK) pay an additional shipping from USA to european countries?

THanks

As far as Jason told me it's not about shipping. It's about their rules... You can email him directly tho.

Is the item listed on digikey is the same one ? If so, we can order on digikey.

For EU residents, Remember that the price at digikey always is VAT out.

yes item is the same. Just digikey do not keep in stock and they usually order out of stock items only once there are enough on order...
Activity: 24
Do you know if these things will work plugged into USB 2.0?
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
i want to buy some of these
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
what about bittware ?
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

Found these available online in other countries ( https://www.digikey.it/product-detail/it/xilinx-inc/DK-U1-VCU1525-A-G/122-2072-ND/7930881 )

In case it is not, could we (UK) pay an additional shipping from USA to european countries?

THanks

As far as Jason told me it's not about shipping. It's about their rules... You can email him directly tho.

Is the item listed on digikey is the same one ? If so, we can order on digikey.

For EU residents, Remember that the price at digikey always is VAT out.
copper member
Activity: 91

Nope. They do not ship outside the USA. Also organizing a group buy is a big headache. Jason wrote me that a group buy could help with the orders (not sure what he means, maybe to speed up the orders) but there is no discount...

Well then it definitely makes more sense to place individual orders - less risk for everybody and much less headache for the organizer of course. Did they mention anything about minimum order quantity ?

THanks

Activity: 30

THanks
Activity: 253
Merit: 100

edit just noticed above damn no shipping outside usa?!

Activity: 30
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
copper member
Activity: 91