Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 211. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes

What is DNotes Coin?
Dnotes Coin is a cryptocurrency which the gap between the decentralized block chainwould include poker world and the centralized real world.
Read More https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-dnotes-coin.html

Welcome Geekxplore, thank you for the write up!

1 recommendation for your article:
I think "would include poker" is a typo or included by accident.

Otherwise great brief summary!
Activity: 56
Merit: 3

What is DNotes Coin?
Dnotes Coin is a cryptocurrency which the gap between the decentralized block chainwould include poker world and the centralized real world.
Read More https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-dnotes-coin.html
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
Been lurking for a while on here. Really like the angle DNotes took in approaching funding and crypto in general.

Are there any plans to get marketing / more community involvement? At the moment the subreddit is totally dead and discord seems to be the primary avenue of communication these days (for good reason) where Dnotes has no presence at all. Any plans on stepping up on those fronts around the time of the launch of DNotes 2.0 next month?

Welcome doctorlw1, thank you for your interest in DNotes and suggestions. Appreciate the reminder on Reddit, I had a few updates to send over there.

We do have plans for an aggressive marketing plan scheduled for our fundraising efforts and the release of DNotes 2.0.

Discord - I've only looked into it briefly. It appears to be designed as a IRC / TeamSpeak / Conference type platform and seems to be a good place to send people to chat. The question is, is it worth spending resources there? How does it benefit DNotes? and, How much does it benefit DNotes?

It would be very low cost / minimally resource intensive for DNotes to maintain a Discord channel as most of the heavy lifting would be done by the community itself. Obviously one employee at minimum would need to update announcements, be around to answer occasional questions, tech support.. but that's no different than maintaining a presence on bitcointalk.

Yes, IRC/Teamspeak is a pretty accurate depiction. The biggest advantage is it allows the community to interact with each other very easily as well as provide an easily accessible centralized location for the most up-to-date information. Most discord channels are arranged as some variation of the following:

# announcements (official announcements and links)
# rules
# faqs
# general chat
# support (for wallet issues, etc)
# business / development
# trading (for people to talk about price and not clog up other channels with more in depth discussion)
# alternative languages
# anything. I've seen a number of creative uses with these channels.

A strong community is key to growth and while the DNotes bitcointalk presence is a good one, a discord channel is really key to organically growing a community. I've noticed that telegram is starting to take a back seat to Discord as people realize it's just a much better platform.

I think the uses will be readily apparent if you look at some successful discords, a couple great examples of active and well run discords are (among many others):

Nano
https://discordapp.com/invite/JphbBas

Electra - which has really taken a community coin to the next level with creative uses of Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/B8F7Jdv

I don't think it's necessarily a priority now, but as DNotes 2.0 get's closer to launch next month and interest starts picking up I wouldn't be overlooking a very cheap, cost effective way of attaining organic community growth. Electra in particular has been good at taking advantage of the community by quickly organizing the members to go and vote to get listed on exchanges (they almost always win community vote now).

Thank you for sharing, doctorlw1. Your support for DNotes is greatly appreciated. We will take your recommendation of a discord channel seriously, as we get closer to DNotes 2.0 launch. Voting support to get DNotes listed on larger exchanges will be quite valuable.
legendary
DNotes
Been lurking for a while on here. Really like the angle DNotes took in approaching funding and crypto in general.

Are there any plans to get marketing / more community involvement? At the moment the subreddit is totally dead and discord seems to be the primary avenue of communication these days (for good reason) where Dnotes has no presence at all. Any plans on stepping up on those fronts around the time of the launch of DNotes 2.0 next month?

Welcome doctorlw1, thank you for your interest in DNotes and suggestions. Appreciate the reminder on Reddit, I had a few updates to send over there.

We do have plans for an aggressive marketing plan scheduled for our fundraising efforts and the release of DNotes 2.0.

Discord - I've only looked into it briefly. It appears to be designed as a IRC / TeamSpeak / Conference type platform and seems to be a good place to send people to chat. The question is, is it worth spending resources there? How does it benefit DNotes? and, How much does it benefit DNotes?

It would be very low cost / minimally resource intensive for DNotes to maintain a Discord channel as most of the heavy lifting would be done by the community itself. Obviously one employee at minimum would need to update announcements, be around to answer occasional questions, tech support.. but that's no different than maintaining a presence on bitcointalk.

Yes, IRC/Teamspeak is a pretty accurate depiction. The biggest advantage is it allows the community to interact with each other very easily as well as provide an easily accessible centralized location for the most up-to-date information. Most discord channels are arranged as some variation of the following:

# rules
# faqs
# general chat
# business / development
# trading (for people to talk about price and not clog up other channels with more in depth discussion)
# alternative languages

A strong community is key to growth and while the DNotes bitcointalk presence is a good one, a discord channel is really key to organically growing a community. I've noticed that telegram is starting to take a back seat to Discord as people realize it's just a much better platform.

I think the uses will be readily apparent if you look at some successful discords, a couple great examples of active and well run discords are (among many others):

Nano

Electra - which has really taken a community coin to the next level with creative uses of Discord

I don't think it's necessarily a priority now, but as DNotes 2.0 get's closer to launch next month and interest starts picking up I wouldn't be overlooking a very cheap, cost effective way of attaining organic community growth. Electra in particular has been good at taking advantage of the community by quickly organizing the members to go and vote to get listed on exchanges (they almost always win community vote now).

Excellent! Thank you for the detailed information! Those are great examples,  I can see there is some really good engagement. What we may need at some point is dedicated community / social managers to branch out into these avenues.
legendary
Here is the current checklist. I encourage everyone to contribute.

Looking good DNotes team!  A couple ideas I have, that might already be part of the plan;

An address book for the DNotes vault.  I have many friends and family that use the vault, and it would be nice to be able to store their address so we don't have to ask each time we want to transfer.

A basic phone app, if security would allow.  Just a simple way to access our vault, maybe with withdraw limitations.  A way to transfer DNotes within the vault, and on the blockchain.  Also, maybe a shapeshift type application within to exchange currencies on the go.

It's all coming together nicely.  Exciting times for the DNotes community.  Thanks for all the hard work Joe, Alan, Tim, Kevin and the rest of the team.

Appreciate it Dan, good suggestions. Mobile definitely needs to be on the list. Shapeshift integration is a great idea as well, once we release DNotes 2.0 and start marketing it as well as getting listed on some of the bigger exchanges will be natural.

Thank you, Dan. Going through that check list is a good remainder of how much our lean and agile team has accomplished in four years – that is the result of mostly volunteered time and financial contributions from a few individuals. We never asked the community for donation or used any ICOs for funding. Everything has been based on a personal commitment to do the right things for the benefits of everyone who supports our cause. DNotes will become a classic case that when common people get together with a common purpose and commitment to pursue a shared vision, uncommon result of the highest expectation can be achieved – the best in class.

Recently, I have the privilege of seeing a preview of DNotesEDU, funded and managed by volunteers who are also part of the DNotes team. It was inspirational. I am certainly anxious to see the reaction of our community when it is officially launched. And as I understand, it will be very soon.

The whole philosophy behind DNotes and our ecosystems is hard for most people to understand. It is especially difficult when one is only exposured to a segment of what we are about. DNotes is more than just another digital currency. It is a uniquely positioned digital currency being built with fully integrated ecosystems to the benefits of everyone. We are dedicated to educating and leading by example. We believe that for our industry to succeed, someone must contribute to those vital roles.

The launching of DNotes 2.0 will mark the completion of our first phase and the beginning of an exciting phase two – one of technology enhancement and rapid scaling globally.

Meanwhile, we are totally focused on two top priorities – launching DNotes 2.0 and two rounds of funding – Reg. D 506 (c) and A+ Mini-IPO in compliance with the SEC securities laws.

At the right time we will active many more PR efforts, social media, and participation in other discussion channels. In the meantime, it is best for our team to remain highly focused.

Thanks for your list of recommendations. Keep them coming.
legendary
DNotes

Looking good DNotes team!  A couple ideas I have, that might already be part of the plan;

An address book for the DNotes vault.  I have many friends and family that use the vault, and it would be nice to be able to store their address so we don't have to ask each time we want to transfer.

A basic phone app, if security would allow.  Just a simple way to access our vault, maybe with withdraw limitations.  A way to transfer DNotes within the vault, and on the blockchain.  Also, maybe a shapeshift type application within to exchange currencies on the go.

It's all coming together nicely.  Exciting times for the DNotes community.  Thanks for all the hard work Joe, Alan, Tim, Kevin and the rest of the team.

Appreciate it Dan, good suggestions. Mobile definitely needs to be on the list. Shapeshift integration is a great idea as well, once we release DNotes 2.0 and start marketing it as well as getting listed on some of the bigger exchanges will be natural.
Activity: 92
Merit: 2

# rules
# faqs
# general chat
# business / development
# alternative languages

Nano

Activity: 39
Merit: 28

Looking good DNotes team!  A couple ideas I have, that might already be part of the plan;

An address book for the DNotes vault.  I have many friends and family that use the vault, and it would be nice to be able to store their address so we don't have to ask each time we want to transfer.

A basic phone app, if security would allow.  Just a simple way to access our vault, maybe with withdraw limitations.  A way to transfer DNotes within the vault, and on the blockchain.  Also, maybe a shapeshift type application within to exchange currencies on the go.

It's all coming together nicely.  Exciting times for the DNotes community.  Thanks for all the hard work Joe, Alan, Tim, Kevin and the rest of the team.

legendary
DNotes

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

Thank you doctorlw1.

Joe raises some fair points regarding the resources required to maintain a presence in online channels, though I am quite sure that if there was an overwhelming percentage of users that wanted to engage with us through that medium, that we would consider an active presence in a discord / telegram channel. As we undertake the upcoming mini-IPO and market ourselves much more aggressively, we may find that we need to have that presence. We certainly prefer to respond to the most urgent community desires and needs, and our support base is set to grow significantly in the near term with the upcoming 2.0 release.

Salon to Readers: Watch Ads or Let Us Use Your Unused Computing Power to Mine Monero

https://dcebrief.com/salon-to-readers-watch-ads-or-let-us-use-your-unused-computing-power-to-mine-monero/
legendary
DNotes

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

legendary
DNotes
Happy Valentines Day all!

Working on a checklist, broken down by Accomplishments, In Progress, Wish List / Future Projects, and Long Term Goals. This will also be included in the white paper. Currently there are 60 items in total, if you would like to contribute let me know.

Early Data Suggests Few Taxpayers Reporting Crypto Gains and Losses

https://dcebrief.com/early-data-suggests-few-taxpayers-reporting-crypto-gains-and-losses/
legendary

I am not sure if everything will be normal again in two weeks. But things are certainly beginning to settle - regaining more favorable sentiments.

Next Bitcoin Bull Run to Occur in 2 Weeks:

Pantera By Investopedia
Updated February 13, 2018 — 6:00 AM EST

As bitcoin, the world’s largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, continues to rebound from its lows reached last week, one hedge fund manager expects a major price surge right around the corner.

In an interview with CNBC, Pantera Capital founder and Chief Executive Officer Dan Morehead made bullish calls on bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market in general, suggesting that despite a decline that coincided with a larger market sell-off, the digital currency space is back on track to rake in returns for investors.  (See also: City of Berkeley Considers ICO to Raise Funds.)

“We’re certainly aware that it’s a very speculative market,” said Morehead. “Its volatile on the upside, but it can be volatile on the downside.”

71-Day Countdown
The cryptocurrency enthusiast noted that bitcoin had a 64% fall from its peak around $20,000 to its recent trough, “and that’s exactly the average decline in the bitcoin market over the last seven bear-market cycles.” Adding that while “the past doesn’t predict the future,” Morehead indicated that the dip seems like the right correction for the digital currency based on historical price fluctuations.

The hedge fund CEO also said that bitcoin has had an average bear market of 71 days, and that the current cycle is in its 52nd day. “So it seems like another couple of weeks and everything will be kind of normal and it could start grinding back up,” he stated.

Read more: https://www.investopedia.com/news/next-bitcoin-bull-run-occur-2-weeks-pantera/
Activity: 846
Merit: 535

Thank you very much for the write up Joe. I trust many new to our community will find this helpful!
legendary
DNotes

Interesting project. I will follow this one closely.

Hi JanCoppens, welcome to the DNotes forum!
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
Jump to: