Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 249. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

Everyone at DNotesEDU is keeping busy.  Wink

New post:

What are Bitcoin Futures?

In case you thought the whole concept of bitcoin was already too difficult to grasp for the average person, it is about to make friends with traditional financial products that very few people understand. Cboe Global Markets will be launching bitcoin futures trading later today, followed by CME Group Inc (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) also in December, and Nasdaq later in 2018. The move is certain to bring institutional investors into bitcoin, but whether or not it will bring the predicted stability to the market remains to be seen. Is adding leverage to an already volatile (unstable) market really going to help stabilize it? We are about to find out.

https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/what-are-bitcoin-futures/

I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Bitcoin futures and to see what happens in the markets when bitcoin bears can finally put their money where their mouths are against those who hold more bullish outlooks.

It is reasonable to expect that the Bitcoin price will largely be influenced by the futures markets, and the manipulation therein contained. People that bet on these markets will also not be purchasing the physical underlying asset when they make their bets, which in a sense challenges the notion of 21 million coins giving bitcoin a deflationary nature (fewer can be sold, which puts upwards pressure on price), because Bitcoin's market price will then be decided by a near limitless number of 'coins' worth of futures contracts.

I just read before the article here, which had an interesting near-identical overlay of the Bitcoin price against that of Gold through the 70s, and showed the effect futures had on the Gold markets for anybody who is interested:

https://medium.com/@ImagineTraffic/will-the-futures-market-do-to-bitcoin-what-it-did-to-gold-b7d35704641

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Everyone at DNotesEDU is keeping busy.  Wink

New post:

What are Bitcoin Futures?

In case you thought the whole concept of bitcoin was already too difficult to grasp for the average person, it is about to make friends with traditional financial products that very few people understand. Cboe Global Markets will be launching bitcoin futures trading later today, followed by CME Group Inc (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) also in December, and Nasdaq later in 2018. The move is certain to bring institutional investors into bitcoin, but whether or not it will bring the predicted stability to the market remains to be seen. Is adding leverage to an already volatile (unstable) market really going to help stabilize it? We are about to find out.

https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/what-are-bitcoin-futures/
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Check out the new infographic on DNotesEDU  -  https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/bitcoin-2017-a-year-in-review/

Nicely done guys! Very interesting to see the comparison from year to year, it gained a lot of traction this year.

You made it so easy to understand that something big must be going on. Yes, we are witnessing a massive technology revolution that has been going on since 2009 when Bitcoin was born.

This is a generational opportunity. The DNotes train is about to leave the station. We want to make DNotes accessible to anyone worldwide. Learn more and help us spread the message: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dnotes-20-staking-crisp-interest-dnotes-pay-1924858
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes

Check out the new infographic on DNotesEDU  -  https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/bitcoin-2017-a-year-in-review/

Nicely done guys! Very interesting to see the comparison from year to year, it gained a lot of traction this year.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

legendary
Did quite a bit of recording the last couple days for the Four Pillars book video series. We are now recorded up to Chapter 12, it may take a bit to get them all up.

Chapter 7 - Organizational Structure and Process

Great work on this, the Four Pillars video library is really coming together. In a few years many new entrepreneurs will be very thankful that they got the opportunity to receive all this crucial information for free.

It is amazing how much we have already accomplished. This has been made possible because of the strong support that I have been getting from a rather large team. Let us take another look at the "Acknowledgement" directly from the book:

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Over the course of my time on this Earth, I have discovered that there are only a few things in life that I am really passionate about. Chief among those things are gardening, cooking, and business. My love for the soil led me to spend seven years helping to build Smokeys Daylily gardens into one of the largest daylily growers in the world. I’d also long dreamed of writing a cookbook so that my grandchildren might one day be able to recreate many of grandpa’s dishes that they so loved in their childhood years. That has yet to happen, largely because I am mindful of the tremendous commitment in time and effort that such an endeavor would entail.

That third passion is the one that brings us to these pages today. My forty years of business experience have been filled with intermittent suggestions from others that I write a book like this. And it is probably something that I should have done before now, but – just as with my earlier plan to write a cookbook – I recognized that I would need to make a substantial commitment if I was to produce the sort of business book that could actually be of service to entrepreneurs.

Oddly enough (and as so often happens with these things), it was my involvement in another business endeavor that lit a fire under me to finally get to work on this project. It started about a year after I founded DNotes – a Bitcoin alternative digital currency, in an industry that is perhaps best known for its lack of central control and sound leadership. I had convinced the DNotes team that the best strategy for us to be successful on a long-term basis was to manage DNotes as a business without actually controlling it as one.

My belief was that this approach would enable DNotes to maintain the vital characteristic of remaining decentralized. At the same time, we focused on developing our centralized ecosystem while providing leadership guidance to our community and DNotes. I ended up utilizing every bit of my business experience and leadership skills and built a couple of awesome online communities that eventually became instrumental in making the writing of this book possible.

This has been an amazing experience of teamwork and collaboration in a global setting. I am most grateful to the DNotes and CryptoMoms communities for their encouragement and support. I am particularly indebted to Theodore (Joe) Hauenstein and Kevin DeLucenay for their endless support and encouragement. Joe, in particular, has made significant contributions to make the publishing of this book possible. I am most grateful to the DCEBrief’s team led by Ken Chase, along with Cindy Williamson, Marc Fortenberry, Chris Cooper, and Timothy Goggin; providing me with great research and editing support. Timothy has been most helpful in narrating the DNotes story with editing help from Fernanda Powers, who also contributed to the writing of the Smokeys Gardens’ story.  Additionally, I like to express my thanks and appreciation to Robert, Brandon, Mark, Nele, and many others who assisted in different ways to make the publishing of this book a success.

I am most grateful to everyone who has generously supported my Kickstarter campaign for the launching of this book project. I trust that it will go a long way to help this book realize its goal of being a helpful resource for small business owners and those who are thinking about starting new businesses.

Above all, I am deeply indebted to my family - and most especially my dear wife Lucy for her love, encouragement, and support to see me through.

I am eternally grateful to all who have taught me well, including George Williams College, and Northern Illinois University where I earned my MBA over forty years ago.

This book is dedicated to small business owners worldwide. May you all find the success you seek, and see all your dreams come true.

With best wishes and kind regards,

Alan Yong
legendary
Key Points: How Normal People Get Involved in Cryptocurrency

https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/key-points-how-normal-people-get-involved-in-cryptocurrency/

That is a fantastic article. I am proud of our team.

If DNotes were to be truly successful we must genuinely want to include and help those who can least afford to get started. And we know that is not the top 2% who often claimed that they want to change the world but done little to help the 2.5 billion people that are left out of the financial service systems.

We are at the infancy of a major technology revolution. This is a generational opportunity that no one should be left behind. Let us continue to share what we know and get the words out. When many are successful because of our efforts, DNotes will be successful too. Excellent job DNotesEDU!

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
Key Points : How Normal People Get Involved in Cryptocurrency

https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/key-points-how-normal-people-get-involved-in-cryptocurrency/

That is a great article. I'm going to share it. Earning one's way into cryptocurrencies is largely how I did it for myself Smiley

Thank you Wiser, it's quite inspirational hearing from people who are self made in cryptocurrency!

Then I could tell lots of stories. It seems to me the most sensible way to go about it. But of course, to pull it off, you have to view the whole thing as an industry, not a speculator's playground or get rich quick scheme.
Activity: 128
Merit: 0

That is a great article. I'm going to share it. Earning one's way into cryptocurrencies is largely how I did it for myself Smiley

Thank you Wiser, it's quite inspirational hearing from people who are self made in cryptocurrency!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

Activity: 171
Merit: 10
Did quite a bit of recording the last couple days for the Four Pillars book video series. We are now recorded up to Chapter 12, it may take a bit to get them all up.

Great work on this, the Four Pillars video library is really coming together. In a few years many new entrepreneurs will be very thankful that they got the opportunity to receive all this crucial information for free.
Activity: 128
Merit: 0
legendary
DNotes

legendary

BTW, I had a great conversation with Denver Dan today. It is always rewarding for me to meet our supporters over a lengthy and substantive discussion. Thank you Dan for the opportunity.

Alan, It was great speaking with you as well.  Hearing the passion in your voice, and the 100% commitment you have to this project, has me more excited then ever.  This vision and the team behind it, has what it takes to make DNotes a leading block chain platform.  The foundation laid up to this point, has made the timing for the launch of Dnotes 2.0 perfect.  I am honored and proud to be part of this community, and has my full support in whatever ways possible I can help.    

Thank you, Dan. We appreciate your support very much. You are correct that as things are turning out the timing for the launch of DNotes 2.0 in February 2018 is perfect.
I have made a commitment to engage Laura Anthony of Legal & Compliance, LLC to be our legal counsel to assist and advise us in DNotes Global’s A+ mini IPO Tier 2 to raise up to $50 million from accredited and nonaccredited investors worldwide. We are estimating that our total cost for this project, including PR campaign, will be in the neighborhood $300,000 to $500,000. I strongly encourage our community gain a better understanding of A+ mini IPO. Here is a good starting point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3pXCtoUHs

Based on our business model and the way we are going to structure our offerings, this could be a historic event and a model for our industry to follow.

We will be in a great position to assist DNotes to become an innovative technology leader in our industry. Additionally, it will enable DNotes NextGenVC to do some amazing work in assisting small to mid-sized companies in various ways.

Our fully integrated ecosystem will propel both DNotes and DNotes Global to the next level thereby providing meaningful intrinsic value in support of our digital currency. Yes, everything will be done legally with the blessing of SEC.

To that extent, Dan, I am delighted that you can join our team. Welcome aboard.  
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Coinbase Takes No. 1 Spot on Apple’s App Store

https://dcebrief.com/coinbase-takes-no-1-spot-on-apples-app-store/
legendary
DNotes
Any chance of getting the Pool back online? Been out since yesterday evening at least.. Thx!

Thanks RJF, checking into it.

No response yet, he is usually pretty quick to respond, so I would assume he may be away from his desk. I will let you know as soon as I get a response.

Edit: He just got back to me, should be fixed soon.

Just checked and the DNotesPool.com is back up and running.
Activity: 39
Merit: 28

BTW, I had a great conversation with Denver Dan today. It is always rewarding for me to meet our supporters over a lengthy and substantive discussion. Thank you Dan for the opportunity.

Alan, It was great speaking with you as well.  Hearing the passion in your voice, and the 100% commitment you have to this project, has me more excited then ever.  This vision and the team behind it, has what it takes to make DNotes a leading block chain platform.  The foundation laid up to this point, has made the timing for the launch of Dnotes 2.0 perfect.  I am honored and proud to be part of this community, and has my full support in whatever ways possible I can help.     
legendary
The more I know about cryptos the more I am coming to appreciate what an ingenious project DNotes is. I think Alan Yong is doing all the right things from a business perspective. Circumventing the whole ICO way to raise funds is also very smart. I'm not totally against ICOs, per se, but I see good reasons why it's to DNotes' advantage to not ever go there.

Price stability on DNotes, especially if coupled with a smooth direct crypto to fiat gateway, will be huge. Case in point: today I sold a portion of one of the coins I hold at a high for Bitcoin. Then I converted the Bitcoin for USD. This particular trade worked out well for me as I managed to catch both the coin and Bitcoin very close to their highs. However, with Bitcoin rising or falling by more than a thousand dollars in one day, it would have been very easy to have gotten caught in a rapidly falling market while still in Bitcoin. That actually happened a few months ago and I ended up having to hold onto the BTC for a month until its price came back up.

This sort of high stakes three way trading game that I'm forced to play each time I want to cash out some of my cryptowealth for USD (say to pay bills or go Christmas shopping) is fine for me because I come in with plenty of experience (I've been in this space since March of 2013 and have had lots of practice), but is absolutely insane for a newbie. And if all you want to do is make an exchange, you could easily lose several hundred dollars worth in a matter of minutes or hours. That's not going to work for the general public.

If a coin can hold its value steady relative to USD (steady and gradually rising), and smoothly transition from crypto to USD without having to go through other intermediaries (like Bitcoin or Ethereum), it's going to be ripe for mass adoption. In fact, when the coin pulls that off, there won't be so much need to even use the crypto to fiat gateway because so many other businesses will be OK accepting that coin in payment for goods and services. The next step after that, of course, would be for the coin to have a price that is even more stable and less volatile than USD. Then it can have a stabilizing effect on USD and other fiat currencies.

I'm really looking forward to 2018 in terms of DNotes!

Thank you, wiser, for your strong vote of confidence, “The more I know about cryptos the more I am coming to appreciate what an ingenious project DNotes is. I think Alan Yong is doing all the right things from a business perspective.”

I am humbled, but I do agree with you that the DNotes project is ingenious. It is complex and massive; primed for global scale and incorporated with multiple winning strategies that will go a long way towards the long-term success of DNotes – the digital currency.

If everything goes as planned, together, we could change the world and make it slightly better for those who are not yet wealthy. At a minimum, we will leave a positive impact that trust, respect, and integrity still matter.  The book “Improve Your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business Success.” Is our blueprint. We follow the teachings from the book religiously. Chapter 15 is about “The DNotes Story”: https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/

DNotes, with the help of DNotes Global, is about solving many problems and overcoming many challenges born out of the new decentralized world. The introduction of Bitcoin in 2009 created a new paradigm - a new asset class, decentralized issuance of currencies, and the ingenious underpinning blockchain technologies.

I truly believe, since the launch of DNotes almost four year ago, that we are witnessing the greatest technology revolution since the Internet. It will no doubt be bigger and more far-reaching than anything we have witnessed. As a participant, to be impactful, we must be able to see the big picture and clearly chart our long-term vision deep into the future. That vision must be clearly articulated, in a consistent manner so that others can understand enough to buy in and support our worthy cause.

The many problems confronting our industry are obvious. Anyone, with some efforts, can list a handful. But the solutions to overcome those problems are too costly, time consuming, and too overwhelming for most. Consequently, it is easier to ignore them and join the crowd to exploit short-term gain where possible. There is nothing wrong with that beyond the fact that those inherent problems remained ignored, and unsolved.

However, DNotes believes that there are bigger opportunities if we can correctly identify the big problems and focus in solving some of those problems. (As a rule – the bigger the problem – bigger the reward for the right solution). Keep this in mind and you will find it easier to understand why we are doing what we are doing.

I wouldn’t attempt to go into details, with a full schedule today. However, I do agree with you that the high volatility, navigation challenges, and transaction complexity are “absolutely insane for a newbie.” They are often difficult and frustrating even for those with years of experience. As they are, mass acceptance of digital currency is remote.

Our solution is to build a totally integrated and complete system, with different subsystem solving specific problems. The ideal solution is one that is frictionless to the user at higher efficiency, more secured, and lower cost than using paper (fiat) money. Additionally, the value of DNotes, after adjusting to new realities, must be sufficiently stable, with increasing appreciation to reflect new shareholder value created in conjunction with our ecosystem, including DNotes Global.

Those who are interested to learn more about why “system thinking” matters, please read Chapter 3 of my book – “A System Approach.” Feel free to ask any questions. https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/
legendary
DNotes
Any chance of getting the Pool back online? Been out since yesterday evening at least.. Thx!

Thanks RJF, checking into it.

No response yet, he is usually pretty quick to respond, so I would assume he may be away from his desk. I will let you know as soon as I get a response.

Edit: He just got back to me, should be fixed soon.
Jump to: