Pages:
Author

Topic: Do ALL Coins always move together? - page 2. (Read 401 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 250
January 23, 2018, 10:32:10 AM
the market is in turmoil as well as Bitcoin, I think it is time to hold the coins instead of selling them because these are crucial moments and if you sell them now I think you will lose
Activity: 336
Merit: 15
January 23, 2018, 10:25:28 AM
The number of altcoins is so high so they can't always move together Wink Always check news about them.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
January 23, 2018, 10:18:55 AM
corealtion moves, i think that's just happen in forex trading
but also cryptotrading too
i think this is because of BTC price
because of every exchanger have BTC and its always paired with altcoin
so when 1 altcoin down, BTC demand will increase
other alt will get more burden to balance its BTC demand
CMIIW
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 10:16:11 AM
not really, but you should aware that bitcoin is almost affecting all alternate coin. I am not sure why, but maybe many platform used bitcoin as a transaction method. If bitcoin go down or up, many alternate coin will follow it. But it is possible for alternate coin it self go up without when bitcoin is still steady.
Perhaps the status of bitcoin is too important. If anyone thinks Bitcoin does not work. He may take for granted that other coins will not work either.
Activity: 154
Merit: 111
January 23, 2018, 10:13:51 AM
For me I think its not. There were times when the price of bitcoin is increasing, it is because the demand for it is increasing since there are many people who buy bitcoin and when the price is decreasing, it is because many are selling their bitcoins and they buy altcoins that's why the price of altcoins is increasing thus sometimes bitcoin has inverse relationship with altcoins.
Activity: 27
January 23, 2018, 10:02:53 AM
This cryptoworld and not stock market or FOREX. They move looks the same, I just wondering if this will be the behavior of this market. Or maybe We can assume that this is only happening due to heavy investment last December.
Activity: 184
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 09:55:53 AM
Trying to sell some coins with high gains to buy some that has dipped alot, but it seems they all move up and down together for the most part.  This makes it hard to sell. Is this how it normally is?  Been trading just a month now.
just a few moments and they are not always together, but what keeps them almost always together are those traders who are panicking to sell their coins when they see the BTC price go down so they are almost in tandem.
Activity: 23
January 23, 2018, 09:37:49 AM
I have also been monitoring how the market goes for quite sometime and it seems they move when the price of Bitcoin moves. So I guess yes, the coins are kinda related to each other than if someone moves the others will follow. Although there are some delays to other coins, but as soon as the Bitcoin is green, alts will also be green.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
January 23, 2018, 09:34:09 AM
Trying to sell some coins with high gains to buy some that has dipped alot, but it seems they all move up and down together for the most part.  This makes it hard to sell. Is this how it normally is?  Been trading just a month now.

Of course not, they have different fluctuations depending on the 'large or small' number of 'users or investors' behind it. In the case of a 'mutual' decrease or increase, this is usually due to sales, and purchases occurring simultaneously on each cryptocurrency or possibly a simultaneous closing of cryptocurrency exchange accounts in a country.

They have different fluctuations when the market is relatively stable, but once Bitcoin starts dropping significantly, you'll see that the value of pretty much all altcoins is tied to the value of Bitcoin.
That's not to say that you can't make a decent profit of of altcoins, like you said, there's a big difference in how much they fluctuate.

I also wouldn't say that the parallels between BTC and alts are due to buy or sell orders happening simultaneously, that's an effect, not a cause.
If the Bitcoin value drops, altcoins also become less valuable since they are traded in Bitcoin, thus their value in fiat also drops.

Go check the BTC charts on coinmarketcap, you'll see a different picture.
Activity: 602
Merit: 118
January 23, 2018, 09:22:15 AM

Of course not, they have different fluctuations depending on the 'large or small' number of 'users or investors' behind it. In the case of a 'mutual' decrease or increase, this is usually due to sales, and purchases occurring simultaneously on each cryptocurrency or possibly a simultaneous closing of cryptocurrency exchange accounts in a country.
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
January 23, 2018, 03:16:57 AM

You can use the graph in coinmarketcap as historical reference.

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

You can see on the Percentage of Total Market Capitalization (Dominance) that there is some correlation between bitcoin price and alts, ethereum in particular.
Historically, if bitcoin falls, some alts like eth, does go up in value.

If both bitcoin and alts go down, you know that the money is flowing out -> to fiat.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 23, 2018, 03:12:48 AM
Yes, exactly, when all the crypto market goes down, all the altcoins have the same pattern, since most of the olders are selling at that time because of FUD.
So yes, it is normal to see altcoins following bitcoin's pattern.
Activity: 54
January 23, 2018, 03:11:09 AM

all coins are usually influenced by eachother since a huge amount of bots will short coins against eachother. Huge whales dont want to pay taxes on their gains, so instead of cashing out, they simply move their holdings around. Also note that Bitcoin Suisse is administering more than 500mUSD for their big clients. They do this with countless bots that will short against btc and altcoins. Therefore you often see primarily green candles when the top 20 coins are all in green as well
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
January 23, 2018, 03:07:41 AM

Well this 2 weeks since last week is a bloody red week for cryptocurrency. Almost all altcoins crashed and today the price is going down again right now. Actually when the bitcoin price crashed, some altcoins will go up but this is different. I don't know what happen but it seems this month will be a red month for cryptocurrency
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
January 23, 2018, 02:53:49 AM
it is the money flow, so if you want to understand how things work, you need to follow the money so to speak.

try and figure out where it is going. in or out, and where. for example each time bitcoin is rising you can see the same drop in altcoins and if you check the volume, you can see the "money" has gone to bitcoin and has dropped out of altcoins.
and during the bitcoin stability periods, the "money" is going into altcoins. but if you look closer you can see that the money is spread but the smart money is focused only on 2 or 3 altcoins tops which will be getting pumped as a result and then that smart money moves on to the next 2 or 3 altcoins. rinse and repeat.
Activity: 28
January 23, 2018, 02:49:11 AM
not really, but you should aware that bitcoin is almost affecting all alternate coin. I am not sure why, but maybe many platform used bitcoin as a transaction method. If bitcoin go down or up, many alternate coin will follow it. But it is possible for alternate coin it self go up without when bitcoin is still steady.
Activity: 630
January 23, 2018, 02:48:47 AM
No at all.  Every cryptocurrency is trading against Bitcoin and they derive their value from Bitcoin. In essence if Bitcoin goes up,  it helps valuation of every other coin. And if Bitcoin goes down every other coin get dumped for it.
Activity: 300
January 23, 2018, 02:44:22 AM

sometimes . it depends on the coin . there are also a factor on the price of bitcoin if the bitcoin price is rising the altcoin value increases in my own opinion. Make sure when you are buying a token you better check the website and update of specific coin
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 23, 2018, 02:02:49 AM
Almost all altcoin's price is tied with bitcoin because they are only traded against bitcoin so whenever bitcoin price will be dumped all alts will loss their value. Alts loss more % of value than bitcoin because many will start to dump their alts for bitcoin to sell their bitcoin during dump.

Only few alts like ETH, LTC, DASH have their own fiat pairs but they also get affected by bitcoin price. 
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
January 23, 2018, 02:00:15 AM

Not always. They're affected by btc price as of late. You can still make profit by dumping what you have and purchasing whatever dumped by a lot. However, who is to say it will reach where it was before the dump? so it's as risky as any other altcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: