Pages:
Author

Topic: DO NOT GIVE THE GOVERNMENT ANY INFORMATION ABOUT BITCOIN - page 3. (Read 6040 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
I just got off the phone with government he is now monitoring this topic.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Awww, son-of-a-B!+<#!!!

I just found out the government read this thread. Way to go OP, now they know everything!
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
not really
bitcoin.. the protocol itself should remain open and honest without interference of government. however businesses that use bitcoin and agencies that want to spy on bitcoin are a separate layer and we should treat the protocol vs users(humans/businesses/government) separately.

as long as the protocol is not messed around with, im happy.
as long as government rules open up the ability for companies to transact openly and honestly, im happy.
as long as governments rules dont limit users interaction and choices im happy.
as long as governments truely punish those who truly deserve punishment, im happy.

but we all know the governments agenda is not the last 3 things.
governments plans are about making their group of friends rich and keeping common people at arms length.
whether its by limiting average user spending amounts whilst allowing big business partners to do large bulk purchases or by regulating out the competition

but one thing is for sure, if governments think they need to be involved, it shows that bitcoin is not a short term thing that will disappear. or they would even waste their time on it

Yes, I do agree this philosophy has some valid points. Allowing the Bitcoin Foundation and experts to work with regulators could give Bitcoin enough breathing room by making them assume they can control it. My point is this is arguable and I can also see that such assistance can enlighten them as to the dangers of Btcoins sovereignty and expedite their attacks.

Either way, I believe it to largely be an academic question because in all practicality there will be enough consultants and experts who believe that working with regulators is the best approach and this cannot and should not be stopped.

That is also kind of a double edged sword. Educating them can all at once alleviate fear and head off ham handed regulation attempts and also encourage both as they come to realize how powerful the idea of bitcoin really is. Classic catch-22 in so many ways.

legendary
Activity: 888
Merit: 1000
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
seems like op is high, but i get him Smiley)
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
not really
bitcoin.. the protocol itself should remain open and honest without interference of government. however businesses that use bitcoin and agencies that want to spy on bitcoin are a separate layer and we should treat the protocol vs users(humans/businesses/government) separately.

as long as government rules open up the ability for companies to transact openly and honestly, im happy.
as long as governments truely punish those who truly deserve punishment, im happy.

governments plans are about making their group of friends rich and keeping common people at arms length.
whether its by limiting average user spending amounts whilst allowing big business partners to do large bulk purchases or by regulating out the competition

but one thing is for sure, if governments think they need to be involved, it shows that bitcoin is not a short term thing that will disappear. or they would even waste their time on it

Yes, I do agree this philosophy has some valid points. Allowing the Bitcoin Foundation and experts to work with regulators could give Bitcoin enough breathing room by making them assume they can control it. My point is this is arguable and I can also see that such assistance can enlighten them as to the dangers of Btcoins sovereignty and expedite their attacks.

Either way, I believe it to largely be an academic question because in all practicality there will be enough consultants and experts who believe that working with regulators is the best approach and this cannot and should not be stopped.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
The government has no barriers to learning about bitcoin. All of it is pretty much public domain information. One can learn pretty much everything they want to know by reading posts here so should we shut this site down? Open source and transparency is a double edged sword.

Good point, the exception to this is will regulators go through all the effort or be able to learn the intricacies as quickly and its implications without having free expert consultants assist them.

There is a valid argument in suggesting we may be digging our own grave.

not really

The government has no barriers to learning about bitcoin. All of it is pretty much public domain information. One can learn pretty much everything they want to know by reading posts here so should we shut this site down? Open source and transparency is a double edged sword.

Good point, the exception to this is will regulators go through all the effort or be able to learn the intricacies as quickly and its implications without having free expert consultants assist them.

There is a valid argument in suggesting we may be digging our own grave.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
NOBODY IN THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT BITCOIN ANYWAY. WHY ARE WE ALL YELLING?
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
OP is in need of a good fapping.  Tongue
AltoCenter.com
Why should I give someone the information about my gold when I know he's trying to steal my vault.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
governments will always try to take power over the people. as the OP says about the new york regulations. (in the article).

i do not want to see "money limits" or identification of users attached to bitcoin addresses ever!, the only intervention i want to see is the barrier to access to fair and just courts removed. to make it easy for those that have doxxed scammers to easily be able to get those scammers dealt with (better consumer protections basically)

no one should be asking for default identification of every user, but for businesses offering a 'trusting' and 'holding' service, they need to be accountable to some consumer protections.

this means users wanting to send funds into and out of a service do not need ID. but the business handling the funds of people should not hide. basically if ou want to be a business and hold peoples money, reveal yourself. but if you want to just be a person, carry on with your private lives

the whole war on terror is a laugh, especially if companies like samsung are allowed to sell tanks, and have a no limit funds transfer account which is not taxed..
http://www.samsungtechwin.com/product/product_05_01_01.asp
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 905
Put the source code where the sun never shines.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10

lololololol

OP you need to chill man, or you will go crazy
lol....Gavin pops in for some funny.

A mixture of humor but also genuine sensitivity towards people speculating about Satoshi's politics.
We don't know how Satoshi really felt about that meeting or his true political convictions but do know at minimum he/she/they were generally distrustful of banks and governments and Bitcoin has some intrinsic properties that deliberately undermines governments from regulating and controlling the protocol.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
OP does have a point, Satoshi did walk away the moment Gavin accepted the invitation to speak with the CIA. Coincidence?

YES THAT WAS TOTALLY AND COMPLEETLY A COINCEDENCE!!!! HE WUZ PLANNING ON LEAVING WAY BEFORE THAT!

I THINK THE OP IS RIGHT, SO I'M GONNA MOVE THE SOURCE CODE TO SUMPLACE MORE SECURE WHERE THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T SEE IT ANYMORE. AND I WENT AND GOT ME A GOOD HAT TO WEAR WHEN I WRITE CODE SO THEIR SATELITES CANT HEAR ME EITHER.

FOR THE CHILDREN!

lol....Gavin pops in for some funny.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
ANY INFORMATION ABOUT BITCOIN THEY WILL ONLY USE THAT TO EXPLOIT THE REST OF US LET THEM DISCOVER IT FOR THEMSELVES THAY SHOLD NOT CONTROL THE REST OV US IN THIS FINEST HOUR.

OHH THEY APPEAR TO BE FRIENDLY AND COME AND LEARN FROM US THE WAYS OF BITCOIN AND THEN AFTER A MONTH OR 2 -

THEY EXPLOIT THAT INFORMATION TO TAX CONTROL US WITH THE BANKERS DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR TRICKS THEY ONLY PRETEND TO BE FRIENDLY HEED MY WARNING FRIENDS THEY HATH F UCKED US OVER TIME AND TIME AGAIN... THEY LIE IN OUR FACES FOR CENTURIES WHY SHOULD WE GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION LET UTH STAB THEM IN THE BACK AND SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/03/treasury-advice-bitcoin-community-financial-technology-currencies

THE MORE THEY UNDERSTAND THE MORE LAWS AND OPPRESSION THEY CAN ENSUE ON US LITTLE BY LITTLE DAY BE DAY AND MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO DO CERTAIN THINGS.

THEY KNOW ITS A AS GOOD AS GOLD AND THEY DONT LIKE IT BECAUSE WE CAN USE BITCOIN TO CERCUMVENT THE BANKER WANKERS HOW AND WEN WE LIKE IT BITCOIN IS POWER FOR THE PEE POLE

WE MOST PROTECT OUR FREEDOMS AND FIGHT AGAINST TYRANNY GOD BLESS... AMERICA?? NO GOD BLESS THE PEE POLE OF THE WORLD

Um, ok then....
YES THAT WAS TOTALLY AND COMPLEETLY A COINCEDENCE!!!! HE WUZ PLANNING ON LEAVING WAY BEFORE THAT!

I don't buy into any of those conspiracy theories and think that you should certainly have any right to speak with whomever you wish irrespective of Satoshi's politics, but .... There is a conversation to be had about the effectiveness of working with regulators or not.

What do you think of Satoshi's politics? Libertarian, anarchist, or merely slightly distrustful of governments?

Are you sure Gavin ?

The only way to be sure is if he was Satoshi himself , which I doubt. IMHO, the truth of the matter is probably something in between. Satoshi was planning on leaving anyways because he wanted others to take over what he started but was generally distrustful of governments and probably wasn't happy that individuals were deliberately working with regulators and government groups.  This doesn't mean that individuals like Gavin don't have a fair argument to make in speaking with regulators and government agencies or that anybody has any right to tell Gavin what to do with his spare time or whom he should speak to either.
Activity: 778
Merit: 1002
If bitcoin can't beat the government, it was fundamentally flawed.
Pages:
Jump to: