Pages:
Author

Topic: Do not trust everything you see in the internet - page 4. (Read 906 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

Here's an equally valuable life tip for people who would get something out of a thread of this title:

Don't try to pee into the toilet while laying on your back in bed.

Activity: 1064
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Of course we shouldn't trust everything just like in real life we couldn't fully trust anyone even the person close to us.
Sometimes it is hard to know which to believe in so you should only rely on yourself and believe in it.
Not everything you see or hear is true it isn't just on the internet but also in real life.
This generation right now is easily deceived by what they hear or see online because they think that everything in the internet is true.

Comparing Boomers, millenials, and Gen-Z, I would say that Boomers are the one who is easily deceived by what they hear, and see online. BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

Haven't you have a family group chat where all your uncles sends videos, or article they've seen online. Believing in everything they've seen, and trusted it immediately.

So no, this generation is not easily deceived though some are still. yet comparing to other generations, they are harder to be deceived.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
Of course we shouldn't trust everything just like in real life we couldn't fully trust anyone even the person close to us.
Sometimes it is hard to know which to believe in so you should only rely on yourself and believe in it.
Not everything you see or hear is true it isn't just on the internet but also in real life.
This generation right now is easily deceived by what they hear or see online because they think that everything in the internet is true.
I already know it ever since I watch some video tutorial and know that it doesn't work like that.
I already know that internet and real life isn't so different when it comes to news,politics and other stuff they tend to manipulate it or give falls information too.

It is not that actually. Like what I've said, information's in the internet can be trusted as much as informations in the books, Just that verify your sources first. Look for other source that will support the informations you found from the other source. Right then, you will be sure that the information is real and trustworthy.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
I already know it ever since I watch some video tutorial and know that it doesn't work like that.
I already know that internet and real life isn't so different when it comes to news,politics and other stuff they tend to manipulate it or give falls information too.
a planet like star can die, and a few year later it would form a new star again, even without any source of energy
[CITATION NEEDED]

There is no need to cite anything
Space and solar system is too spooky and you are going to need to explain the quantum and the quantum entanglement which is pointless and misleading. We only believe what we saw, nobody used to believe man can fly on the air like the bird, but today flying is all possible after we see it, after we see the result, we don’t need to cite anything, we just believe what we see, also there was too many study on how man couldn’t fly, with a lot of rock solid why it’s the religious that man can fly, today man can fly anyone else still doubt about it? Citation is only needed for debating something to deter someone else belief, all the citation would be deemed worthless after we see the man can fly. After we see solar is unlimited, there is no need to cite why solar is unlimited.

You are contradicting yourself dear, stars have been studied, as aircrafts has been studied.

Therefore if you are looking for explanation on how aircrafts fly, there are many books about aerodynamics and aircraft design that you can find. This is the same with stars. There are many studies publicly available if you want to learn about it, and it is theorized with relation to speed of light.

As I've said before and I will said it again, A PLANET OR STARS CAN DIE BUT IT WON'T FORM INTO A NEW STAR
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
as intelligent humans we should look for facts first before believing something on the internet, disputes often occur because of misunderstanding
therefore, many countries make laws so that those who make public lying can be punished

I agree, we should be careful and not get fooled so easily. Trusting everything on the Internet feels like trusting everything we see in advertisings on TV. People on the Internet are interested to give us a well researched opinion, they will just write what they think. We need to be very critical online and should double check anything important we read.
Activity: 132
Merit: 10
as intelligent humans we should look for facts first before believing something on the internet, disputes often occur because of misunderstanding
therefore, many countries make laws so that those who make public lying can be punished
Activity: 170
Merit: 4
^ yup, believe is a double edge sword, we got to believe man can fly only then we would explore the possibility of making use of know how and make a flying device to help man to fly. We believe to make improvement, if we didn’t and never believe man can fly like those stubborn scholar who has a lot to teach you why you shouldn’t try to fly, then man would never gonna possible to fly since we would stop believe man can fly. But the catch is when we believe in something fake, when you believe in dragon exist and we have a deep fake image and rock solid proof for you to see to believe, we see the ufo on the picture captured with the camera, the solid proof, undoubtedable proof! This is where we can tell apart wiseman from common folks, wise man know computer software can generate fake object on the picture to tamper the photo, we can use gpu to generate real life like dragon and make a video which people can watch to believe dragon existed and it was captured on the camera as a proof for you to see to believe, after we believe, you need to verify whether it’s solid evidence, this is where we need to flex our IQ muscle to verify the thing we see to believe, of course you can debunk the proof if there is any verdict you can find however it required knowledge and high IQ.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367
TRUST everything you see on the Internet. That way you will accidentally trust some of the true stuff. After all, you never know for sure if the stuff you trust is the true stuff or the fake stuff.

Cool
Activity: 170
Merit: 4
a planet like star can die, and a few year later it would form a new star again, even without any source of energy
[CITATION NEEDED]

There is no need to cite anything
Space and solar system is too spooky and you are going to need to explain the quantum and the quantum entanglement which is pointless and misleading. We only believe what we saw, nobody used to believe man can fly on the air like the bird, but today flying is all possible after we see it, after we see the result, we don’t need to cite anything, we just believe what we see, also there was too many study on how man couldn’t fly, with a lot of rock solid why it’s the religious that man can fly, today man can fly anyone else still doubt about it? Citation is only needed for debating something to deter someone else belief, all the citation would be deemed worthless after we see the man can fly. After we see solar is unlimited, there is no need to cite why solar is unlimited.
Activity: 69
Merit: 12

No matter how real it looks, don't trust everything you see, seek for further validations in different sources for clarifications and proofs.

We have this topic proposal held last month and some of my mates topic is based on what they find in the internet, and our professor quickly dismissed the topics that is THEORETICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. Like PERPETUAL MOTION Machine (Unlimited Energy) that is not possible because of the 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics and many more.

This applies to other courses and other topics so beware.

Internet seeks views, and they can do anything for views.

It's a Good statement, or an advice that we will not trust easily that everything what we've seen in the internet cause we don't know them that they are pretending our friends or relative and it's good to be wise and secured. There's no problem being an sensitive and it is normal acting that cause that is for our own Good to protect ourselves.
Oh, just go out there and trust it all. That's what you do with all the contradictory Covid and vaccine info that the CDC spouts. Just trust. Wink

Cool

Just as you trust a single video in youtube, and an article from fishy websites. whooooosh the irony
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
[CITATION NEEDED]

Stars won't be form after a star die.
Did you really sit around for millions of years and watch it happen? Did you mark the days on paper?, or did you chisel them into stone tablets?

Your religion seems to include science theory about the life of stars. Or were you just joking?
You don't accept any form of evolution, so you're unlikely to accept the science (i.e., the facts) of stellar evolution. Nevertheless, it's pretty well understood.
Photo or it didn't happen? Okay, here's a year-long time lapse video of the death of a star, from 2018: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2020/hubble-watches-exploding-star-fade-into-oblivion

You will note that the star didn't explode in 2018, it actually exploded 70 million years ago, and it has taken that long for its light to reach us. You will also note that when this star exploded, humans didn't exist and dinosaurs were walking about on Earth... and yet we can see the evidence and discuss it today. But I don't think you accept the facts of light speed or dinosaurs, either. It's a shame, because reality is so interesting.

legendary
Oh, just go out there and trust it all. That's what you do with all the contradictory Covid and vaccine info that the CDC spouts. Just trust. Wink

Cool
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
Every useful and new community feature of any information on the internet is built on mutual trust. The good side of the internet is as bad as it is through the internet we can know all the news of the world from home trust your instincts for true and false verification stay away from unethical facebook groups try to understand strangers who are risky motives may be corrupt and what they say may not be try to understand what many can share lies untruths and untruths online.
Information on the internet has many different sources and even government sources are only for reference because we know that behind each news there is a political purpose. We need to verify all information using social media because I know community understanding is really strong. I have been wandering Reddit for many years, I love this social network for the reliability of information as well as explanations through the debates in this social network.

That is a good way to verify your sources. Surfing through social media for clarifications and more source browsing that will further solidify the claims is a good way. NICE
Activity: 826
Merit: 105
Information on the internet has many different sources and even government sources are only for reference because we know that behind each news there is a political purpose. We need to verify all information using social media because I know community understanding is really strong. I have been wandering Reddit for many years, I love this social network for the reliability of information as well as explanations through the debates in this social network.
legendary
Do not trust everything you see in the internet

But if you trusted everything, you'd wind up with about the same results.

Cool
The other unlimited energy being solar power, nobody would question why solar power is unlimited power today I assume??
Aside from the fact that stars have a definite lifetime and a definite fixed amount of potential energy stored in their mass.  Solar can provide a vast amount of energy but not 'unlimited' amounts of it.

Solar is the most amazing system ever, a planet like star can die, and a few year later it would form a new star again, even without any source of energy, I mean it required no cost to build another star, don’t you think it’s unlimited??

Stars won't be form after a star die.

A red giant is what you call a dying star and it takes million of years before it literally die. The dying of star can cause reactions that is also known as supernova and will create a wharf in space that is known as "Black hole"

Black hole is super dense that it will absorb anything in its surrounding, and you don't expect another "STAR" forming in that space.

Also, there is no "Few years" if we are talking about space

Did you really sit around for millions of years and watch it happen? Did you mark the days on paper?, or did you chisel them into stone tablets?

Your religion seems to include science theory about the life of stars. Or were you just joking?

Cool

Who said about sitting million of years to tabulate the happenings in the space. By observation from telescopes, you can see the differences with the luminosity of the stars, and how they are acting. Plus there are many research studies conducted in space regarding the chemical reaction that is happening in space objects.

Let's do it this way, do you know how carbon dating works?, do you see people sitting for ages just to see if the age of uranium is really that way? dumb logic

Your statement is really interesting, when you really want to input your "RELIGION" to everything, when your only proof is that it is written in a book by someone.
Pages:
Jump to: