Pages:
Author

Topic: Do people still create new ERC20 tokens/projects nowadays? - page 4. (Read 929 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
I was wondering if ERC20 tokens are still useful today and if people still create projects around them? I know the ICO 'feast' is kind of over and that was the main purpose people were launching these tokens for.

Greetings to the community,

Liviu

ERC20 projects are still being launched, although the raising of funds are getting difficult for then due to the bad reputation of ICOs for the past two years. It's simple to use than to create their own blockchain. There are few "useful" erc20 tokens like BAT. But many others are not popular in the market.
Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Of course they create, only not in such huge quantities as before.
Someone creates tokens in order to understand how this works. There will also be projects that will enter the cryptocurrency market in order to occupy their niche and earn money, which means that they will create new tokens.
Activity: 423
Merit: 11
I was wondering if ERC20 tokens are still useful today and if people still create projects around them? I know the ICO 'feast' is kind of over and that was the main purpose people were launching these tokens for.

Liviu

I see that most ICO and IEO projects still use the Ethereum platform to create ERC20 tokens. But now there is using ERC-721. But I do not understand what are the advantages of the ERC-721 token. Perhaps the crypto master is better able to explain this.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
People still create Erc20 token.It is very easy to create this coin and that is why many are in it and will surely continue to create more. Thought you might say they are useless but it all depends on the use case. Some Erc20 coins are still doing well.
Activity: 812
Merit: 262

Liviu

There are still few that emerges and getting launched ERC20 based projects. Although, the hype for those tokens are over, there are still people who develop it because it's cheaper for them. Personally, I don't see their use anymore. Most of the coins I see are copycat of previous ones, even the idea or purpose of the coin.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 277
erc20 is still widely used but only while there are many new projects using erc20 then after that they make their own blockchain with their respective coins. I think erc20 is only a temporary platform for new projects.

Some of the new erc20 token projects nowadays has not assurance to be successfull on their listings at trading sites. Indeed it was temporarily used at IEO exchanges, but not yet gaining adoption by many since these coins was having small demand. The market has not been fully recovered from the dip, so we can't expect new project to gain good results as of now.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

Liviu
for the ERC-20 ethereum platform indeed since the decline in interest from ICO has made many people judge that the token is full of fraud. this year a new platform has emerged and its reputation is quite good. Binance Chain. many who were previously on the ERC-20 platform migrated the Binance Chain to get into Binance Dex.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 261
I think most IEO projects are using eth smart contract and used erc20 tokens. So I think that is really useful at all dont you think? The only problem with erc20 tokens is this is been used by scammers to fool many investors for a fake ICO investment. Literally project used erc20 tokens but have plan to launch their own chain.

Yes ERC20 tokens are still being created and they will continue to exist in the market and yes there are some ICO using stellarport and some are based on other platforms but ERC20 still remains popular. If they come up with a KYC system for the developers who wants to create a token then it would keep the scammers at the bay because of scammers ERC20 platform has taken a hit on it's reputation because we think ERC20 tokens as scam just because anyone can create a token based on it. It's updo them now to do something to save their reputation.
Activity: 560
Merit: 290
www.thegeomadao.com
Because erc20 is running on ethereum network, and as you can see now.. ethereum is 2nd rank on coinmarketcaps
and their platform is very popular to create token with cheap fees , with 1$ you can create your own token on ethereum chain
Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
For sure, creating ERC-20 tokens is so easy, you can create your own token in few minutes, but then there is the problem of the usecase.
ERC-20 tokens use ERC-20 standard, that means that all of them have same features - it is cool?
Activity: 1048
Merit: 101
You can look back, where when the beginning of ico appeared especially ico ethereum, you can imagine how great the ico ethereum project was and at the same time it was built on their platform to grow so fast and very profitable, and then in 2017 ico was increasing and many companies have flocked to develop their own ico project until now. but the problem is that many developers misuse the ERC20 platform as a form of schemes to get rich.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

Liviu

Definitely yes, well as time goes by many ERC20 tokens is still active though not as good value as before due to the bearish market situation. We all know ERC20 is still much more useful to the fact those investors are still hoping to pump those tokens in the future. Well, we have nothing to do about that but to wait until the market will pump and for sure ERC20 will become popular again here in crypto currency community.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
Ethereum is still the king of altcoins and will most likely be for a very long time, and therefore ethereum technologies and capabilities are very necessary and the creators of cryptocurrency projects understand this and therefore create their cryptocurrencies on the ethereum blockchain and people will continue create cryptocurrency projects on ethereum blockchain while ethereum will be very popular.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
 What are tokens used for? — they're some sort of values for applications built ontop of Blockchains. You cannot tell someone with great idea not to build stuff on top of Blockchain with a reward system. He/she will probably build a brand new Blockchain if you make building on existing Blockchains impossible.

Can you stop people from creating websites because they create nonsense? Or will you stop them from implementing rewards systems based on mere points they can exchange within their communities?
Activity: 1680
Merit: 263
You can see in the bounty thread that there are still many companies developing their projects using the erc20 platform, so I think the erc20 platform is still useful and is still widely used to fund their projects. but many of them use the erc20 platform for project fraud.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
Erc20 tokens projects are still in demand many new company are coming with liquid diet and later they are continuing with main net
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
Yes, there were still some projects that doesn't stop creating their tokens as ERC20. They are trying hard just to make a decent project out of it but it won't be easy for them these days because a lot of us were already done with it.

There's no more purpose for their creation. If there's any, it's just about PR and they can't even give a better idea because that's what was being bought before. And if you see another ERC20 token that runs an ICO, you could simply ignore them.
not necessarily so. a lot of good projects first create ERC-20 tokens, but when the project begins to develop, they switch to their own blockchain and swap tokens
Yeah, I'm aware of that. As I've said earlier, there are still some that are existing and are into the creation of this kind of coin. It's their starter and most of the successful coins now that has launched their mainnet, started out with ERC20.

With the availability and ease of creating token with smart contract, most of the upcoming projects will always consider creating their coin with it. And once they are established and has decent budget, they can go for mainnet launching.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

Liviu

yes it's still the most popular token creation majority of ICO IEO toekn are on ERC20 token, it's easy to create the fee is very minimal and ther transaction is fast, there's still no competition when it comes to token creation.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
CRYPTOMUS
I think most IEO projects are using eth smart contract and used erc20 tokens. So I think that is really useful at all dont you think? The only problem with erc20 tokens is this is been used by scammers to fool many investors for a fake ICO investment. Literally project used erc20 tokens but have plan to launch their own chain.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 267
I think there are still many who use ERC20 until now, there are still ICO projects now and IEO projects that use them. Because ERC20 is a smart contract whose function is to store various types of altcoins which are very simple to use, that's why I also keep my altcoin in ethereum's ERC20 because of its utility capabilities
Pages:
Jump to: