Pages:
Author

Topic: Do politicians take us for granted? - page 3. (Read 552 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
October 22, 2019, 09:19:00 PM
Does a farmer take his animals for granted?

Politicians play the role of workers on the factory farm and slaughterhouse environments.  The so-called 0.001% are the farm owners.

Just like those working the floors, some percentage of politicians take a sadistic pleasure in making the animals lives even less pleasant than they already are.  Probably not a high percent.  Most of them just do what they are paid to do:  follow their bosses directives and keep things working smoothly and efficiently.

At the end of the day though, there are some politicians that actually do want to see the benefit of the people. Not a majority of politicians, though I don't think there are politicians present that take pleasure in hurting people. They're just in the game to make money and sometimes the people don't get everything they want when you're elected -- so that's the way they make themselves feel better.

It's game, and we're losing. Politicians are winning, corporations are winning, the rich are winning.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
October 22, 2019, 07:15:16 PM
Does a farmer take his animals for granted?

Politicians play the role of workers on the factory farm and slaughterhouse environments.  The so-called 0.001% are the farm owners.

Just like those working the floors, some percentage of politicians take a sadistic pleasure in making the animals lives even less pleasant than they already are.  Probably not a high percent.  Most of them just do what they are paid to do:  follow their bosses directives and keep things working smoothly and efficiently.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 22, 2019, 06:04:24 PM
Should we be taking politicians for granite?     Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
October 22, 2019, 01:45:46 PM
Well I can tell you it's not something which is specific to Africa. Politicians have stopped caring about trying to solve problems and fixing things, they've changed their view. Now anything they do is going to result in short term gain and hopefully a reelection for them.

That's all most politicians care about -- reelection.

I do feel for the politicians that have great monumental plans that look as if they're going to be able to help the country but then they lose because they didn't provide the short term gain that their people wanted. We're to blame for some of this as well, as we get outraged very quickly and want immediate change when that's just not always possible.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
October 21, 2019, 03:23:27 PM
The story here in most African countries is weird. Its like the only time these politicians seem to care is when election is approaching. They visit us, give us empty promises and a whole lot. Funny enough, they are voted for massively. Then once they are in power, we are out of the picture. In my country for instance, apart from what I was taught back in school, I cant really pinpoint the essence of the Legislature. From my observation, this has become a cycle. Its like instead of them bringing up policies that will improve lives, they waste resources just like that and master how to make us vote for them when the time comes.
My worry is, are we naive or thats just how the game of politics is played?

That is happening in many countries apart from Africa.
It is noticed more in poor countries where people struggle to live. Politicians give expectations and voters have a hope that something of all these is going to be implemented. That's why the get voted massively.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
October 21, 2019, 02:28:14 PM
The story here in most African countries is weird. Its like the only time these politicians seem to care is when election is approaching.

I'm surprised there even is an election when they can just vote themselves in. Like that Mugabe who kept winning elections - and won the lottery multiple times as well. Oh well, let's see if he wins the elections in hell.

Incumbent just need enough public approval to keep themselves in office and new entrants, of course, want to get in. Sure there are politicians who probably care about their constituents but the thing is, I think they are rare, especially when majority of politicians in a country are from political dynasties.

Not only in African Countries but Asian countries as well, they only know you in times of election, but after the election, you will never see them again in the next three years,  I've known one politician who shakes hands-on every people he comes across when election time, but after he gets on his car, his bodyguard pour alcohols in his hands because he feared that he might contaminated by the people he shakes his hands with, Damn politician.

Everyone does that though. I've seen celebrities and other public figures do that as they exit the venue. It don't turn me off, knowing they've probably shaken like a hundred hands before that. I too would do that.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
October 21, 2019, 02:01:51 PM
The story here in most African countries is weird. Its like the only time these politicians seem to care is when election is approaching. They visit us, give us empty promises and a whole lot. Funny enough, they are voted for massively. Then once they are in power, we are out of the picture. In my country for instance, apart from what I was taught back in school, I cant really pinpoint the essence of the Legislature. From my observation, this has become a cycle. Its like instead of them bringing up policies that will improve lives, they waste resources just like that and master how to make us vote for them when the time comes.

Not only in African Countries but Asian countries as well, they only know you in times of election, but after the election, you will never see them again in the next three years,  I've known one politician who shakes hands-on every people he comes across when election time, but after he gets on his car, his bodyguard pour alcohols in his hands because he feared that he might contaminated by the people he shakes his hands with, Damn politician.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
October 21, 2019, 09:41:00 AM

it's a strategy for campaigning and most politicians do this to gain trust from the public and yes it has become a cycle because there are gullible citizens to fool who will believe whatever the politician says.
and of course, there are those who sell their vote for a couple of bucks. yes, most of us are naive, most of us are the reason why scummy politicians are in elected and yes, most politicians take us for granted
because there are people, gullible people who believe in pretty lies and hate the ugly truth which politician take advantage off. but there are politicians who believes in making their country better but being ignored
because they tell the ugly truth.

I think it happened in a country where a popularity vote is practiced. They are sweet,religious, amiable,helpful,loving person almost a saint  during election but  don't know you after election. They run for a position,their own personal interest and gain only.

We need a real civil servant whose heart is for the improvement of his constituents,address the problems immediately like in health, poverty,crime,education,employment etc. Those are pressing issues that needs to be address and we need to hear  how they tackle and provide solution for such during campaigns.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
October 21, 2019, 05:34:28 AM

it's a strategy for campaigning and most politicians do this to gain trust from the public and yes it has become a cycle because there are gullible citizens to fool who will believe whatever the politician says.
and of course, there are those who sell their vote for a couple of bucks. yes, most of us are naive, most of us are the reason why scummy politicians are in elected and yes, most politicians take us for granted
because there are people, gullible people who believe in pretty lies and hate the ugly truth which politician take advantage off. but there are politicians who believes in making their country better but being ignored
because they tell the ugly truth.
Activity: 17
Merit: 1
October 21, 2019, 03:42:40 AM
Pages:
Jump to: