Pages:
Author

Topic: Do signature campaigns actually work? (for the operator, I mean) - page 2. (Read 1987 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
It's probably best to ask this forum if you could allow people to have image banners, and you as the advertiser might need to pay to unlock this possible feature for users. It would be great if you were just allowed to take over signatures directly, so you could change things on your whim. This could be another source of income for the forum, just don't know how well it works with their current banner ads. Also consider that the one with the sig should have some experience in your product/service and like it. To me it seems some want cheaper marketing, but they don't know how to get results.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I did a signature campaign for Silver Wallets and it did generate some business for us. I would guess overall we probably broke even. Since we sell physical items I think the advertising is a little less effective. I would also be curious how well it works for gaming sites though.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I'm considering launching a new Bitcoin-related service. Now, as a webmaster myself I know how hard it can be to get customers. One popular way to get new visitors is via signature campaigns. A typical signature campaign might have 30-300 members who are paid about 3-30 cents per post. Obviously, the number is higher for those with higher rank since their signatures tend to stand out more. In order for a signature campaign to be successful for the advertiser, each post should make over 3-30 cents in increased traffic and sales. Now, is this generally the case? I know PrimeDice canceled their campaign and a few others have ended theirs too (e.g. ActionCrypto) so I'd imagine it's not actually all that profitable?

You mention 2 that have stopped for whatever reason i have not actually looked at the reason they have stopped if i am honest, but we do know there are many others that are still going and have been going for quite some time. Surely the owners who pay for these campaigns must see the benefit of them or else they would not go on as long as they do, it would not make business sense. I see one campaign bit-x paid out 20btc this month, now does that exchange make that back straight away!? Probably not but that exchange has been placed in the subconscious minds of many and i am pretty sure they see profit maybe not short term but in the long run that advertisement will pay off. Good luck with your business an with whatever way you decide to market.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I'm considering launching a new Bitcoin-related service. Now, as a webmaster myself I know how hard it can be to get customers. One popular way to get new visitors is via signature campaigns. A typical signature campaign might have 30-300 members who are paid about 3-30 cents per post. Obviously, the number is higher for those with higher rank since their signatures tend to stand out more. In order for a signature campaign to be successful for the advertiser, each post should make over 3-30 cents in increased traffic and sales. Now, is this generally the case? I know PrimeDice canceled their campaign and a few others have ended theirs too (e.g. ActionCrypto) so I'd imagine it's not actually all that profitable?
Pages:
Jump to: