Pages:
Author

Topic: Do sketching and painting relax your mind? - page 2. (Read 664 times)

Activity: 474
Merit: 285
Brave New World
February 03, 2018, 07:21:24 AM
I guess they can for some people.. not so much for me though as i can't draw or sketch well lol. Many years ago i used to draw in MSPaint which i got pretty good at if that counts Smiley
Activity: 116
Merit: 0
February 03, 2018, 03:34:40 AM
Sketching and Painting is the way on how an artist expressed his or her feelings, Some people sketching to make them feel better,relax and have focus minded.
Activity: 28
February 03, 2018, 12:56:10 AM
I believe so, though I am not an artist neither good in art. But when I once felt very stressed out and I needed to do something that would really relax me withouth going outside of the house, that one evening, I grabbed my sister's pen and paper and tried to draw an unfamiliar lines. Art never liked me, but that moment was amazing, I became more focused the more stroke I made. I forgot my problems for a moment and then I realized during that moment I was making an art already, that made feel very happy. Because I've never had such a good artpiece before.
Activity: 114
February 02, 2018, 11:07:12 PM
I have no talent in that but I believe that you are really releasing all your  emotions when you paint.
Activity: 182
Merit: 15
February 02, 2018, 07:13:49 PM
I believe any art activities can relax your mind. However, I suck at all art so cannot enjoy the benefits. I used to enjoy photography but have not done much recently. Its hard to motivate myself to do this. Walking in the fresh air for a good distance 5km or more is very beneficial too
Activity: 178
February 02, 2018, 07:07:18 PM
I am into painting and that is the only thing I do to release some stress. When I finish writing an exam and it doesn't go well, I just do some nice paintingsurprise and the sadness of not being able to write the exam is gone forever.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
February 02, 2018, 12:06:55 PM
Painting and sketching are the ways to express yourself. For some people it is their obsession, for others it is a way to relax their minds. While others consider it a way to make a connection with their inner-self. In any case sketching and painting are something intricate yet soothing and fascinating.
I believe that to display your art you do not have to be a great artist. You just have to draw you emotion and personality on paper.

Creating something with your hobby makes yourself relaxed. I believe that it is a kind of therapy. You don't think so much when you are painting or sketching. Because you have to focus on if you want to make an art.
Activity: 210
Merit: 4
February 01, 2018, 12:48:50 AM
There are a lot of things that you can do to "relax" your mind. It differs from one person to another. I believe artistic people do that to "relax" but not everyone is like that. I usually stop and sort of meditate, try not to think too much, just feel all the tension and make them go away.
Activity: 273
Merit: 100
January 31, 2018, 04:33:48 PM
I do doodling with my pencil sometimes and it does relax my mind.
Activity: 28
January 31, 2018, 12:04:00 PM
I think for those who are talented in sketching or painting they feel relax when they expressing their feeling on what they are doing, for me i'd rather choose to read books cause im not good in sketching or painting.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
January 31, 2018, 11:20:39 AM
Painting and sketching are the ways to express yourself. For some people it is their obsession, for others it is a way to relax their minds. While others consider it a way to make a connection with their inner-self. In any case sketching and painting are something intricate yet soothing and fascinating.
I believe that to display your art you do not have to be a great artist. You just have to draw you emotion and personality on paper.
I express my self by sketching and painting to get perfect on what I 'am doing by sketching, I need to explore my mind by sketching and painting to get perfect on what I 'am doing.
Activity: 46
January 31, 2018, 07:25:17 AM

Well..I always was a bad artist but I remember the pleasure that painting gave me when I was a child and went to school. I think it is really relaxing and helps to express yourself
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
January 31, 2018, 05:38:36 AM
I think it is because people in the past this is their way to relax their mind and soul. In this way you can express your emotion through painting, drawing or sketching .Not only relaxing your mind but it also relieve you from stress in a creative way .
Activity: 226
January 31, 2018, 04:28:37 AM
Yes, sketching and painting is a very good stress reliever. Especially when you are a lone at home.your life situation is so boring cause you are alone. But if you have to divert your mind in sketching or painting then your stress will relieve. And it can help our mind to cooldown and relax.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
January 31, 2018, 02:39:20 AM
I can't paint.

If I can relax my mind with painting, body painting is more suitable for me.
Activity: 19
January 31, 2018, 01:52:28 AM
Painting or drawing is a hobby that can make someone relax, can even generate money coffers. But there are also people who are not very good at painting or drawing. For those who like it, in my opinion may choose other hobbies that can make you relax. Suppose singing, though sometimes our voice is not melodious even tend to fals. The important thing can make us relax and not disturb others.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
January 29, 2018, 03:34:46 PM
Oh yeah, EMOTIONs on the paper. liner, markers and some pen... Amazing
Activity: 17
January 29, 2018, 01:18:36 PM
There are many ways how you can relax. If we do not consider techniques and use the simplest and most accessible methods, then we can distinguish:

- peace and sleep
- alternating tension and relaxation
- exercise and sport
- alcohol and cigarettes
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
January 29, 2018, 10:46:32 AM
Depend on a person, some person who loves art can do painting or sketching when they are stress or tired from work and just want to relax with that. There are also some people don't like arts, they don't like art that much as like what people loves art so in my opinion it's depend.
Activity: 7
January 29, 2018, 08:28:34 AM
Painting or sketching rather can give me energy. Whenever I paint, it gives me a sense of contentment. I got excited and at the same time I got control of things. I was able to see my inner-self as well.  Maybe some would define it as a means of expression, an escape to reality and a gate to imaginative things or fantasy while from me, it is my means of freedom. Well, it depends on the person. Some paints for relaxation while some paints because it is their hobby, or some paint because it is a school requirement.
Pages:
Jump to: